alright folks.... i currently use a jail broken iphone 4 thinking of buyin a blackberry bold 9900 on payday, good choice ? i've had blackberrys in the past (9700 bold) which i had many problems with and kinda spoiled my "blackberry experience" to that when i finally got a different blackberry replacement (9780) i was so put off that i went to apple, i am now however wanting another blackberry and been reading alot about the 9900 i do miss the blackberry features like bbm etc and the genuine day to day use/feel of the thing but am worried that the same problems are still there, constant freezing etc etc so from a users perspective how is the bold 9900 ? and would you recommend changing back ? i feel my iphone is too childish for me with all the daft apps/ games etc

cheers Paul.
    08-15-12 01:11 PM
    I have a 9930 (same thing) and it never freezes. Had it for a year or so. I honestly love it and can't imagine doing my daily routine without it.

No cut on the other devices but if you want to be productive day in and day out get a bold. Great device!
    08-15-12 01:22 PM
    It's a great idea. Go get it....
    08-15-12 01:24 PM
    I sent my Bold 9900 in for repairs a week ago and was using the 9700 up until yesterday. Let me tell you, the two are worlds apart. The 9700 was agonizing to use after getting used to the 9900, which is simply far faster with a much more superior keyboard. The 9700 also struggled with available memory (it had OS6 loaded, and I'm assuming it wasn't shrunk in any way), which caused more slowdowns and a barely usable browser experience.

Of course, comparing a somewhat current phone to one that is around three years old is a little overkill, but the 9900 won't disappoint if you're looking for an improved BlackBerry experience.
    08-15-12 01:24 PM
    If your iPhone feels childish because of the "daft apps/ games" then why are you downloading daft apps and games? Just because they exist, doesn't mean you need to download them.

If your question is serious and not just a trolling post, then I'll ask you this: how much web browsing do you do on your phone? This is the biggest difference I notice between BB and iPhone/Android. The web browsing experience on BB phones is dismal compared to iPhone. It's better than it was when you had you 9700, but still way below the curve.
    08-15-12 01:26 PM
    i don't need to be producive as such on my phone as i'm a mechanic lol, but i am seriously liking the comments/feedback so far
    08-15-12 01:27 PM
    i don't i just mean like even the apps that i download have a childish orientation to them i dont tbh use web on my phone that much i use my laptop for that just miss then normal day to day uses of a blackberry ie bbm texting the keypad and so on actually jsut miss blackberry tbh but the bold 9700 seriously dampened my spirits hense why i moved to apple in the first place so no this is not a trolling post i'm asking for genuine advice buddy.
    08-15-12 01:30 PM
    If it does what you want it to do, and does it well, its the phone for you. Me, Im loving the bold experience, keyboard second to none, with the added choice of touch screen. Using both is a joy for me. I only have the apps I need and use; all down to personal choice really ! Go into a shop and have a play around with one.
    08-15-12 01:35 PM
    The 9900 is not a huge jump from the 9700. It's newer and faster, but it's still behind the curve (not the Blackberry Curve :P). I'm still not sure what you mean by your apps having a childish orientation. I'd have to say your downloading the wrong apps. I have a ton of professional and personal apps on my iPad and none of them seem childish.

The poster above gives some good advice: go try one. Make sure they let you connect to 3G so that you can actually get the whole experience.
    08-15-12 01:36 PM
    9900 w/os7 is WAAAYYYY better than older devices such as 9700 with older os versions. It is the biggest step forward in BBOS's in my opinion.
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-15-12 01:36 PM
    The 9900 is not a huge jump from the 9700.
    I was using a replacement 9700 (with OS6) for a week while my 9900 was in for repairs, and it was like night and day. The 9700 was absolutely agonizing to use after getting used to the 9900. It's just so much slower and the browser was borderline unusable with the amount of memory on that thing.
    08-15-12 01:42 PM
    Of course it's a good idea to switch from apple to a Bold 9900 / 9930 the BlackBerry is a superior product.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    08-15-12 01:45 PM
    I was using a replacement 9700 (with OS6) for a week while my 9900 was in for repairs, and it was like night and day. The 9700 was absolutely agonizing to use after getting used to the 9900. It's just so much slower and the browser was borderline unusable with the amount of memory on that thing.
    Lol thanks, I read your post above already. In my opinion, its just not that different. The things you mentioned are true, and I even said that the 9900 is faster. But it's still the old Java OS. It's still clunky, still hangs up, and still feels like all the older iterations of the OS.
    08-15-12 01:56 PM
    Lol thanks, I read your post above already. In my opinion, its just not that different. The things you mentioned are true, and I even said that the 9900 is faster. But it's still the old Java OS. It's still clunky, still hangs up, and still feels like all the older iterations of the OS.
    Sorry, but browsing is just one aspect that's pretty hugely different from BB6 to BB7. My 9900 is anything but clunky, it very, very rarely gets laggy, and never hangs up. Sure the UI is little changed from older OS's, but he new BB7 devices are all around much smoother and more responsive. The 9700 is not the BB to be fairly comparing to anything else less than a year old.
    08-15-12 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD