Went in to pick a new work phone and asked about the 9810 and 9900. The sales guy whips out his work issued 9900..... Yep, you read that right... His Best Buy issued 9900... AND began telling me why it was such a great phone.

I asked what his personal phone was and he produces an iP4 so I ask him which he prefers and he tells me he LOVED his iP until he got the Bold and now he's keeping his iP4 until bb10 hits the market then it's going in his desk drawer as an emergency backup.

Wow, I said, over at FS theyre fanatical about all things ngs Apple. He says, "in their defense, they work on commission and earn a lot more from iDevices than bb's plus FS really pushes them to sell iDevices for the same reason."

A very refreshing visit I must say.
    04-20-12 07:36 PM
    that is interesting.. the bestbuy near me has 2 broken playbooks on display while the futureshop across the street has 3 working playbooks and 1 is bridged to a 9900 and the other 2 are demoing videochat.
    04-20-12 07:40 PM
    Not sure why a retail clerk in Best Buy would have a work issued phone in the first place. Unless he was a store manager or something...even then?

My brother worked at Best Buy in Ontario for about a year and nobody he knew had a work issued phone. I also have a friend who works at FS here in BC and he also does not have a work issued phone.

Why would the company issue phones to floor employees?
    04-20-12 08:31 PM
    Not sure why a retail clerk in Best Buy would have a work issued phone in the first place. Unless he was a store manager or something...even then?

My brother worked at Best Buy in Ontario for about a year and nobody he knew had a work issued phone. I also have a friend who works at FS here in BC and he also does not have a work issued phone.

Why would the company issue phones to floor employees?
    No idea, but when he said that I replied, "You mean Best Buy gave you that?" And he said Yes.

Go figure.
    04-20-12 08:40 PM
    Maybe the tide is turning! Bestbuy in my locale blows dogs. Dead playbooks, no BB accessories. Mention anything made by RIM and the sales people begin whispering and looking at you like you were a leper. Wouldn't shop there if you paid me. Good to hear some of their stores are waking up. But since my last experience there, I will never set foot in another Worstbye ever!
    04-20-12 09:43 PM
    Thats how many people feel that I know. BB10 will cap thoughs missing elements

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    04-21-12 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD