Go!

Just list direct comparisons between the above.. the good, the bad, the ugly, doesn't have to be direct comparisons

Check Out TechCraze
    06-10-14 11:17 AM
    Why don't you start?
    06-10-14 11:23 AM
    Okay, Quick settings vs. Control centre.. in BlackBerry you can customise, and it's not available from the lock screen, ios you can't customise and people can do funny things from lockscreen

Check Out TechCraze
    06-10-14 11:25 AM
    10.2 Doesn't make my wife's old iPhone 4s Freeze. . . iOS7 did lol
    06-10-14 01:23 PM
    Okay, Quick settings vs. Control centre.. in BlackBerry you can customise, and it's not available from the lock screen, ios you can't customise and people can do funny things from lockscreen

Check Out TechCraze
    You can disable it from opening on the lock screen. The only person who use my device is me.

BlackBerry 10 really messed up my Google contact sync and some of my inbox. iOS syncs perfectly and doesn't duplicate contacts for no reason.

BlackBerry 10 also force closes apps on my Z10 when I try to open more than 8. iOS doesn't and just suspends them if needed so I can return right where I left off to continue what I was doing.
    06-10-14 01:42 PM
    You can disable it from opening on the lock screen. The only person who use my device is me.

BlackBerry 10 really messed up my Google contact sync and some of my inbox. iOS syncs perfectly and doesn't duplicate contacts for no reason.

BlackBerry 10 also force closes apps on my Z10 when I try to open more than 8. iOS doesn't and just suspends them if needed so I can return right where I left off to continue what I was doing.
    Since this thread is already off track..

Yes you can disable it but the general individual will never bother to because it defeats the purpose,

That's great ios meant I had to choose between music and apps on my device, couldn't have both, ios has also had plenty of bugs so can't really use outliers as comparison..

BlackBerry 10 doesn't 'force you' to close them, they're called active frames, apps running in the background are unlimited and subject to review on BlackBerry whereas on ios any and all apps can be running in the background eating data and battery unnecessarily, and you can't even rearrange the position..

This isnt to raise an argument about ios vs BlackBerry 10, this is to have short sweet comparisons, like customise able quick settings vs non customisable.. pass code lock vs picture password

Check Out TechCraze
    06-10-14 02:04 PM
    Since this thread is already off track..

Yes you can disable it but the general individual will never bother to because it defeats the purpose,

That's great ios meant I had to choose between music and apps on my device, couldn't have both, ios has also had plenty of bugs so can't really use outliers as comparison..

BlackBerry 10 doesn't 'force you' to close them, they're called active frames, apps running in the background are unlimited and subject to review on BlackBerry whereas on ios any and all apps can be running in the background eating data and battery unnecessarily, and you can't even rearrange the position..

This isnt to raise an argument about ios vs BlackBerry 10, this is to have short sweet comparisons, like customise able quick settings vs non customisable.. pass code lock vs picture password

Check Out TechCraze
    I don't have mine disabled and nothing bad happens.

It does force you. When I have 8 frames up and try to open another app, one frame closes. When I got to reopen the app that was closed, it's not right where I left off because it was force closed.

I have 18gb of music on my iPhone and plenty of apps and 100+ pictures. I have 4.9gb of space left. Works great for me.

Your OP was about the "the good, the bad and the ugly". I listed some things I have a problem with in BB10, and compared to what it's like for me on iOS. I have problems with iOS too. I want more customization across the OS, better use of widgets, and more use for Touch ID.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-14 02:15 PM
    I don't have mine disabled and nothing bad happens.

It does force you. When I have 8 frames up and try to open another app, one frame closes. When I got to reopen the app that was closed, it's not right where I left off because it was force closed.

I have 18gb of music on my iPhone and plenty of apps and 100+ pictures. I have 4.9gb of space left. Works great for me.

Your OP was about the "the good, the bad and the ugly". I listed some things I have a problem with in BB10. I have problems with iOS too. I want more customization across the OS, better use of widgets, and more use for Touch ID.
    It's not about 'anything bad' happening it's about someone changing a setting or altering something without your knowledge..

Well you were willing to pay $$$$ for a bigger than 16gb version, I would say I would be forced to buy the bigger capacity version if I didn't have a BlackBerry..

This isn't about wish listing, this is about comparing current capabilities directly as opposed to bugs or personal annoyances, more about how the OS's do what they do than what they can't do..

Ios has widgets? More functionality is coming to active frames in 10.3.. sounds like they would suit you better..as for touch ID, picture password is more secure and doesn't need your password.
    I have previously been able to guess someone's iPhone code and add my fingerprint to the ones that can unlock the phone..

Check Out TechCraze
    06-10-14 02:24 PM
    It's not about 'anything bad' happening it's about someone changing a setting or altering something without your knowledge..
    I don't let other people use my phone. I don't have that problem.

Well you were willing to pay $$$$ for a bigger than 16gb version, I would say I would be forced to buy the bigger capacity version if I didn't have a BlackBerry..
    I was forced to buy a MicroSD card for my Z10 if I wanted to keep the same amount of music and even think about having photos and video.

Ios has widgets? More functionality is coming to active frames in 10.3.. sounds like they would suit you better..
    Yes, iOS has had widgets, just only a few. iOS 8 is expanding upon that. Active frames don't suit me better because they can't be pinned, and they close if you try to open more than 8. Widgets don't close. They are always up and running.

as for touch ID, picture password is more secure and doesn't need your password.
    Picture password is more secure than my fingerprint? Yea, ok. The thief would need to get my fingerprint in order to even make an attempt at using TouchID, and then they would need equipment to even do it. One would need to be a highly sophisticated thief to make an attempt. There was an article on how it was done. It is a ridiculous process.

I have previously been able to guess someone's iPhone code and add my fingerprint to the ones that can unlock the phone..
    I'd like to see you try to guess my 10+ number, symbol and letter (case sensitive) combination. It wont happen.

Sounds like the person you did this too has no clue how to set up a proper password. No device can save stupid.
    06-10-14 04:38 PM
    Stick to your iPhone.

I was forced to buy a MicroSD card for my Z10 if I wanted to keep the same amount of music and even think about having photos and video.

Yes, iOS has had widgets, just only a few. iOS 8 is expanding upon that. Active frames don't suit me better because they can't be pinned, and they close if you try to open more than 8. Widgets don't close. They are always up and running.

Picture password is more secure than my fingerprint? Yea, ok. The thief would need to get my fingerprint in order to even make an attempt at using TouchID, and then they would need equipment to even do it. One would need to be a highly sophisticated thief to make an attempt. There was an article on how it was done. It is a ridiculous process.

I'd like to see you try to guess my 10+ number, symbol and letter (case sensitive) combination. It wont happen.

Sounds like the person you did this too has no clue how to set up a proper password. No device can save stupid.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 04:51 PM

1) Good for you, other people always exchange their device with others, at least BlackBerry recognises this fact and protects against it

2) and how much cheaper was that than the extra price you paid for 32gb vs 16gb iPhone? Don't even know how you can compare the two.. http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...d_iphone_.html
    Hmm 100$ vs at most maybe $25 for the sd card.. right your logic is undeniable
    Ios7 vs 10.2-img_20140610_225407.png

3) loool is that what you call a widget?? Yeah I don't think you know what widgets are.. running apps in the background isn't a widget, the notification center.. well that's barely a widget and can't compare to active frames especially in 10.3 where they are rearrangable, potentially sticky and could you tell me the 9 things you want to be running and active constantly? Because I barely even fill up four, and again you've failed to read anything I've said regarding battery and would you rather have more active frames or have your phone run smoothly with the current active frames, even apple don't recommend continually running Xxxxxx apps in the background as it KILLS battery

4/5 again this is unique to you, I have yet to see anyone in real life that uses anything more than simple pass code lock for their iPhone and that is what I was comparing, the majority not the security crazed, with BlackBerry you don't have to be security crazed to be protected.. and lool. Again, my friends been asleep and I've just moved his fingers onto the phone? What now? 'you're a light sleeper' great, my apple friends are still trying to figure out my picture password no matter how many times I unlock it in front of them..

Yup, blame the individual, would work, if they weren't representative of the general consumer..

Anyway. People choose what they choose, I'm happy, you're happy let's leave it there

Check Out TechCraze
    06-10-14 05:03 PM
    Stick to your iPhone.
    I like both platforms, but thanks for your opinion.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-14 05:05 PM
    1) Good for you, other people always exchange their device with others, at least BlackBerry recognises this fact and protects against it
    Other people always exchange their devices? Really? What are you in High School?

2) and how much cheaper was that than the extra price you paid for 32gb vs 16gb iPhone? Don't even know how you can compare the two.. Apple profit margins: You�€™re paying way, way too much to get a little more space on your iPad and iPhone.
    Hmm 100$ vs at most maybe $25 for the sd card.. right your logic is undeniable
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140610_225407.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	277456
    Oh insult my "logic" when I never said anything about pricing or which one was more expensive. All I said was that I was forced to buy a MicroSD card. Try no to read into something that isn't there.

3) loool is that what you call a widget?? Yeah I don't think you know what widgets are.. running apps in the background isn't a widget, the notification center.. well that's barely a widget and can't compare to active frames especially in 10.3 where they are rearrangable, potentially sticky and could you tell me the 9 things you want to be running and active constantly? Because I barely even fill up four, and again you've failed to read anything I've said regarding battery and would you rather have more active frames or have your phone run smoothly with the current active frames, even apple don't recommend continually running Xxxxxx apps in the background as it KILLS battery
    You don't think I know what widgets are? I said iOS has widgets, not good ones, they have them. I have a Galaxy Nexus and have been using Android since 2.0. You can bet your *** I know what a widget is and they ARE running in the background at all times, or you can have them refresh at certain intervals.

This is iOS 7 vs 10.2, no? 10.3 isn't being discussed. I'd rather decide what I want, and not what BlackBerry or Apple thinks I should want, which is why Android widgets are superior to both. My Galaxy Nexus gets better battery life that my Z10 and has 6+ widgets refreshing instantly or at 15min intervals. The device runs smoothly.

iOS and Android don't require 2GB of RAM to run smoothly, only BB10. I usually only have 6 things open at once (BB10), but there are times when 8 were open. I'd rather have the ability to either keep it open or suspend the app to continue where I left off when I need to. I haven't closed an app since getting the 5S on launch day. It's just nice not having to worry about memory.

4/5 again this is unique to you, I have yet to see anyone in real life that uses anything more than simple pass code lock for their iPhone and that is what I was comparing, the majority not the security crazed, with BlackBerry you don't have to be security crazed to be protected.. and lool. Again, my friends been asleep and I've just moved his fingers onto the phone? What now? 'you're a light sleeper' great, my apple friends are still trying to figure out my picture password no matter how many times I unlock it in front of them..
    What is this some fingerprint stealing orgy you are attending or something? You will NEVER touch my phone, or get ME to touch it in my sleep unless you drug me. When I fall asleep at a friends house, my phone is usually still in my pocket or in a bag. Going through my things is not something a friend does.

Yup, blame the individual, would work, if they weren't representative of the general consumer..
    And the general consumer can use the pin code for BB too, so who cares? If ANYONE chooses that method they can get screwed no matter what OS.

Anyway. People choose what they choose, I'm happy, you're happy let's leave it there
    I am happy with both platforms. I pre-ordered my Z10 and have had it since release. BB10 is great and is getting better. I like all the operating systems as they are all different and having things the others don't.

I'm happy that you're happy.
    06-10-14 05:24 PM
    Go!

Just list direct comparisons between the above.. the good, the bad, the ugly, doesn't have to be direct comparisons

Check Out TechCraze
    Why do you keep starting these flame bait threads?
    06-10-14 05:28 PM
    Everyone knows blackberry sucks!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 05:57 PM