hi all. i recently bought a bb pearl 8110 that was locked to vodafone. i purchased an unlocking code and was very pleased when i unlocked the phone. i am now very disappointed to find i can't log-on to the internet. do i need a contract with one of the big companies to do this? there doesn't seem to be a browser, just something called vodafone live. thanks for any advice.
    09-29-09 11:34 AM
    The BlackBerry Browser does require a connection through BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS).

Third party Browsers, like Opera Mini and Bold do not. They are able to use a EDGE or GSM data connection.
    09-29-09 12:20 PM
    thanks for the quick reply. i have downloaded opera. now i know this is going to sound VERY stupid but how do i get it from my computer to my phone? i probably should mention that my computer is a mac!
    09-29-09 01:38 PM
    my computer is a mac!
    The good news is, Research in Motion has promised a Macintosh compatible version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The bad is, it is still not available, at this time.

If you can borrow some time on a Windows computer, download and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manger then use Applications Loader to install your third party programs.

09-29-09 01:46 PM
    thanks for your help, i'll do that.
    09-29-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD