hi

i called my provider and they said that my abbility to make 3G connection (or any data connection) was not blocked. But since i called them (i had a problem with some money) and i told them i use a bb bold 9900 they just said that it wasn't possible to make any data connection without a BIS or BES contract.
    I don't have Bis or Bes but i was able to use opera mini, google maps, any third party app that wasn't made by rim in the past. i just used data that i received from my provider each month
    But now i cant't anymore.
    Is my bb the problem? and is there a solution?
    My tc/ip settings haven't changed since i started to use opera mini, etc...

ps I have friends that use their blackberry the same way as i do, and they don't have bis or bes.

Please help. Thank you
    Daan
    (from Belgium)
    12-08-11 10:52 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

If your carrier offers a BlackBerry data plan, and knows you're on one, they'll force you into it.
    12-08-11 11:10 AM
    Use can always use wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-11 12:07 PM
    yeah, i use wifi. But in belgium there isn't everywhere a wifi hotspot available
    hope this will change in the future
    12-08-11 03:02 PM
    I had the same problem here. Blocking network connection for third party apps is one way your carrier force you to use their data plan. I can bypass this with anti broken net on OS 5 but it won't help in your case anny way.
    12-08-11 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD