Hey everyone.

I'm trying to find/adjust a setting in my BB Calendar. My gf has an iPhone. When I create an appointment and add her as an attendee, it sends her an email where she is able to accept or deny the invitation before it adds it to her Calendar (I'm assuming iCal).

When she sets up an appointment and adds me as an attendee, I get a message sent to my BB inbox, and the invitation automatically gets added to my Calendar. This is kind off annoying because sometimes I already have an entry added and this creates duplicates. Or sometimes I don't want to add the calendar entry to my calendar at all. It's pretty intrusive.

Is there a setting I can change that allows me to accept or decline the invitation before it gets added to my BB Calendar??

Q4L
    07-23-12 12:24 AM
    On my bold 9900 I can reject or accept
    07-23-12 01:56 AM
    Hey everyone.

I'm trying to find/adjust a setting in my BB Calendar. My gf has an iPhone. When I create an appointment and add her as an attendee, it sends her an email where she is able to accept or deny the invitation before it adds it to her Calendar (I'm assuming iCal).

When she sets up an appointment and adds me as an attendee, I get a message sent to my BB inbox, and the invitation automatically gets added to my Calendar. This is kind off annoying because sometimes I already have an entry added and this creates duplicates. Or sometimes I don't want to add the calendar entry to my calendar at all. It's pretty intrusive.

Is there a setting I can change that allows me to accept or decline the invitation before it gets added to my BB Calendar??

Q4L
    I'm a little confused. does the inviter email include an attachment which, when opened, automatically adds an even to your calendar?

I find that slightly annoying myself. I'd like to be able to preview the event without adding it to my calendar.

But I end up just not opening the attachments.
    07-23-12 02:46 AM
    I'm a little confused. does the inviter email include an attachment which, when opened, automatically adds an even to your calendar?

I find that slightly annoying myself. I'd like to be able to preview the event without adding it to my calendar.

But I end up just not opening the attachments.
    @shobokshy: I'm on a 9900 as well.

@grahamf: The email itself seems to be invitation. In my inbox, the icon is two people side by side and has a title that says "You've been invited to 'blah blah blah'". It actually goes into my calendar without even opening the message!! Very, very annoying...

When I tried to send her an invitation through SMS she isn't able to open it. But when I add her an attendee when I'm setting up the appointment, she gets an email, as well as the ability to accept/decline the invitation.

Any other ideas??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-23-12 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD