I have to say, the iOS5 actually competes with Blackberry's OS and is somewhat enticing.

I am a hardcore blackberry fanboy; however, now that Apple has a competitive OS, the only thing holding be back is the form factor.

Any one else have any thoughts?
    10-04-11 08:49 PM
    Same thing, iphones are cool but I like BlackBerry features, security, and form factor better. If BlackBerry didn't exist I'd probably go iphone over android or windows but I prefer BlackBerry over everything else. Currently on a 9810 waiting for 9900 on AT&T. Really liking the 9810 and might just stay with it regardless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 08:51 PM
    I was all about the new iPhone 4S, until I realized it wasn't LTE and I was disappointed.
    I guess my only option left is to look at Android, yay.
    10-04-11 08:54 PM
    I love 9700/6.0.0.526. The thing I wish I had was a bigger screen. I've tried the 9800 and it was the form factor I disliked.

I don't think there is a form factor that will suit my desires - and I am okay with that.

I just know the features in the new iOS5 are really nice and is the ONLY thing that has made me think twice about leaving Blackberry.

10-04-11 08:59 PM
    I will have to say, from an Apple point of view, I can see how this is a big disapointment for them.

10-04-11 09:02 PM
    After having watched the clips of the new features this evening, I do hope someone sues Forstall directly for using terms like "revolutionary," "never before," and "brand new (to iOS) " and how he kept a straight face, I'll never know, but I do think he deserves an Oscar. I can't believe they have the nerve to sue others day and night, when several of their "new" features are DIRECTLY taken from competitors

StaticFX likes this.
    10-04-11 10:39 PM
    iOS 5 is an obvious attempt to attract BB users to iPhone. The new features are nice, BBOS is still nicer for doing complex things, having the menu button with available options being the biggie.

10-05-11 05:41 AM
    Apple still has limited file format support for both music and video compared to Blackberry. Again, same Apple song of implementing features available on other platforms for quite some time now and selling them as gold-plated poo. If you really want to use your iPhauxne to its maximum, you'll have to jailbreak it. And even then, you're looking at a device future locked into buying the apple ecosystem. If it works for you, great, but my feeling is Apple is anti me.
    10-05-11 08:47 AM
    After having watched the clips of the new features this evening, I do hope someone sues Forstall directly for using terms like "revolutionary," "never before," and "brand new (to iOS) " and how he kept a straight face, I'll never know, but I do think he deserves an Oscar. I can't believe they have the nerve to sue others day and night, when several of their "new" features are DIRECTLY taken from competitors

LOL... he should be adding "to iOS" to every statement... yeah. apple pinched most of the new features from other phone makers.

iOS 5 is an obvious attempt to attract BB users to iPhone. The new features are nice, BBOS is still nicer for doing complex things, having the menu button with available options being the biggie.

LOL so true! on my iPod touch i keep trying to open a menu by hitting the home button...
    10-05-11 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD