Anything Apple has > anything RIM has. Sorry but it's the truth. I once was a strong proponent of RIM, but not anymore with the flooding of devices that offer junk.
    02-06-10 08:48 PM
    Sounds like a great idea man and a good investment, I'll be syncing my ipad with my 3Gs until the 4G comes out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 10:13 PM
    Get a netbook....at least they have some variable functionality rather than a giant iphone..ipad is a terribly stupid product

02-06-10 10:34 PM
    Get a netbook....at least they have some variable functionality rather than a giant iphone..ipad is a terribly stupid product

People say the samething about the iPhone it's a toy this it's a toy that the battery is worthless, blah blah blah this guy is a hater the ipad will sale great and why because it's a useful device. If the netbook was so good it would sell better then it does. Grab an ipad and blow off the apple haters

02-06-10 10:49 PM
    People say the samething about the iPhone it's a toy this it's a toy that the battery is worthless, blah blah blah this guy is a hater the ipad will sale great and why because it's a useful device. If the netbook was so good it would sell better then it does. Grab an ipad and blow off the apple haters

I actually could really care less.....can't justify, however, spending however much on a piece of junk that has limited functionality....just because Stevie Jobs promotes it as the next big thing...

Want an ipad so bad? Get an IPHONE...at least you have the phone functionality. Ipad is equivalent to an overhyped ebook reader with a few additional apps
    02-07-10 12:40 AM
    If it's Apple, then just stay away from it. its all a bunch of i-crap. Go and buy a real pc.
    Please... these kinds of comments are useless.
    02-07-10 07:46 AM
    I actually could really care less.....can't justify, however, spending however much on a piece of junk that has limited functionality....just because Stevie Jobs promotes it as the next big thing...

Want an ipad so bad? Get an IPHONE...at least you have the phone functionality. Ipad is equivalent to an overhyped ebook reader with a few additional apps
    dude your just your average apple critic, and when this thing sales good you'll be still complaining saying limited this not open that and that you think kindle is better or something. This thing is far more them an snook reader with a few apps, 140,000 is more then a few. The app store makes the iPhone and it has done amazing because of it, and this won't be any different so just sit back watch apples success and complain.

02-07-10 08:09 AM

I dont need a laptop..... so why would I want a crappy laptop?
    02-07-10 08:42 AM

All of us are different. As I have said earlier, I have a 24" iMac at home that more can suffices for what I need it to do. It generates the vast majority of content that I create i.e. email, documents, photo editing etc etc. When I am not at home, I spend the vast majority of my time consuming media on my devices.

I have a Kindle DX, Laptop and Berry. Unless I absolutely know I wont have time to read when I go out, I always have the Kindle DX and Berry with me. The iPad is attractive to me because it has more capabilities than the Kindle DX in the approximate same form factor.

For me..... the iPad is clearly superior to any netbook or phone for consuming media. That may not be your situation.... and thats fine. Whatever works for you.
    02-07-10 08:53 AM
    I would rather have just an iphone than have to carry an ipad and a dumb phone.

I would consider an ipad alongside my Blackberry, however it would mostly be for things I already use my ipod touch for (home cinema remote and browsing the web whilst watching movies) so it would essentially be a coffee table toy, which means it'd have to be a lot cheaper.

My Blackberry already does everything I would want in my pocket, my laptop does everything else I would want in something that doesn't fit in my pocket, I see little use for the ipad as a carry-about device.

02-07-10 10:00 AM
    I dont need a laptop..... so why would I want a crappy laptop?
    My point exactly people are quick to criticize apples ipad but they own netbooks which is a sad excuse for a miniature laptop.

02-07-10 10:25 AM
    My point exactly people are quick to criticize apples ipad but they own netbooks which is a sad excuse for a miniature laptop.

How is it sad?.. Its a size different, user-preferenced. Same thing with a iPhone and a iPad, you're just a little too biased.

02-07-10 10:33 AM
    How is it sad?.. Its a size different, user-preferenced. Same thing with a iPhone and a iPad, you're just a little too biased.

This is true I am apple biased and largely opposed to the netbook and BIS Blackberry usage

02-07-10 10:37 AM
    This is true I am apple biased and largely opposed to the netbook and BIS Blackberry usage

Why, lol. Well you can, but should not let that get in the way of having a good arguement with another member. You can learn things or be educating the other.

02-07-10 10:43 AM
    i find it really funny that the original question was about keeping the blackberry vs. getting an ipad. then there is post after post about which laptop to get even after saying that he doesn't want a laptop. anyway, the only problem i can find is a convenience issue. i have never had a smartphone before i got my 9700 and i have never had internet on a phone. now that i have it, i will never go back. i walk out the door with nothing in my hands. when i get somewhere, if i need the internet, i pull out my phone. its always there. if that convenience doesn't mean anything to you then by all means ipad is the way to go. the screen looks great and i have always liked the ease of use of a touch screen (i hate that the storm is a verizon exclusive, but then again i love my 9700.) just remember, you wont ALWAYS carry the ipad tho
    02-07-10 10:48 AM
    If it's Apple, then just stay away from it. its all a bunch of i-crap. Go and buy a real pc.
    i COMPLETLY AGREE! ipad is crap! no multitasking and its not handy! its not bc i dont like any of apple product ive been using mac since i was in elementary, but this new product seems sucks ! screw ipad lol
    02-07-10 11:43 AM
    Why, lol. Well you can, but should not let that get in the way of having a good arguement with another member. You can learn things or be educating the other.

well I do have a valid reason why I don't like BIS on a blackberry for email reasons, and why I don't like the netbook, I don't see the point in buying a netbook when I doesn't do anything better then a laptop it's slower has less memory I mean what's it purpose. Besides being small it's not even convenient, because it's not on par capability wise to a laptop at all. But anyway back on topic.

I'm sure most on here will keep there blackberries now weather they do the whole dumb phone plus a ipad well that's on them. I personally will have one because I have an iPhone ac so this will be the perfect median

02-07-10 11:44 AM
    well I do have a valid reason why I don't like BIS on a blackberry for email reasons, and why I don't like the netbook, I don't see the point in buying a netbook when I doesn't do anything better then a laptop it's slower has less memory I mean what's it purpose. Besides being small it's not even convenient, because it's not on par capability wise to a laptop at all. But anyway back on topic.

I'm sure most on here will keep there blackberries now weather they do the whole dumb phone plus a ipad well that's on them. I personally will have one because I have an iPhone ac so this will be the perfect median

Exactly, its perfect for you. And I understand your netbook hatred lol, but it could be perfect for the guy with two kids who need portable computers. I love RIM and its products but only have one BB. But have an iPod Nanos and Chromatics, an iPod Touch, and iTunes lol, in my house. Apple does pretty much run the consumer market. But as for the iPad, naa, its useless to me. But for the person without even an iPod or a phone, its quite a bargain.

Everyone needs to respect other people's opinoons.

02-07-10 12:03 PM
    This is a strange argument from my standpoint.

Why get a netbook as it has lower specs than a notebook? So why get an iPad when it has lower specs than a netbook?

And the new ones are not as underpowered as you think. I recently got my hands on the new Asus netbook and boy is it zippy! It can support up to 8GB of RAM and a nice big hard drive. Nothing lagged on it and it costs as much as the top end iPads.

So from a spec perspective the Asus netbook blows the iPad out of the water.

Not to mention you can actually have a full browsing experience on it with Flash, etc. Unfortunately Apple will not be supporting Flash in any of its devices, probably not ever from the news I've been seeing.
    02-07-10 02:07 PM
    This is a strange argument from my standpoint.

Why get a netbook as it has lower specs than a notebook? So why get an iPad when it has lower specs than a netbook?

And the new ones are not as underpowered as you think. I recently got my hands on the new Asus netbook and boy is it zippy! It can support up to 8GB of RAM and a nice big hard drive. Nothing lagged on it and it costs as much as the top end iPads.

So from a spec perspective the Asus netbook blows the iPad out of the water.

Not to mention you can actually have a full browsing experience on it with Flash, etc. Unfortunately Apple will not be supporting Flash in any of its devices, probably not ever from the news I've been seeing.
    I have an iMac If you have a desktop like I do well an iMac and an iPhone what would be the point in a netbook anywork I need to do while traveling can be done on my iPhone with docs to go wordpress and that's about all I need, also the ipad will make it easier for me to do this. Also with all of the productivity apps I use ablarger keypad and better screen will just make the experience that much more amazing, and the ipad is crazy fast and with 10 hr of battery life I will be set for my flights to Germany which are 9 dreadfully long hours a netbooks battery life won't last through that flight.

Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-07-10 at 02:27 PM.
    02-07-10 02:22 PM
    I have an iMac If you have a desktop like I do well an iMac and an iPhone what would be the point in a netbook anywork I need to do while traveling can be done on my iPhone with docs to go wordpress and that's about all I need, also the ipad will make it easier for me to do this. Also with all of the productivity apps I use ablarger keypad and better screen will just make the experience that much more amazing, and the ipad is crazy fast and with 10 hr of battery life I will be set for my flights to Germany which are 9 dreadfully long hours a netbooks battery life won't last through that flight.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but the international flights I take have power outlets in the seat. And I'm not talking first class either, I wish!
    02-07-10 03:45 PM
    Maybe I'm spoiled, but the international flights I take have power outlets in the seat. And I'm not talking first class either, I wish!
    Mine do as well lol but it's way more convenient to pull out my ipad and no have to worry about making people around me uncomfortable and me with an annoying cord and a slow netbook. Whn I can have a visually appealing and fun ipad and, and do a bit of advertising for apple seeing as I'm a stock holder an that's good for my pockets as well lol.

02-07-10 03:49 PM
    Mine do as well lol but it's way more convenient to pull out my ipad and no have to worry about making people around me uncomfortable and me with an annoying cord and a slow netbook. Whn I can have a visually appealing and fun ipad and, and do a bit of advertising for apple seeing as I'm a stock holder an that's good for my pockets as well lol.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by making people uncomfortable. And I still dispute the point about speed, the netbook I was using very zippy, I could browse the web with Office open in the background and even play a DVD. I was impressed actually, it's the first decent netbook I've ever used.

And I know the iPad is fast, but it has limited capabilities. But I'm what you call a power user so my needs are generally greater than what any mobile device and give so take my viewpoint with a grain of salt.
    02-07-10 08:23 PM
    Sorry, not sure what you mean by making people uncomfortable. And I still dispute the point about speed, the netbook I was using very zippy, I could browse the web with Office open in the background and even play a DVD. I was impressed actually, it's the first decent netbook I've ever used.

And I know the iPad is fast, but it has limited capabilities. But I'm what you call a power user so my needs are generally greater than what any mobile device and give so take my viewpoint with a grain of salt.
    Well explain something to me what do you do on your netbook that you won't be able to do on an ipad.

02-07-10 08:33 PM
    Well explain something to me what do you do on your netbook that you won't be able to do on an ipad.

Proper web browsing (Flash for games and other websites I need), some development tools I use when I'm bored and want to do a little work, backing up my BB periodically as I travel and a bunch of other stuff that can't be done on most portable devices unless they support a proper OS.
    02-07-10 08:45 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD