09-14-15 09:01 AM
42 12
tools
    I think it's by Bluetooth connection.

How do you use the Passport keyboard as a Surface keyboard replacement?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    09-11-15 02:26 PM
    That's probably why 90% of those table/chair hoggers use iProducts and stay at the store for what seems like 24/7... to study perhaps??

The reason to go for a Windows tablet over an Ipad:

Ipad has a phone OS with a phone CPU

Windows tablets have a desktop OS, and can be equipped with a desktop CPU.

There is no comparison. But I am sure the new Ipad pro will be a popular choice with people who need a complementary device for their Starbucks cup. That, only an Apple device can do.

Posted via CB10

09-11-15 02:28 PM
    That's probably why 90% of those table/chair hoggers use iProducts and stay at the store for what seems like 24/7... to study perhaps??

Frankly my iPad Air2 battery life is pretty good for my daily use.
    09-11-15 04:40 PM
    Purchase 128GB Surface Pro 1 day 1 of availability and 256GB Surface Pro 3 on day 1. Have tried iPads and they are just too limiting as I wanted a laptop replacement and tablet replacement combined. SP3 does that and more and also have 128GB SD card. Upgraded to Win10 on July 29 and am just loving it.

Handwriting technology is just amazing. Win10 blazing fast and finally an interface that marries laptop/desktop and tablet interfaces.

If I bought an iPad Pro I would still have to buy a laptop.

At Apple prices that would be an investment of more than 200% and that just isn't worth it.

Looking forward to seeing the SP4 release.
    09-11-15 05:06 PM
    Purchase 128GB Surface Pro 1 day 1 of availability and 256GB Surface Pro 3 on day 1. Have tried iPads and they are just too limiting as I wanted a laptop replacement and tablet replacement combined. SP3 does that and more and also have 128GB SD card. Upgraded to Win10 on July 29 and am just loving it.

Handwriting technology is just amazing. Win10 blazing fast and finally an interface that marries laptop/desktop and tablet interfaces.

If I bought an iPad Pro I would still have to buy a laptop.

At Apple prices that would be an investment of more than 200% and that just isn't worth it.

Looking forward to seeing the SP4 release.
    I will check out the Surface Pro 3 to see what its all about. If I like it, I may get it too. My wife calls me an "addict".
    09-11-15 05:15 PM
    Surface pro 3 is definitely feature packed. All the ports you'll need and full Windows. 400 million programs available. I heard you can also run Mac OS in emulation or Android even.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    terminatorx likes this.
    09-11-15 05:33 PM
    Surface pro 3 is definitely feature packed. All the ports you'll need and full Windows. 400 million programs available. I heard you can also run Mac OS in emulation or Android even.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    If you turn off "secure" boot, you can even run GNU/Linux natively, but it replaces windows entirely, unless a ROM chip with the shipped version exists as a recovery boot device. It blows windows away with the boot speed, trust me.
    09-11-15 06:16 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    My curiosity is definitely peaked. Sounds really good

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 07:50 PM
    With a Surface 3, plain or Pro, you don't need a laptop. I don't even have the type cover for my S3 - I just pair my Passport and use it as a keyboard and touchpad, or write out text in cursive - the handwriting recognition is superb. The new iPad is ridiculous, but it will sell well, and people will be gushing over the iPen as if Apple invented it.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    I'll send you some money to buy a keyboard. Nice you can use your Passport, but its like connecting your premium desktop to to a smartphone screen instead of using a nice lcd monitor.

You are right about the ipad pro though. They could have charge twice as much for it and the famous pencil and still people would buy it and brag about it.
    09-11-15 10:12 PM
    How do you use the Passport keyboard as a Surface keyboard replacement?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    A native BB10 app called Blue TouchPad
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/38050888

09-12-15 11:06 PM
    I have a Surface Pro 3 as well, but also a regular Dell laptop as for the life of me, even with Windows 10, there is no way I can back up or restore my Classic via USB connection. Works fine with the USB ports on the laptop though. So I was just wondering for those of you who only have a SP3 as a laptop replacement, how do you backup your BlackBerrys?

Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    I still have a desktop computer, so I back up via Link. However, I could do without it - all my files are on OneDrive, including the photos on the Passport's SD card. Email, Contacts and Calendar sync with MS Exchange, and Remember syncs with Evernote. Only text messages and BBM chats aren't in the cloud. So unless someone takes over my MS account, my files are safe from accidental loss. Yes, MS can see them - I don't care about that.

09-12-15 11:14 PM
    I'll send you some money to buy a keyboard. Nice you can use your Passport, but its like connecting your premium desktop to to a smartphone screen instead of using a nice lcd monitor.

You are right about the ipad pro though. They could have charge twice as much for it and the famous pencil and still people would buy it and brag about it.
    I can afford a keyboard, I just don't want the extra weight and bulk. I love typing on the Passport - seriously. I've taken the time to set up a lot of abbreviations so that I rarely have to type an entire word that is longer than 5 characters. By now the Passport has learned my writing style, so the suggested words are spot on more than 80% of the time. It's a great companion to a tablet - as long as it's not an iPad.

09-12-15 11:22 PM
    Actually, the iPad "Pro" prompts me to have another look at the Surface Pro line...

Full desktop OS, and touch goodness... could even do Linux (VM or otherwise) ... :-)

  Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...  
    09-13-15 02:23 AM
    I also would rather look at Microsofts Surface lineup rather than the iPad Pro. Especially the Surface Pro: Desktop computer hardware, fully featured desktop OS, neat keyboard cover and well integrated stylus. The iPad Pro just looks like a larger sized iPad, with all the downsides compared to devices with full desktop capabilities.

I would've already bought a Surface 3 to accompany my SE Passport, but truth to be told the device is rather expensive here and I doubt I'd use the Surface that much to justify the price I have to pay.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 02:33 AM
    Actually, the iPad "Pro" prompts me to have another look at the Surface Pro line...

Full desktop OS, and touch goodness... could even do Linux (VM or otherwise) ... :-)

•   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   •
    Maybe I should get both the iPad & Surface Pros.
    09-13-15 11:18 AM
    Nope surface pro for the win. There is nothing the super maxipad pro with pens could provide to beat the Microsoft one! Lol
    ALToronto likes this.
    09-13-15 11:24 AM
    Id rather get Cintiq even if it cost 5 iPad pros!

Well yeah, go with SP3 instead

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-14-15 09:01 AM
42 12