So because McDonald's gets more customers then Fridays they make better burgers? That doesn't make sense

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    I pointing out what he was trying to show. I do not believe highest sales or more users means a better product.
    DS1331 likes this.
    10-02-13 04:22 PM
    I pointing out what he was trying to show. I do not believe highest sales or more users means a better product.
    It also doesn't mean they aren't better. Moreover, in the case of McDonald's and Fridays you aren't comparing the same thing. Fridays costs a different amount than McDonals. There are a lot more McDonald's stores than Fridays. One has much more take out than the other so they sell a different amount per floorspace of their stores. But none of those things really are differences between phones. They are a lot closer.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 04:32 PM
    In 2009 I had a work provided Curve 8300, it was my first smart phone, my wife had a pay per use feature phone. The first iOS devices came into our house were the 4th Generation iPod Touches for my two children, they are great devices for kids, Games, Movies, Books, Music, educational apps, camera all in one fairly durable little device. That opened the iOS flood gates, we now have the two iPod touches, two iPhones, an Apple TV, and a 4th gen iPad. My wife and kids wouldn't even consider a non iOS device, I would kind of like to try a Nexus 7 and a Q10, but why swim against the current.
    10-02-13 05:24 PM
    It also doesn't mean they aren't better. Moreover, in the case of McDonald's and Fridays you aren't comparing the same thing. Fridays costs a different amount than McDonals. There are a lot more McDonald's stores than Fridays. One has much more take out than the other so they sell a different amount per floorspace of their stores. But none of those things really are differences between phones. They are a lot closer.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I was just trying to make a quick comparison you're correct on the analogy being off but I think the point was semi made

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    10-02-13 06:49 PM
    Lol I was just trying to make a quick comparison you're correct on the analogy being off but I think the point was semi made

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    In the sense that comparing two things that are different is the same as comparing two things that are the same. I suppose so.
    DS1331 likes this.
    10-02-13 06:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. High sales very well may mean a product is great, but doesn't always mean it.

I thought the analogy was a bad choice. Fridays is not the same as McDonalds.
    DS1331 likes this.
    10-02-13 07:48 PM
    I don't see the similarities at all. Apple has a superior CEO/management team, superior marketing team, superior product design team, and most importantly a superior product.
    TgeekB and amazinglygraceless like this.
    10-02-13 08:08 PM
    I don't see the similarities at all. Apple has a superior CEO/management team, superior marketing team, superior product design team, and most importantly a superior product.
    Disagree about the product (hardware/software). But the "product" includes the app store so I can see your point. I no longer "need" anymore apps as of yesterday, but that's just me. Anyway... it's only my opinion, but I feel the Z is a better hardware/software "product" for me.
    10-02-13 08:36 PM
    Disagree about the product (hardware/software). But the "product" includes the app store so I can see your point. I no longer "need" anymore apps as of yesterday, but that's just me. Anyway... it's only my opinion, but I feel the Z is a better hardware/software "product" for me.
    Fair enough.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-02-13 08:58 PM
    For the vast majority of users the product includes the App Store, iCloud and iTunes. Google realizes this.
    10-02-13 09:05 PM
    For the vast majority of users the product includes the App Store, iCloud and iTunes. Google realizes this.
    Everybody is different (which is a good thing). I really don't get along with iTunes, and iCloud is good for an all Apple person I suppose. Choice is good.
    10-02-13 09:21 PM
    Lol more albums have been purchased thru BlackBerry world then itunes? Music or just albums? Any back up to that?
    His point was "It's been said", not that it's credible or true.

You are seven feet tall.

There. Now you can say "Some have said that I'm seven feet tall".

His point was that people hallucinate ludicrous comparisons and post them as fact.
    DS1331 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:33 PM
    The other big difference is that Apple has a revenue stream that BB will never have. They have an incredibly powerful ecosystem. iTunes is the largest music store in the world and, unlike other services, they aren't really challenged in that regard. Many cars have technology to support Apple products. Siri is making an entrance to the automotive system.
    Yeah, Siri in cars usually runs on top of the QNX

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:54 PM
    Yeah, Siri in cars usually runs on top of the QNX
    Winning!
    10-03-13 08:46 PM

Posted via CB10

But have you seen the sodium amounts in McDonald's food it's been long known that sodium has very high addictive properties

IROC-Z10 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    10-06-13 10:16 PM
    No it wouldn't. That's why they haven't done it.
    There are other mobile manufacturers that have done this and it is showing.
    apple has been throwing mud on the wall to see what would stick for years and they finally got lucky with the nsa phone.
    10-06-13 11:17 PM
    apple has been throwing mud on the wall to see what would stick for years and they finally got lucky with the nsa phone.
    Word on the street is that the iPod was/is very successful.

10-06-13 11:20 PM
    Word on the street is that the iPod was/is very successful.

and the nsa phone is nothing more than a music player with a phone added on.
    10-06-13 11:27 PM
    and the nsa phone is nothing more than a music player with a phone added on.
    If you say so. *shrugs*

10-06-13 11:31 PM
    If you say so. *shrugs*

Apples not throwing things at the wall hoping it sticks, they released what 5 phones? Its a premium product. They know what their doing over there.

Samsung is the one that throws everything in the world at the wall and got a few to catch on

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    10-07-13 12:08 AM
    Apples not throwing things at the wall hoping it sticks, they released what 5 phones? Its a premium product. They know what their doing over there.

Samsung is the one that throws everything in the world at the wall and got a few to catch on

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    They have to do that in order to stand out from the other android oems. If a company wants to add a lot of features (useless or not), I say go for it. Choice is good!

10-07-13 12:16 AM
    Apple may be a bit behind now. But I am certain they won't follow Blackberry's footsteps. Eventually they will do something to become appealing to the masses.
    10-07-13 12:42 AM

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    Samsung is a company that innovates and somehow always manages to stay the king of Androids. Plus Samsung is a company that is loved by the general population. Let's just say both Apple and Samsung know how to stay in the game and they will be major players for a long time.
    10-07-13 12:46 AM
    "...BB announced that they will no longer try to compete for 3rd place. .."

When did they announce that?
    10-07-13 11:38 AM
    Samsung is a company that innovates and somehow always manages to stay the king of Androids. Plus Samsung is a company that is loved by the general population. Let's just say both Apple and Samsung know how to stay in the game and they will be major players for a long time.
    Exactly, they do it in different ways but they both do know what their doing. I wouldn't nessecarily say samsung is innovating though, what have they innovated? The eye thing is cool I guess and the wave, but almost all the people I know that have samsung turn them off and never use them. But atleast they are throwing out SoMEThING different.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    10-07-13 06:55 PM
125 ... 345