I'm so getting the iPad Pro because it will compliment my Silver Edition Passport. I guess I like to have the best of both world; sort of an insurance for getting my work done regardless of whatever "mobile computing" challenges I may find myself up against. Undoubtedly I love my SE Passport but I think I will equally love the iPad Pro.

Just curious, are there any Passport (or other BB10 devices) owners who will be getting the iPad Pro?
    09-10-15 01:38 PM
    Not me. There are other devices with wacom interfaces built-in, lenovo has two (maybe three?), just have to do some research prior to it, and if you don't really favour windows "10", then gnu/linux flavours also work too, and come with open/libreoffice suite and support wacom out of the box. Though some do not, Mint does.

I own a lenovo thinkpad x220 tablet.

Typed from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk for BlackBerry 7.1
    09-10-15 02:16 PM
    Why? Surface pro seems a much superior device unless you depend on an ios app.
    09-10-15 02:43 PM
    Uses a pen that takes 2 "AAAA" size batteries, hard to find in all stores too, most chargers are rarely compatible with the rechargeable types. Anything with wacom built-in is probably better due to no batteries required (wireless power).

09-10-15 02:47 PM
    There's no mention of the apple pencil here, so I don't know why you're mentioning Wacom. It's not included with the iPad pro
    09-10-15 02:51 PM
    Frankly I haven't tried out Surface Pro, so I can't really pass any judgements. However, I should have also disclosed that I have by unintentional default being using iPads as my tablet, after the Playbook didn't pan out so good.
    09-10-15 03:15 PM
    Uses a pen that takes 2 "AAAA" size batteries, hard to find in all stores too, most chargers are rarely compatible with the rechargeable types. Anything with wacom built-in is probably better due to no batteries required (wireless power).

Just get them off Amazon. And you certainly don't need rechargeable batteries - my Surface Pen is still on its original batteries over a year later, though I don't use it as often as other Surface owners.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 03:26 PM
    Just get them off Amazon. And you certainly don't need rechargeable batteries - my Surface Pen is still on its original batteries over a year later, though I don't use it as often as other Surface owners.

Posted via CB10
    Rechargeable batteries will save you allot in the long run, and pay for themselves. But yeah, the pen is very energy efficient too, even on single-use batteries. Though I wish it used a 1500 mAh li-ion cell. Years and years of use. Also, how long does it take the pen to "turn on"?
    09-10-15 03:41 PM
    I don't use tablets much at all. We have a Lenovo tablet that I purchased for $78 (less than the iPencil) and works well for games and mindless stuff. Otherwise we all tend to use our phones or laptops for school and work papers etc. So, I can't see paying almost $800 for any tablet.

Posted via Classic
    09-10-15 03:49 PM
    Rechargeable batteries will save you allot in the long run, and pay for themselves. But yeah, the pen is very energy efficient too, even on single-use batteries. Though I wish it used a 1500 mAh li-ion cell. Years and years of use. Also, how long does it take the pen to "turn on"?
    I suppose they could save you in the long run, although with battery life like this I've not been too concerned about that personally - but YMMV.

The pen "turns on" pretty much instantly. I've certainly never had to wait for it to start writing, but sometimes the OneNote button at the top needs a second to react. Not sure if that's an issue with the pen, the Bluetooth connection, or the Surface itself, however.
    09-10-15 04:22 PM
    iPad Pro is a waste of money. If you had to compare it with anything it would have been to the Surface RT. Good for media consumption and maybe games. It's not a full fledged productive platform like Surface Pro with full windows.

The apple pencil looks like a joke too, $99 for a pen-like device, sign me up

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 05:51 PM
    I would definitely agree with other members to purchase a Surface Pro 3 instead of the iPad Pro. The Surface Pro has full Windows capabilities and is a better bang for your bucks.

The iPad Pro looks like the ugly child of the Surface Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note tablet.

P.S. What the hell did Steve Jobs say about using a stylus?? I guess the Apple's so called Pencil is not a stylus lol?

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    Rootbrian likes this.
    09-10-15 06:06 PM
    I would definitely agree with other members to purchase a Surface Pro 3 instead of the iPad Pro. The Surface Pro has full Windows capabilities and is a better bang for your bucks.

The iPad Pro looks like the ugly child of the Surface Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note tablet.

P.S. What the hell did Steve Jobs say about using a stylus?? I guess the Apple's so called Pencil is not a stylus lol?

Ha, apple has always tried to rename common things so to "reinvent" to confuse people. Hahaha. Steve would be pissed if he was still alive.
    09-10-15 06:15 PM
    Surface Pro in 2016. Have an ipad, never use it.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    09-10-15 07:02 PM
    Surface Pro in 2016. Have an ipad, never use it.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    I'm waiting to see what Microsoft has in store for the upcoming Surface Pro 4 and if the upgrade is minimal, I would buy a Surface Pro 3 when the price goes down.

09-10-15 07:23 PM
    I need a real laptop I don't travel with both laptop and big tablet.
    09-10-15 07:42 PM
    I have an SP3. Love it. Tablet meets laptop with a real OS that runs Windows program and Bluestack for Android apps. I can't see why anyone would pay for a 12" device that isn't running Mac OS. They totally missed it.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    09-10-15 07:46 PM
    It is way too big to be used as a tablet and I've got too many laptops/netbooks to really consider it as a replacement.

It's a hybrid but just like with Surface tablets, I just can't find a place for it in my routine.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk.
    09-10-15 08:43 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro for work.. I would chose either that or a Surface Pro 3 over the iPad Pro.

Sent from my awesome Ubuntu device using the Forum Browser app
    09-11-15 04:36 AM

That's cute, you're bringing up "AAAA" vs Apple- a comapny that thrives on proprietary devices. Again...cute
    09-11-15 06:33 AM
    With a Surface 3, plain or Pro, you don't need a laptop. I don't even have the type cover for my S3 - I just pair my Passport and use it as a keyboard and touchpad, or write out text in cursive - the handwriting recognition is superb. The new iPad is ridiculous, but it will sell well, and people will be gushing over the iPen as if Apple invented it.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    09-11-15 07:15 AM
    With a Surface 3, plain or Pro, you don't need a laptop. I don't even have the type cover for my S3 - I just pair my Passport and use it as a keyboard and touchpad, or write out text in cursive - the handwriting recognition is superb. The new iPad is ridiculous, but it will sell well, and people will be gushing over the iPen as if Apple invented it.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    How do you use the Passport keyboard as a Surface keyboard replacement?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    09-11-15 09:20 AM
    I have a Surface Pro 3 as well, but also a regular Dell laptop as for the life of me, even with Windows 10, there is no way I can back up or restore my Classic via USB connection. Works fine with the USB ports on the laptop though. So I was just wondering for those of you who only have a SP3 as a laptop replacement, how do you backup your BlackBerrys?

Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:08 AM
    The reason to go for a Windows tablet over an Ipad:

Ipad has a phone OS with a phone CPU

Windows tablets have a desktop OS, and can be equipped with a desktop CPU.

There is no comparison. But I am sure the new Ipad pro will be a popular choice with people who need a complementary device for their Starbucks cup. That, only an Apple device can do.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:41 AM
    Yuppie coffee cup accessory.

Ouch.

Sent from my awesome Ubuntu device using the Forum Browser app
    09-11-15 02:18 PM
42 12