So if I use my 8320 to call over wifi while travelling in asia will I be charged on my tmo bill?
    I would assume that it doesn't cost tmo money for the call but if they see a foriegn number they will charge me (ie if I call my mom here in oregon it will be free, but if I call my girls brother in vietnam it will cost money)
    Does anyone have experience with this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-08 07:35 PM
    I will be getting a local sim when I get there, but I really want to be able to call from malaysia to vietnam over wifi w/o being suprised by a bigg a$$ bill when I return home
    Does anyone have any info?
    Maybe I will email tmo and ask them

04-24-08 08:49 PM
    That is one huge advantage of Hotspot@Home service.

When you have a Wifi/UMA connection, you are making a local call. Unlimited voice and data over Wifi. I does not matter where in the World you call from.

Good call on replacing the SIM for the Curry delivery guy.
    04-24-08 09:55 PM
    It doesn't matter that I don't use h@h service? I don't see why that should matter. I still may send tmo an email. I don't want to be suprised later

Use my phone to call the pho delivery guy lmao
    thanks stoner for responding!

Last edited by kickinitlive247; 04-24-08 at 10:14 PM. Reason: clarification
    04-24-08 10:11 PM
    I want to know if I'm not using the H@H service if I connect to my home wifi can I call london for free?

04-24-08 10:39 PM
    I'm waiting for a reply from tmo now

04-24-08 11:42 PM
    those cheeky bastards lol they are gonna charge no matter what
    04-25-08 12:09 AM
    I want to know if I'm not using the H@H service if I connect to my home wifi can I call london for free?

If you are not subscribed to H@H, UMA is not available. If you have UMA, you have free calling in or too your home country. If you call somebody in London, there will be international charges, but the actual usage is still free.

If you do not subscribe, T-Mobile will bill it against your existing plan.
    04-25-08 09:35 AM
    It doesn't matter that I don't use h@h service? I don't see why that should matter....
    If you pass on the subscription to H@H, you will get exactly the same coverage any other T-Mobile customer gets. Outside of the US, it means roaming charges and huge data bills.

With H@H, your voice and data are unlimited when connected to Wifi.
    04-25-08 09:39 AM
    Hi, I'm new here. Had my curve for about a month and love it and these forums.

Stoner is right.

for example say you are calling from Phoenix to London.

With H@H The call itself is free but you will pay international long distance charges.

Without H@H you will pay minutes, long distance, and international charges which add up to big a$$ bucks.
    04-25-08 10:39 AM
    You need to check with tmo b/c a guy i work with didn't get charged while calling home but got charged rartes as high as 3.42/min while call other countries while over sea on WiFi. I would check with service provider.
    04-25-08 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD