i know some folks here are extremely tolerant of RIM and are willing to wait till kingdom come for something that works well and isn't half baked.

but seriously, can you still bear to watch ios5 and a revamped ipad 3 go by while pb struggles with OS2 a year after release date? Samsung is reportedly releasing a retina display tablet during the same period as well. i know for sure that if i were an average consumer looking for a tablet after February, the pb will not be one of my considerations.

i fear for the future of my pb.
    12-24-11 12:03 AM
    not to mention asus transformer's windows 8 tablet.
    12-24-11 12:07 AM
    Then sell your PlayBook and get one of those devices. It is quite simple really...
    12-24-11 12:15 AM
    Then sell your PlayBook and get one of those devices. It is quite simple really...
    you are absolutely correct. just that i missed the boat and i do not have as much spare funds as you do to make up for the difference to buy another tablet.
    12-24-11 12:17 AM
    I have said it before and I will say it again. With the bridge I got free mobile tablet internet. If ya wanna be a sucker and pay a fee for tethering or pay for 3g on your ipad or samsung go right ahead.

Even without 2.0 this thing is fine as long as ya got a blackberry.

My only gripes on the playbook have been no you version app, no netflix app, no monopoly app, and no angry birds. The last two were just fixed.
    12-24-11 12:17 AM
    you are absolutely correct. just that i missed the boat and i do not have as much spare funds as you do to make up for the difference to buy another tablet.
    Then spend more time earning the funds you need for what you want and less time posting on a forum seeking sympathy. Everything you named as a concern is not yet released or announced and would be part of the next generation...you purchased the last generation...something better is released each year.
    Last edited by D_March; 12-24-11 at 12:25 AM.
    12-24-11 12:21 AM
    Then spend more time earning the funds you need for what you want and less time posting on a forum seeking sympathy.
    U mad?

10char
    12-24-11 12:25 AM
    I don't get RIM at all. All that's happening with other tablets, devices, etc...and they can't get it together to come out with BB10 for another year? And we're still waiting on a native email/cal client for the Playbook?!? CRAZY....
    12-24-11 12:31 AM
    Is a tablet really that necessary? Speaking from personal experience here I only buy these gadgets because I'm a nut.

Anyway, those devices you mentioned haven't been released yet and it gives you some time. Also, those devices are long into multiple generations whereas the PlayBook was RIM's first attempt at a tablet which competed very well hardware wise against their competitors current line up. If they remain commited to the tablets space as they have said on multiple occasions then I'm sure they will release a device of similar or better specs in the future.
    12-24-11 12:32 AM
    I just purchased 2 playbooks, 1 for myself and 1 for my daughter and neither of us own a Blackberry phone and we still enjoy the ** out of these. Heaven forbid even if for whatever reason 2.0 gets pushed back again (I know I know, bite my tongue) Apple can go to as I will still be enjoying my playbook.
    12-24-11 12:33 AM
    I have said it before and I will say it again. With the bridge I got free mobile tablet internet. If ya wanna be a sucker and pay a fee for tethering or pay for 3g on your ipad or samsung go right ahead.

Even without 2.0 this thing is fine as long as ya got a blackberry.

My only gripes on the playbook have been no you version app, no netflix app, no monopoly app, and no angry birds. The last two were just fixed.
    I'm not sure about android but I know someone who regularly broadcasts his data plan from his iphone via wifi for his ipad with no heavy repercussions on battery usage. Same cost saving strategy as you mentioned, completely different browsing speeds.

We should be questioning the inability of os7 devices to do the same legitly instead of glorifying the bluetooth based bridge.
    12-24-11 12:38 AM
    I just purchased 2 playbooks, 1 for myself and 1 for my daughter and neither of us own a Blackberry phone and we still enjoy the ** out of these. Heaven forbid even if for whatever reason 2.0 gets pushed back again (I know I know, bite my tongue) Apple can go to as I will still be enjoying my playbook.
    This is the way I see it but should RIM release a second generation PlayBook then it would have to at least have comparable specs. In fact RIM would do well to actually rename their next tablet because of the stigma attached to their current one.
    12-24-11 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD