Hi All,

I hope I have put this in the right place. I was thinking the other day, is there anywhere that developers can find investment to bring an app to market. I couldn't find any clear website for Android or ios so I wasn't surprised that I could find one for BlackBerry. Does anyone know of somewhere or would they be interested in helping me set up a forum/website for this?

There are websites out there that you can donate money to projects but I think it would be better if someone could invest an amount instantly or an amount on a monthly or weekly basis for a share in the application.

Anyone got any ideas or feedback?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Ghyss8888 likes this.
    01-12-15 01:32 PM
    Kickstarter might be the best place to do this on. It has a huge audience already. Of course you would want to also post a link here for your project as this is a BB specific crowd.
    01-12-15 02:52 PM
    Hi ummie4

I am aware of kickstarter but it is more of a donation.

I am actually looking to invest in someone who wants to develop an app but needs some cash to help.

Thanks

Dale
    01-14-15 01:27 PM
    Hi dalekirkwood,

Hang on brother. I am not a developer, but discussing an idea with a BB native developer. I may come up with some conclusion in a day or two.

Cheers.
    01-16-15 09:21 AM
    Any app would have to generate a very substantial revenue to cover the administration and legal costs of such a scheme. Nobody in their right mind will throw money into a seemingly bottomless black hole.
    01-16-15 10:00 AM
    You are saying that there is no money in making apps??

Z 30
    01-16-15 10:08 AM
    I think that something like $20,000 would get an individual part-time developer interested in a small app. Perhaps that would buy a 50% interest in the app. You have to ask yourself, however, why a developer with a good idea would need cash if he/she could simply do the development in their spare time and not bother with the partner. They could just work twice as hard or twice as long and keep your 50% of the profit (and control) for themselves.

If you have a project that needs a couple of full time developers then you are talking $100K or more for less than 6 months of development work.

Taking smaller contributions from more people probably wouldn't work because everyone who is willing to contribute will have their caveats: "It has to work on the Passport", "It has to work on the Classic", "I need it to sync with ____".
    01-16-15 10:09 AM
    You are saying that there is no money in making apps??

Z 30
    There is money in some apps. You need to be able to pick the right horse.

But my point was, if you are making an investment and not just a good faith based donation then you will need oversight to make sure that the investment is being used correctly and your return provided for. Ie. Contracts, lawyers, accountants etc. These all cost money, so the app has to have grand potential.
    01-16-15 11:18 AM
    Early2bed and baarn, there is thousands of great bedroom developers out there. I was one at 14 and lost interest when I couldn't find a good support network.

I have connection with marketing companies, sales companies and hundreds of small business owners. I also regularly attend business network meetings. Some developers lake the creativity to design apps, I have access to creative teams to develop ideas.

I can supply financial support as well as a whole network of customers and marketing help.

I have a plan for a multi-platform business application that I need developers to help with. I'm sure I will have no problem finding developers to work on shared ownership only.

Some apps aren't worth a mention but unique apps are few and far between....

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 12:17 PM
    I have a plan for a multi-platform business application that I need developers to help with. I'm sure I will have no problem finding developers to work on shared ownership only.
    There may be some hobbyist developers who are willing to work for shared ownership. As a developer, myself, I'd rather develop my own ideas and opt for full ownership. Someone would really have to be impressed by your idea.

Isn't that how Mark Zuckerberg got started? I guess he ultimately decided that his version of the project he was hired to develop was more worth his time and ownership.

Be sure to update this thread to let us know how this is going.
    01-23-15 01:14 PM
    Government has grants for this, in Canada at least.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 01:22 PM