I'll try not to sound like too much of a newbie with my first post.
    I've been lurking for awhile and ended up getting an 8330 at the end of last week.
    I love it, but very quickly realized I'm going to need a memory card. My question to you guys and gals is about memory cards.
    A quick search on amazon led me to a couple of 8mb cards for around $20.
    The two i'm trying to decide between are a Transcend 8mb class 6 card and a Sandisk 8mb class 2 card. Sandisks seem to be popular, but I have never heard of Transcend.
    Question
    1. When it comes to memory cards is it better to with the name brand or the faster class?
    09-14-08 08:25 PM
    Personally I would stick with SanDisk, Kingston or PNY.

I have heard of Transcend but have no experience with them.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-14-08 at 08:56 PM.
    09-14-08 08:51 PM
    I've heard of Transcend, I'm sure it's a decent card. Class 6 will give you 6 MB/s transfer rates as opposed to the Class 2's 2 MB/s.

I've never had a SD card break down on me, no matter the brand. Oh, and I hope you're looking at 8GB cards, not 8MB.
    09-14-08 09:18 PM
    [QUOTE=smaug;721089]I've heard of Transcend, I'm sure it's a decent card. Class 6 will give you 6 MB/s transfer rates as opposed to the Class 2's 2 MB/s.

I've never had a SD card break down on me, no matter the brand. Oh, and I hope you're looking at 8GB cards, not 8MB. [/QUOTE
    I almost made it through the 1st post without sounding like an *****.

Seriously though. Thanks for the advice.
    09-14-08 09:47 PM
    You might want to check your OS as well. Press alt+left shift+h and you will get a screen that lists it. If it does not say 4.3 or higher then you will need to upgrade your OS. 4.2.2 only supports a 4 GB card.

I have had some write issues with some no name brand cards but they were pretty rare. I usually stick with PNY because they have always been good to me and cheaper than Kingston and SanDisk.

Just a little heads up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 10:18 PM
    You might want to check your OS as well. Press alt+left shift+h and you will get a screen that lists it. If it does not say 4.3 or higher then you will need to upgrade your OS. 4.2.2 only supports a 4 GB card.

I have had some write issues with some no name brand cards but they were pretty rare. I usually stick with PNY because they have always been good to me and cheaper than Kingston and SanDisk.

Just a little heads up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it's an 8330. it's 4.3 or higher.
    09-15-08 02:08 AM
    I've heard of Transcend but i never really used their products. In fact, if it comes down to either SanDisk or Kingston, i always choose SanDisk.

Having said that, all of the above are fine manufacturers. If just boils down to what you like better. Some like Sandisk, some like Kingston.
    09-15-08 02:09 AM
    I have a 1G SanDisk that I got for around $20 from the Verizon store. I'm sure there are better deals out there.
    09-15-08 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD