I want to buy the bold 9700 but before i do i want to ask a question
    My carrier which is vodafone offers data plan for smartphones which are not BBs and offers also the BIS.

Data Plan BIS
    Price 6 : 10 ( ratio )
    MB 500 Unlimited ( MAX 50Mb )

I dont understand why I would go with BIS (+ BB) when i can buy nokia smartphone + data plan and get better MBs and with the push email offered by nokia.

As a side question how many MBs will a youtube video need when played on BB.
    Or the trick is that it (BB) compresses data so 50 MB will be more than enough if watching youtube regularly.

I am confused.
    Thanks
    02-23-10 07:00 AM
    I'm moving this to the Vodafone Forum for the best answers. GENERALLY with Blackberries you need to get the BIS (or BES) plan, but wait to here from the vodafone people as I am from the US myself and on Verizon.

EDIT: I also expanded your title a bit to make it more descriptive of the issue at hand.
    02-23-10 07:30 AM
    Thanks you
    02-23-10 07:55 AM
    Moving back to GD at the OP's request.
    02-23-10 08:11 AM
    nokia messaging is no match for the BIS. if you need e-mail on the go ,you need to have BIS. and Nokia Messaging is not offered by all the carriers in all the countries- make sure vodafone supports NM in your country.
    02-23-10 08:30 AM
    If you plan on viewing utube, downloading etc. you will go thru 50 or 500 mb in no time! 50 mb is nothing these days.
    02-23-10 08:34 AM
    In my country vodafone offers Nokia Messaging and i dont really depend on email. I dont need the security offered by BIS.

@Kbz1960
    So you mean that the BIS is for email BBM and some browsing Only.???
    I thought i can do more than that.
    02-23-10 10:46 AM
    You don't say which country is your home, but moderator magic lets me see you are posting from Egypt now. I was unable to find your comparison pricing on the Vodafone Egypt site, but I did find some other deals which appeared to show the different services with generally similar bundles and costs.

I suggest you make your list of budget, needs, priorities for how you expect to use your phone, and then decide which service offers the best deal. When you have identified the service you should be able to select the most appropriate hardware.
    02-23-10 11:00 AM
    Thank you

The 6:100 is actually 60 EGP to 100 EGP if i pay monthly

And my priorities are the KEYBOARD, no lag, WIFI.
    and because the BB bold 9700 has the best keyboard after 9000, i want to buy it but if u can recommend any mobile that has similar keyboard it would be great as i dont need bis
    02-23-10 11:15 AM
    Get a Nokia. A BlackBerry is not the right device for you.
    02-23-10 11:24 AM
    But the nokia E72 does not have a good keyboard as the 9700
    Which is my first priority
    02-23-10 11:41 AM
    In my country vodafone offers Nokia Messaging and i dont really depend on email. I dont need the security offered by BIS.

@Kbz1960
    you have answered yourself. If you dont need e-mails and don't want to spend on BIS,it's practically meaningless to get the BB. Why not try other smartphones? Iphone or maybe some Android devices? IMO they would suit your needs.
    02-24-10 07:47 AM
    you have answered yourself. If you dont need e-mails and don't want to spend on BIS,it's practically meaningless to get the BB. Why not try other smartphones? Iphone or maybe some Android devices? IMO they would suit your needs.
    But i need the keyboard of the bold and if you have any alternative tell me.
    02-24-10 09:32 AM
    There is no keyboard like the bold which is why everybody raves about bolds keyboard unless u just mean a qwerty style keyboard then nokia do a few but it doesn't even come close to the bolds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 12:42 PM
    No i dont mean any qwerty i mean something like the one on the BOLD. :d
    02-24-10 02:27 PM

@Kbz1960
    Well I'm poor one to ask because I'm new to blackberries also. I was just saying that as far as data usage goes 50 mb of data will be used up fast and so will 500 mb if you're watching videos and downloading.
    02-24-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD