BlackBerry is very small operation compared to Apple. Also iOS8 is not a major software change whereas 10.3 is. There is a lot that has changed that App developers need time to get ready and the OS itself needs to be tested and ready for final release. They seem to be on time for this release too. Apple rushed their latest update and screwed up a whole lot of their customers phones. They have the capacity to replace devices or fix this error very quickly. Can you imagine how long it would take people to get a BB replacement, or a software update through carriers if they did mess it up that bad? Patience is needed here. It will come and it will come when it's good and ready.
    09-30-14 10:16 PM
    Yes I owned some of them...

BBOS will NEVER compete with BB10. Show me how BBOS handles flash? It's not like iPhone that won't handle flash because of a decision to not offer it because it can support it. BBOS was never designed with full media intent. Blackberry were pushing the very limits it can handle.

What you are comparing is the feature list of the OS and not the limitations of the OS itself. There's your confusion. BBOS of course will have more features at it's death vs. BB10 at it's birth.
    Bb10 was officially "born" almost 2 years ago, that is of course if we forget about the playbook (like bb wishes we would). Everyone here said give it time to mature. How much time is that? Things have gotten much better with 10.1, 10.2, and the leaks of 10.3.

Serious question, if 10.3/10.3.1 are such a major upgrade why are they just a .x release? In the consumer's eyes, .x releases are for bug fixes not major advances.

Not really sure what you're hang up is with flash, bb had a whole marketing campaign built around it and it failed miserably. I'd post the official commercial but it's too embarrassing to watch
    09-30-14 10:34 PM
    Except for the whole playbook thing huh? 10.0 was frigging awful. 10.2 and 10.3 are finally adding the stuff that was missing from bb7.
    Yeah cause the PlayBook os and bb10 were exactly the same os........ummm nope it wasnt!!!!!!! PlayBook os was the start and bb10 was designed with some.of it but different altogether.

10.0 was pretty good out of the box, compared to what apple started with.

I am glad 10.3 isn't rushing out lime ios8 with two quick patches to it, talk about screwing up!!!!!
    09-30-14 10:46 PM
    Bb10 was officially "born" almost 2 years ago, that is of course if we forget about the playbook (like bb wishes we would). Everyone here said give it time to mature. How much time is that? Things have gotten much better with 10.1, 10.2, and the leaks of 10.3.

Serious question, if 10.3/10.3.1 are such a major upgrade why are they just a .x release? In the consumer's eyes, .x releases are for bug fixes not major advances.

Not really sure what you're hang up is with flash, bb had a whole marketing campaign built around it and it failed miserably. I'd post the official commercial but it's too embarrassing to watch
    The reason I bring up flash is because BBos simply cant do it. It's just one of many rendering limitations of the OS. It doesn't matter what the name they gave the os today or what part of the name changed. That's a totally different subject and completely irrelevant to this. But since you brought it up, 10.3x or something within those lines would be the last of the name setup. I brought up conciliation names for the future of the os names. Hopefully they do something nice with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:51 PM
    Yeah cause the PlayBook os and bb10 were exactly the same os........ummm nope it wasnt!!!!!!! PlayBook os was the start and bb10 was designed with some.of it but different altogether.

10.0 was pretty good out of the box, compared to what apple started with.

I am glad 10.3 isn't rushing out lime ios8 with two quick patches to it, talk about screwing up!!!!!
    Bb10 and pbos are both built on the infallible qnx rtos. The original plan was to push the pbos as bb10, but you already know that right? 10.0 was a mess which has been slowly fixed.

If you think 10.0 was pretty good at the start you obviously didn't come from bbos7.
    09-30-14 11:00 PM
    Is IOS 8 really out??? What a disaster that OS is. My ipad Air is dragging since I loaded it and the update.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-30-14 11:03 PM
    Is IOS 8 really out??? What a disaster that OS is. My ipad Air is dragging since I loaded it and the update.

Just curious, which iPad ?
    09-30-14 11:07 PM
    Just curious, which iPad ?
    Air 32 gb, browsing is slow as molasses

09-30-14 11:10 PM
    I don't give a flying rat about ios grade 8. When is 10.3 hitting the streets (with the classic)?
    09-30-14 11:46 PM
    Except for the whole playbook thing huh? 10.0 was frigging awful. 10.2 and 10.3 are finally adding the stuff that was missing from bb7.
    First of all we know the os on the PlayBook wasn't the one that finally came out. So obviously something changed. My point stands.

For example compare the hub to the universal inbox kinda deal on the pb.

Also the whole interface was built on meego instead of the one on the PlayBook

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-01-14 01:48 AM

I'd rather see it or read it like that:

BB10 v 3.0 / BB10 v 3.1

That kinda makes it "full" versions...

Like Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6., 10.7... (all full versions)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-01-14 02:44 AM
    The problem with BB's OS model is the existing devices will always be a big step back from the new ones, that's a sure way to **** off existing customers. A newer version of the OS should never be an incentive to upgrade to new hardware.
    10-01-14 04:14 AM
    BlackBerry is very small operation compared to Apple. Also iOS8 is not a major software change whereas 10.3 is.
    10.3 is not a major software change.
    10-01-14 07:50 AM
    10.3 is not a major software change.
    More so than between iOS7 and iOS8 which is what I was comparing. There is quite a bit different under the hood of 10.3 and the UI has changed quite a lot. The updated android runtime alone is a big change. There is plenty different between 10.2.1 and 10.3. At this point in the game I don't see iOS making huge changes. IOS6 to iOS7 was a pretty big change and probably the last big UI boost for a couple more years.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:57 AM
    Actually iOS8 has way more changes to it than iOS7. iOS 7 was more of s cosmetic change that changed the look of the OS. iOS8 has a lot more features added to it than iOS7 did.
    10-01-14 03:13 PM
    More so than between iOS7 and iOS8 which is what I was comparing. There is quite a bit different under the hood of 10.3 and the UI has changed quite a lot. The updated android runtime alone is a big change. There is plenty different between 10.2.1 and 10.3. At this point in the game I don't see iOS making huge changes. IOS6 to iOS7 was a pretty big change and probably the last big UI boost for a couple more years.

Posted via CB10
    I see android L is now going towards the whole flat icon color looks, which is good. But it doesn't matter cause unlike iOS android let's you change whatever the hell you want

Q10 Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:54 PM
    Actually iOS8 has way more changes to it than iOS7. iOS 7 was more of s cosmetic change that changed the look of the OS. iOS8 has a lot more features added to it than iOS7 did.
    I'm not going to argue that first sentence. They added more features, but minor features. The UI changes going from 6 to 7 were not just icon changes but also OS navigation and layout changes. But I digress, my original point was that Apple has the sheer number of engineers and developers over BlackBerry to get OS changes and UI changes and features out the door faster than BlackBerry could currently dream.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:50 PM
    The problem with BB's OS model is the existing devices will always be a big step back from the new ones, that's a sure way to **** off existing customers. A newer version of the OS should never be an incentive to upgrade to new hardware.
    I dunno. It's logical...unless you are also arguing they should never improve their devices.

If they are going to pump specs at least put in functional reasons in the OS. Unfortunately that means some old hardware might not be able to utilize the new os to its potential.

My old Ios device is still stuck on ios6, which made it leggy beyond repair. I wasn't even eligible for 6.1. It sucked slightly but what sucked even more was I wasn't allowed to downgrade

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-02-14 06:04 PM
68 123