10-01-16 05:06 AM
    Yawn. We get it John, BlackBerry is a software company.
    10-01-16 05:19 AM
    Who cares what Johnny boy says?? He has sealed BlackBerry s fate.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 10-01-16 at 06:31 AM.
    10-01-16 05:36 AM
    I'm sure Mr Chen is no fool but he has done real damage with his mis quotes and or early announcements about leaving handsets etc leaving his underlings to try and control the damage.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 07:38 AM
    Good words actually:

“The hardest thing to do is recognize that your current model needs changing,” said Chen, who says this is something BlackBerry struggled with for some time as it focused mainly on its successes and not enough on what could go wrong. “I think disruptors of today’s businesses need to look at it from that point of view that things are going well, what could go wrong. There’s not enough board rooms or senior management team conversations about what could go wrong.”
    10-01-16 10:22 AM
    Good words actually:

�The hardest thing to do is recognize that your current model needs changing,� said Chen, who says this is something BlackBerry struggled with for some time as it focused mainly on its successes and not enough on what could go wrong. �I think disruptors of today�s businesses need to look at it from that point of view that things are going well, what could go wrong. There�s not enough board rooms or senior management team conversations about what could go wrong.�
    Wow, an honest statement that many people may not want to hear but needs to be said.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-01-16 11:33 AM
    Wow, an honest statement that many people may not want to hear but needs to be said.
    Truer words could not be spoken, especially as he is referring to his own transgressions.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 11:36 AM
    Truer words could not be spoken, especially as he is referring to his own transgressions.

Posted via CB10
    You must be reading something different from me.
    10-01-16 11:43 AM
    You must be reading something different from me.
    Maybe

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 11:45 AM
    Yeah they don't often admit their failings, so its interesting to see that. I bet the previous CEOs think the world has treated them unfairly or something.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-01-16 11:50 AM
    Good words actually:

“The hardest thing to do is recognize that your current model needs changing,” said Chen, who says this is something BlackBerry struggled with for some time as it focused mainly on its successes and not enough on what could go wrong. “I think disruptors of today’s businesses need to look at it from that point of view that things are going well, what could go wrong. There’s not enough board rooms or senior management team conversations about what could go wrong.”
    That's pretty much a summary of the "Toyota Way", practiced for years.
    10-01-16 03:40 PM