1. goughandrew's Avatar
    Hi all, hope i'm posting this in the correct area!, ran a search both here and through google, but couldn't find the answer, figured i was best posting the question here.

    A user on our BES is using a US Blackberry as he needs quad band when he works abroad in Jpn etc, the problem only affects him in our organisation. When dialing number from the exchange GAL, if he hits the 'dial' button on the mobile number it will dial the full number

    +44 (0)7777 777 777

    If he hits the select button, and choses to 'dial mobile' then it calls as follows:

    +4407777 777 777

    Both calls obviously fail however. Looked online, and tried to update his 'smart dialing' settings Call log -> General Options -> Smart dialing, but this was already set to English (+44). Can anyone suggest why this might be happening?, could it be related to the fact it's a US (Sprint) device?, any thoughts welcome!


    Andy
    09-07-10 10:51 AM
  2. albee 1's Avatar
    You could call Sprint and get their advice. Are the other settings in the Smart dialing options set correctly? Area code and dial 1 options. It could also be effected by the way he is storing the numbers in his Contacts. I'm in the US but have all my numbers saved with my area code, without a 1 in front of the number.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 11:48 AM
  3. goughandrew's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply, I'm sure that if we changed our address book in Exchange to remove the (0) from all the numbers it would be fine, but it seems a lot of work for just one user out of a couple of hundred.
    One thing i'm considering is wiping the device and installing a UK OS, can anyone advise if this is possible/recommended action, i'm not hugely experienced on Blackberry devices, don't want to brick it!!
    09-07-10 11:56 AM
  4. HiddenPuppy's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply, I'm sure that if we changed our address book in Exchange to remove the (0) from all the numbers it would be fine, but it seems a lot of work for just one user out of a couple of hundred.
    One thing i'm considering is wiping the device and installing a UK OS, can anyone advise if this is possible/recommended action, i'm not hugely experienced on Blackberry devices, don't want to brick it!!
    The problem is definitely the "0". Can you not change the one contact to drop the "0"? I have all my numbers stored in this format, +1-555-123-4567 for my USA numbers and +33123456789 for my French numbers, as I travel there from time to time. All my calls work as they should. The "0" as I am sure you know is only used in local European calls.

    Not sure is this helps or not.

    Have a good day,
    HiddenPuppy
    09-07-10 12:22 PM
  5. goughandrew's Avatar
    Sorry, I'm not being clear enough. The problem affects one users handset, not just one contact. All contacts stored in the format:

    +44(0)7777777777

    Cannot be dialled from the handset, all other users connecting to the same BES server with UK handsets, don't have any issues. Hope this clarifies
    09-07-10 12:40 PM
  6. HiddenPuppy's Avatar
    Sorry, I'm not being clear enough. The problem affects one users handset, not just one contact. All contacts stored in the format:

    +44(0)7777777777

    Cannot be dialled from the handset, all other users connecting to the same BES server with UK handsets, don't have any issues. Hope this clarifies
    Not sure this will help, but if you go to "options" "phone" then "smart dialing" look at those settings and see if it will allow you to drop the "0" from the area code or setting it on UK may help if you have not already done that.

    Have a great evening,
    HappyPuppy
    09-07-10 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD