While reading iMore ( because I have an iPhone also ) I came across this article on what features users wanted to see in the next version of IOS.
    This post isn't a us against them it just shows the majority of what IOS users want BB10 already has.

What are the top 5 new features YOU want to see in iOS 8? | iMore
    03-20-14 12:12 AM
    Haha. Got to appreciate BB10. I'm actually happy I chose the right device.

Powered by my BlackBerry (Z10). Join my #BBM Channels C001227CF, C00476C37, C003829C9, C002454C9,C002190AC, C00120CE3
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-20-14 03:26 AM
    And many here want things that the iPhone has.

Every device had its strong features.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 04:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Actually I don't think a lot of BB 10 users want alot of iPhone features. Maybe one or two. Definitely we like to see BlackBerry World with a lot more apps like iTunes or at least just the top ones hehe.

Posted via CB10 with my ? Z30
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    03-20-14 05:06 AM
    Misleading thread title. There are some cool features in os10, however I wouldn't say iOS users crave bb10.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    MERCDROID and Peter too tall like this.
    03-20-14 05:24 AM
    Green grass on the other hill symptoms.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:27 AM
    No. On the home page the top 25 things Crackberry users want in BB10 many if them are features that iOS already has. A few of them are:

- unlimited # of icons in folders
    - Better voice Control
    - Wireless Printing
    - Lockscreen control of music

So I guess since iOS has these features then BB10 users crave iOS.

Every platform has their plusses and minuses, and wants some of what the other platform has. It doesn't mean that they crave the actual OS, just maybe some features of each OS.

If you want to play it that way then I guess BB10 users really want an Android phone because they download Android apps and want Google Services.
    kbz1960, morales0416 and MERCDROID like this.
    03-20-14 05:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Really? Like what? Home button?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:50 AM
    Really? Like what? Home button?

Posted via CB10
    See above, and I guess yes since BB is bringing back the tool belt.
    03-20-14 05:58 AM
    While reading iMore ( because I have an iPhone also ) I came across this article on what features users wanted to see in the next version of IOS.
    This post isn't a us against them it just shows the majority of what IOS users want BB10 already has.

What are the top 5 new features YOU want to see in iOS 8? | iMore
    If BlackBerry had a marketing strategy they could pounce on this desire of Apple iPhone users much as the Mac versus PC advertisements. Alas no marketing strategy, no way to capitalise. Chen step-up and exploit this opportunity.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    03-20-14 06:06 AM
    Another stupid decision by BlackBerry management.

03-20-14 06:09 AM

Agreed.
    03-20-14 06:10 AM
    The tool belt on a QWERTY phone hasn't anything to do with a homebutton on a full touch device. The tool belt actually brings real benefits to the table, whereas a homebutton is just redundant (safe TouchID). The only arguments anti-toolbelt-warriors bring to the table are

- "it sends the wrong message"
    - "it makes the device look dated"
    - "less screen real estate"

People, get back to me when there's evidence that people who still prefer QWERTY devices care about dated looks, gesture-bling-bling and a quarter of an inch more screen height at all.

The QWERTY market isn't BlackBerrys issue and it isn't the market where BlackBerry needs to change customers perception. The QWERTY market doesn't aim at tech-savvy BlackBerry diehards like the ones you find on CrackBerry only.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-20-14 06:58 AM
    The tool belt on a QWERTY phone hasn't anything to do with a homebutton on a full touch device. The tool belt actually brings real benefits to the table, whereas a homebutton is just redundant (safe TouchID). The only arguments anti-toolbelt-warriors bring to the table are

- "it sends the wrong message"
    - "it makes the device look dated"
    - "less screen real estate"

People, get back to me when there's evidence that people who still prefer QWERTY devices care about dated looks, gesture-bling-bling and a quarter of an inch more screen height at all.

The QWERTY market isn't BlackBerrys issue and it isn't the market where BlackBerry needs to change customers perception. The QWERTY market doesn't aim at tech-savvy BlackBerry diehards like the ones you find on CrackBerry only.
    That's besides the point. The tool belt adds a a home button back to qwerty phones.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-14 07:08 AM
    The tool belt on a QWERTY phone hasn't anything to do with a homebutton on a full touch device. The tool belt actually brings real benefits to the table, whereas a homebutton is just redundant (safe TouchID).
    If you're going to argue that the iOS home button is redundant, you probably should avoid pointing out the one thing the home button does (scanner) that currently can't be done anywhere else on the device.
    03-20-14 07:12 AM
    No. On the home page the top 25 things Crackberry users want in BB10 many if them are features that iOS already has. A few of them are:

- Better voice Control
    - Wireless Printing

So I guess since iOS has these features then BB10 users crave iOS.

Every platform has their plusses and minuses, and wants some of what the other platform has. It doesn't mean that they crave the actual OS, just maybe some features of each OS.

If you want to play it that way then I guess BB10 users really want an Android phone because they download Android apps and want Google Services.
    yes, this would be nice, although apple added this recently.

- Better voice Control
    like siri? this isnt voice control. my voice dictation works great in sms, bbm, set alarm, etc...

- Wireless Printing
    apps that can do this, even in SNAP

BB10 has control of pause, play, prev, next, in locked screen.

Yep!

If you want to play it that way then I guess BB10 users really want an Android phone because they download Android apps and want Google Services
    C'mon now... you just narrowed android down to google services and apps.
    CerveloJohn and kbz1960 like this.
    03-20-14 07:21 AM
    If you're going to argue that the iOS home button is redundant, you probably should avoid pointing out the one thing the home button does (scanner) that currently can't be done anywhere else on the device.
    Someone writes IOS, and... BANG! Here it goes...!
    theRock1975 likes this.
    03-20-14 07:24 AM

I'm not sure this is "stupid"
    BlackBerry's major market, enterprises; are still on and/or buying classic OS phones.
    lets face it, 100% gestures have a pretty steep learning curve. the majority that try a bb10 device in the store now, have NO idea how to navigate it, so they put the phone back.
    and I too think that the 'belt' is only coming to qwerty devices, not all touch devices.
    03-20-14 07:26 AM
    Someone writes IOS, and... BANG! Here it goes...!
    So stop writing it and the problem will disappear. In all seriousness, when someone uses the term "redundant", and then cites a counterexample at the same time, you can bet I'll comment. Similarly, if I were to write "save the fact that they stop your car, brakes are redundant," that would be a silly thing to write, and I'd expect someone to object.
    03-20-14 07:32 AM
    .... not arguing. Just mentioning that when ios is written in cb... the thing starts. Life�s to short for that. For me at least. (And i am sorry for my bad English)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-14 07:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, if that was the case we all would gone to apple by now.... we are still on BlackBerry .

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-20-14 07:44 AM
    Interesting

Couple things to note. Many iOS users want to be able to delete prior in their messages....I had no idea this could NOT be done (learn something new every day) . Lots of people like actionable notifications and want that (can't blame them) and many want a better keyboard (still stunned at how pizz poor iOS keyboard is). Dark theme seems to be the running theme there as well. Something J would like to see on BB10 across the board also

One thing I noticed not asked for very much is a hub like unified inbox. When I show the hub concept to iPhone users they think it is flat out perfect. The one feature on my device I absolutely love and can't imagine living without is the hub, surprised more iOS users don't note that. Also surprised more people don't want a better text selection option for iOS.

Maybe I just need to keep reading the comments.... I am actually learning a lot about iOS based on what it's missing. puts some serious perspective about the belly aching here about BB10 when you consider so much being asked for is already on this OS.

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-20-14 07:45 AM

It is obvious that some BlackBerry users want it. It's called CHOICE. I don't want it or need it, but why would I look down on someone who does?
    MERCDROID, kbz1960 and AcADIeN like this.
    03-20-14 07:51 AM
    yes, this would be nice, although apple added this recently.

- Better voice Control
    like siri? this isnt voice control. my voice dictation works great in sms, bbm, set alarm, etc...

- Wireless Printing
    apps that can do this, even in SNAP

BB10 has control of pause, play, prev, next, in locked screen.

Yep!

If you want to play it that way then I guess BB10 users really want an Android phone because they download Android apps and want Google Services
    C'mon now... you just narrowed android down to google services and apps.
    Like it or not Siri is better voice control than BB10 has. iOS has dictation as well but Siri now is majorly improved in iOS 7.1 and is much better than what BB10
    Offers.

Yes you are right about lockscreen control. I quit listening to music on my Z30 because the Bluetooth started music randomly every time I connected it but yes you are correct there.

Wireless printing is a work around in BB10. It isn't natively built in like it is in iOS or Android. You could say any platform can do everything if they have the right work around.

To your final point if someone says "I'd like to have attachments built in to iOS", does that mean they are craving BB10? My point with my last statement is that the OP is narrowing down 1 or 2 features of an OS that people might want and because they want it they are automatically craving BB10?

As a BB10 user I want a better camera, a better App Store, a better way to manage music and photos. Does that mean I want iOS or crave it? No, it just means that there are some things that iOS could use that BB10 has and vice versa.
    MERCDROID, kbz1960, Rello and 2 others like this.
    03-20-14 07:55 AM
    I'm not sure this is "stupid"
    BlackBerry's major market, enterprises; are still on and/or buying classic OS phones.
    lets face it, 100% gestures have a pretty steep learning curve. the majority that try a bb10 device in the store now, have NO idea how to navigate it, so they put the phone back.
    and I too think that the 'belt' is only coming to qwerty devices, not all touch devices.
    There's a category for those who want the trackpad. It's called "the classics". BlackBerry will still develop "high-end" phones without the trackpad.