I've always had problems connecting to my Apple Airport router with my 9700. I would turn on wifi, it would show "Airport" next to my networks title on the home screen, but the wifi icon wouldn't turn solid for up to 30 minutes.

With this latest OS it seems to connect with the wifi symbol turning solid within a couple of minutes. For this I am very happy.

Anyone else been in this boat.
    09-22-10 06:33 PM
    Has it been the same with a belkin router? If possible, could you connect and have a solid white icon too? (I don't want to ditch mine for it's allergies for my 9700)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 06:58 PM
    do u guys hav a link for OS .938
    09-22-10 08:22 PM
    do u guys hav a link for OS .938
    Here you go

Let me google that for you
    09-22-10 11:51 PM
    09-23-10 12:39 AM
    I've had this issue on my 9700 regardless of the os and im using the airport extreme N type router. it works on my linksys router though...
    The 9700 does not support N Band WiFi, just B and G bands. Check your Airport and verify that it's broadcasting all 3 bands.

You may also have to disable the N band and just Run with the G or B/G bands to see if that helps.
    09-23-10 10:46 AM
    I've always had problems connecting to my Apple Airport router with my 9700. I would turn on wifi, it would show "Airport" next to my networks title on the home screen, but the wifi icon wouldn't turn solid for up to 30 minutes.
    Unrelated word of advice. This tells me you have not changed the SSID of your Wireless network from the default "Airport." This is a big, personal security risk.

Here's why, anyone trying to hack wireless networks in your area will see the AIRPORT SSID and know what kind of wireless network they are trying to hack. This tells them what tools are best used.

The same goes for people that leave theirs LINKSYS, or BELKIN.

I mean, if I see an unsecured LINKSYS wireless network, and connect. All I have to do is look at the gateway IP, browse to it, and when prompted, type "admin" for the password (Leave username blank) and have full control!!!

Changing the SSID is just as important as changing the password.

If you don't think it's important, look at this link... if you know the brand of router, you can use this list to get into it.

Default Password List

Even if you add a WEP key or WPA, even MAC filtering, they then know what type of algorithms to use. They just sniff your wireless traffic, crack and decrypt it, look at your MAC address in the TCP packet header, spoof that as the MAC on their laptop, hack into the router, and they have free wifi on your dime. There are even TOOLS out there that will do this for them. All they have to do is get a whiff of the signal.

I recommend not only changing the SSID, but disabling the broadcasting of the SSID. Then, the only way anyone will be able to know it's there is if they know the SSID and add the wireless network manually. Yeah, more work, but it's worth it.
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 09-23-10 at 10:58 AM.
    09-23-10 10:52 AM
    I have it set to support B G and N bands. Also with the 2nd network created with it, it also produces the same result.
    A few things to try:

-Disable N band all together.
    -Try a different security method. (WEP vs WPA) We've seen some brands of Routers that their implementation of one does not play nice with the BB, but the other will.
    -Change the SSID of the network so the BB does not get confused and think it's still connecting to the same network (See my rant above about the security benefits of this.)
    09-23-10 11:22 AM
    I promised myself that I wasn't gonna upgrade my os until a leak of OS6 was out. But I might have to check this out. I've had issues with wifi at my parents house when I visit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD