do u think rim will come out with a bb that has a front facing camera too. the commercial that apple put out with the front camera look pretty cool even though u can only do it with only iphone 4 to iphone 4 with wifi only.
    06-28-10 01:07 PM
    Hopefully NEVER.
    06-28-10 01:19 PM
    I would bet my bottom dollar that sometime in the near future RIM will attempt
    to release a phone with a front facing camera.
    06-28-10 01:24 PM
    No one I call has or is getting an iPhone 4 so the camera is a useless expense.
    06-28-10 01:26 PM
    I would bet my bottom dollar that sometime in the near future RIM will attempt
    to release a phone with a front facing camera.
    You will lose your bottom dollar.
    06-28-10 01:29 PM
    u can only do it with only iphone 4 to iphone 4 with wifi only.
    Why include such a useless feature? Oh, because some people think its cool?

06-28-10 01:31 PM
    They're obviously marketing the younger in-school crowd... Sexting is huge these days.
    06-28-10 01:34 PM
    I think it's pretty stupid.. Not liking it i mean i know a lot of people that bought iPhone 4 and they think it's useless and there like fanboys lol

Proof of concept, and building on the fact that many users are at home/dorm/school with readily available wifi

the goal is to create a user connectivity like BBM has for BB users, but it has to be something different, this is just that.

I would bank that the iPhone 5, will allow for far more use of a front camera, and possible network use rather than wifi exclusive,
    There must be a lot of people with money to waste. Congrats Apple. LOL
    06-28-10 01:40 PM
    I had a front facing camera on a Sony Ericsson P1i about 4 years ago. It worked well enough but 3G had not really taken hold in Europe then so there was nobody to call with video.

Now that Apple had fitted one to the iPhone, a front facing camera will become the norm within 1 year, I predict.
    06-28-10 01:42 PM
    I had a front facing camera on a Sony Ericsson P1i about 4 years ago. It worked well enough but 3G had not really taken hold in Europe then so there was nobody to call with video.
    Don't tell Steve Jobs that he thinks he invented it like he invented folders for apps.......
    06-28-10 01:44 PM
    HEYYYYY maybe blackberry should develop a special class of "child/teen friendly" phones and then keep their "business class" phones separate...lol

*** Sarcasm alert***
    06-28-10 01:45 PM

Only the iPhone's front camera is solely useable on wifi. The one on my EVO can be used on 3G, 4G, or wifi. So there are users that will be able to take advantage.
    06-28-10 01:50 PM
    They're obviously marketing the younger in-school crowd... Sexting is huge these days.

aahahahahaha
    06-28-10 01:52 PM
    When the camera phone was introduced people said it was stupid because "What
    good is it to have a camera on your phone to send pictures if others don't have
    a camera phone?"

In this situation, video chat will be something normal like cameras on a phone
    became this past decade. Pete6 is correct too. Now that Apple has implemented
    it, it's going to become even more popular.
    06-28-10 01:57 PM
    Well this beats wearing a trench coat and lurking. Now I can just make random calls!
    06-28-10 01:59 PM
    Well this beats wearing a trench coat and lurking. Now I can just make random calls!

what ever!

you'll never give up the tench coat and lurking!

this just means when it is cold outside you'll use a phone instead
    06-28-10 02:00 PM
    Hopefully NEVER.
    Why? If the phone had one you simply would not have to use it? I don't understand your beef?
    06-28-10 02:06 PM
    What's wrong with lurking?

Do you cut the legs off your pants and tie them up just under your knees. That way until you open your trench coat it looks like you are fully clothed. Hehe.
    06-28-10 02:09 PM
    Why? If the phone had one you simply would not have to use it? I don't understand your beef?
    ...........but you would have to pay for it to be implemented in the phone.
    06-28-10 02:11 PM
    I could see it coming in the far future.

Personally, I think it's kind of silly. iPhone 4 user can ONLY use it over Wi-Fi to other iPhoners. The EVO can work over 3G/4G which is nice but again, you'd need to be calling another device which is compatible with it. This is not a wide-spread feature so at the time now, it seems rather useless.

I'd wait til it's a wide-spread feature across MANY phones, many people have it, and I can use it over 3G, not just Wi-Fi.
    06-28-10 02:15 PM
    Correction, I would never buy a phone with a front facing camera. I don't have beef with it, its just not for me.
    06-28-10 02:17 PM
    ...........but you would have to pay for it to be implemented in the phone.
    I'm not sure I follow what your saying
    06-28-10 02:17 PM
    What's wrong with lurking?

Do you cut the legs off your pants and tie them up just under your knees. That way until you open your trench coat it looks like you are fully clothed. Hehe.
    I found that wearing a pair of socks and above that just a straight up pair of shorts works great. You get some real weird looks from people.
    06-28-10 02:18 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD