Proper web browsing (Flash for games and other websites I need), some development tools I use when I'm bored and want to do a little work, backing up my BB periodically as I travel and a bunch of other stuff that can't be done on most portable devices unless they support a proper OS.
    What kind of games do you play on you Slow netbook since you said you used a fast one before but didn't say you owned it at all. And development tools which ones. I can tho understand the backing up of your blackberry, but that's about the only fair argument you seem to pose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 08:54 PM
    Many sites require flash.. Many games too, be foolish to name them all, and hard. And of course, multitasking is quite important if you're gonna compare the two.

02-07-10 10:30 PM
    What kind of games do you play on you Slow netbook since you said you used a fast one before but didn't say you owned it at all. And development tools which ones. I can tho understand the backing up of your blackberry, but that's about the only fair argument you seem to pose.

I don't own it, I got to use it for a few days when it came through work. Myself and IT did a lot of tests and I make sure to stress the gaming and entertainment aspects of new systems. Just my thing,

Development tools are MSVC++ and a number of other things such as reporting tools, tracking tools, etc. MSVC++ is one of the most intensive programs and it runs a little slow in the netbook but that's understandable. But it runs better than other netbooks I've ever used.

As for fair arguments, try putting MSVC++ or in fact any other tool that isn't Apple related on it, not going to happen. Most serious development tools are not available for Apple products.

And you seem to be glossing over the Flash issue, my company website is heavily invested in that, and so is our software. It heavily exploits Flash so only a netbook or greater can even utilize it.

Having said that, we use MACs at work for graphical design work and Flash development. At least the MAC PC's are useful for something.
    02-07-10 11:40 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD