Does this even work? I have my phone connected to my laptop, but when I opened up Blackberry Manager "IP Modem," is greyed out. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-01-10 04:02 PM
    do you pay for a tether plan with your carrier ?
    04-01-10 04:33 PM
    oh i don't think t-mobile has tethering anymore... i could be wrong though i know it use to be free on t-mobile...try out this...Tether BlackBerry | BlackBerry Modem | Tether or you can get it in blackberry appworld search for tether.
    04-01-10 04:35 PM
    I tether my BB9700 via BT and USB on a WinXP netbook without a problem or additional software. When I use BT I don't even need DM as Windows does this by itself. For USB, I have to use DM but that's not ever an issue. BTW, if you are on AT&T that IP Modem option will be grayed out or missing. But I don't even use that to connect.

Don

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 05:23 PM
    Well when I connect my phone with a usb cable I can use it as a modem through the software, I just don't understand why this way wouldn't work. I've talked to T-mobile, they said that there are no additional charges for tethering.
    04-01-10 07:36 PM
    I'm on T-Mo with a 9700,...and I've been tethering via BT from day 1. Plus,...like DaBest 12 stated,...T-Mo does not charge extra to tether any of their smartphones.

Wait,..there's more! I currently have an Unlimited T-Text-Web (UTTW) plan with T-Mo for $99,...but I now want the 9800,...as I spent an hour with it at the AT&T Store,...and I must say that the time was well spent,...as I was able to really fly through the UI with the 9800's touch screen. In fact,...I was using the touch screen 98% of the time. A surprise to me. The only problem is none of AT&T's plan can match T-Mo's $99 UTTW plan. Plus,..if and when T-Mo gets the 9800,...I'd have to wait a year to get the free upgrade or pay full cost for 9800! Not!!
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 12-15-10 at 04:18 PM.
    12-15-10 04:16 PM
    I have been using the 9800 for over 2 years now. It is a OS version 6.0 phone. My girlfriend has the 9810, which is running 0S 7.1. When we are out and about she turns her phone into a WiFi Hotspot. The 9810 has more features. Just saying.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-18-12 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD