So.
    I just got my new Curve (omg omg omg)
    I got the unlimited data plan (AT&T) of course

I initially was getting the LG Shine but I didnt like it
    so I went back to the store and got the curve..

but now I have few questions.....
    (dun dun dun..)

Im a heavy texter and IM messenger..

I cancelled my unlimted messaging plan and got unlimited data plan and just 200 text messages..

so now I need to download a program (is it BeeJive?) that will allow me to IM..
    but I just want someone to clear the whole program coz I'm a bit confuse..
    With Beejive.. Do you get charged per message , or I dont have to worry about anything since I have unlimted data ?

and.. oh yea...
    Im still trying to figure out what to do with this BB. lol
    I mean Im trying to be careful not to do anything, like im so scared to use programs coz I have a family plan with my mom and she might kick my *** if she gets like thousands of bills.

someone please tell me I dont have to worry about anything since I have unlimited data.

any suggestions on how to enjoy this precious little thing ?

and oh. someone try with me the Blackberry messenger.. i dont know anyeone else who have BBs lol

sorry. noob here.
    05-07-08 11:03 PM
    Most 3rd party apps use data... Use wireless.att.com and log in online to view usage to verify that.

JiveTalk by BeeJive uses data. With unlimited data, you're covered.
    05-07-08 11:25 PM
    And Welcome to the Crackberry.com family
    05-07-08 11:26 PM
    3rd party apps?
    05-07-08 11:29 PM
    X.jaymarie meet CB...CB meet x.jaymarie. Consider yourself formally introduced. Welcome to the addiction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 11:36 PM
    welcome to tha crack
    05-08-08 12:35 AM
    3rd party apps?
    Welcome to CB.
    3rd party apps are apps created by vendors other than RIM

To feed you new toy check out this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/lis...ompiled-30039/
    05-08-08 02:43 AM
    Hey I will be glad to add u to bb messenger cause I need some more contacts on there. So what is ur pin because it is not listed. To find out pin go to options(on home screen)>status and it should be there. Scroll down to it and u can and press the menu key to copy the pin. Then paste the pin in this thread if ur using ur bb to look at crackberry.
    Welcome to us bb geekz!

05-08-08 03:31 AM
    Whilst you are in Options, Status getting your PIN, look at the number next to File Free. This number is in bytes so divide it by a million and watch tha number like a hawk as you install all your lovely software. If that number gets below 12 Mb, then you need to uninstall some stuff to make sure that you never have less than 12 free or your phone will start misbehaving.

If you need any help, then do a serach of Crackberry and then ask away. We have all learned the hard way here and will help ya'll out.

Finally it is a ggood idea to remove the battery about once a week, keep it out for 30 secs and then put it back. This is called a battery pull and it does wonders for the well being of your phone.

Welcome to Crackberry.
    05-08-08 04:02 AM
    Welcome to CB, enjoy the new BB...
    05-08-08 07:56 AM
    Whilst you are in Options, Status getting your PIN, look at the number next to File Free. This number is in bytes so divide it by a million and watch tha number like a hawk as you install all your lovely software. If that number gets below 12 Mb, then you need to uninstall some stuff to make sure that you never have less than 12 free or your phone will start misbehaving.

If you need any help, then do a serach of Crackberry and then ask away. We have all learned the hard way here and will help ya'll out.

Finally it is a ggood idea to remove the battery about once a week, keep it out for 30 secs and then put it back. This is called a battery pull and it does wonders for the well being of your phone.

Welcome to Crackberry.
    Very good advice for a newbie, I have had to explain this several times to friends of mine with berries, they don't seem to understand that the BB is not just a mere cellphone and needs looking after!
    05-08-08 10:06 AM
    Hey guys, thanks so much for all the replies.
    my first day of BB, i'm already ..well sortof addicted.
    my friend was getting annoyed by it.

But I do wish someone would tell me from here straight up about some stuff..
    like I get really worried about my bill, and want no surprises
    so I would just like someone to confirm to me that I shouldn't worry about my internet used/e-mail/jivetalk if I have unlimited data? Or should I still limit myself? like I'm afraid of using applications coz yea.. (I have a family plan so I get really worried about the bill..)
    I wanted to browse so bad today, but I wasnt sure whether charges would apply, how about picture messaging? umm.. omg!!!
    sorry im confused noob.
    Blackberry messenger, is it charged by data or per message?
    help please..
    05-09-08 12:57 AM
    If you have an unlimited data plan you can do almost all the things you mentioned with no worries. So enjoy the h3ll out of yourself

Pictures messages I don't know about. Text you would need a seperate plan.
    Browser, Email, JiveTalk, BBM will all fall under your unlimited data.

And welcome to the family
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-09-08 at 01:08 AM.
    05-09-08 01:01 AM
    thaaaaank you

my BB is so empty, I havent added apps at all besides jivetalk..
    recommendations?
    but i checked my Free File, thing.. how come I dont have much left anymore. whyy? I only downloaded jivetalk?
    05-09-08 01:31 AM
    thaaaaank you

my BB is so empty, I havent added apps at all besides jivetalk..
    recommendations?
    but i checked my Free File, thing.. how come I dont have much left anymore. whyy? I only downloaded jivetalk?
    What is your file free total, and do you have Desktop Manager installed.
    Because if you do you can remove some things you don't need.
    05-09-08 01:35 AM
    ^ & to add to AG's post, in order to add and remove default app's like tasks, password keeper, etc. you need to have your OS (operating system) installed on your pc...so that you can simply uncheck app's you don't want.

You can download the latest OS from your carrier site or try BlackBerry > Support

Welcome to Cb, btw.
    05-09-08 03:07 AM
    My only suggestion is to install only what you will use often. BBs are not kind when it comes to flash memory
    05-09-08 03:44 AM
    ahhh gosh i love you guys soo much <3
    thaaaank you =)

are there any good apps ya'll would like to recommend?
    fun apps, everday apps... =)
    05-09-08 11:19 PM
    If you have not done a battery pull yet, do that. It is a good idea to do it any time you add or remove programs or alot of files from your berry. Check the free memury before and after.

This is a link to a list of some 3rd party apps that others like.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    05-10-08 12:13 AM
    my first day of BB, i'm already ..well sortof addicted.
    my friend was getting annoyed by it.
    why is it that people get annoyed when we use our berries?
    i think everyone experiences this to some degree, i dont get mad when they use their treo, iphone, or sidekick
    probably jealousy
    05-10-08 06:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

05-10-08 07:46 AM
    05-10-08 08:01 AM
    if you need help and want an extra friend on BB messenger, hit me up. i also have a curve though it's through alltel. my pin is 319B8630

open up your bb messenger and hit the button next to your call button > add contact > highlight USE ONCE then hit that same button and click REQUEST BY PIN and enter the desired pin number

bingo!
    Last edited by salimar; 05-10-08 at 09:04 AM.
    05-10-08 09:01 AM
    ahhh gosh i love you guys soo much <3
    thaaaank you =)

are there any good apps ya'll would like to recommend?
    fun apps, everday apps... =)
    Empower Pro is a everyday app for me so if you want HTML email you might want to take a look at it...

Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox
    05-10-08 10:04 AM
    welcome to cb!
    05-10-08 10:39 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD