Have just been on a business trip today down to London (I am in the UK) and noticed a train fully of executives all using blackberry phones for work purposes. They were also all clutching either and iphone or android for personal use but it just shows businesses are still sticking with blackberrys as there weapon of choice. I am guessing due to the higher security and functionality they offer. Just need some new handsets and relaunches to bring more back into the fold for personal use.

I have used blackberrys for personal use for 5 years am currently on the Z10 and debating the Z30 mainly because of the better battery life and bigger screen.

Jan
    05-13-14 01:19 PM
    Yeah, I've seen similar. A lot of people aren't happy with the potential loss of privacy (and ability to wipe) that some of the BYOD platforms can provide so choose two devices.

And having just gone from a Z10 to a Z30....do it. Love mine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    janhsmn likes this.
    05-13-14 01:25 PM
    I think most don't want to carry 2 phones and balance was going to be for those. Seems it didn't do squat yet.
    05-13-14 01:34 PM
    But given the dire financial problems BB were/are having, lots of big organisations didn't want to invest more in them and BES10 take up has been very slow so far from what I've seen. Hopefully that will change , especially with recent articles citing low TCO of BES10 and cross platform support

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-14 01:38 PM
    indeed, these are corporate phones. BYOD is not proposed in many companies
    05-13-14 01:40 PM
    Don't forget BlackBerries have:
    -Better durability and ruggedness so less repairs from accidents
    -Email Hub app on BBOS/10 for efficient email management
    -Better accuracy and speed with keyboard (physical or virtual on BB10) for efficient email messaging. Email communications is key for businesses and also forms a record that can be audited. Sure don't want an iPhone/Droid autocorrect mishap as a business record.
    -Better business call quality from 1-on-1 calls or teleconference.
    -Better antennas to pick up signals may it be for voice or data.
    -Cost savings from BBM to BBM communications (BB10 to BB10 using BBM VOIP and Video)

If I was a CEO, these are my main forms of communication for doing business and I need it to be available and my employees to be efficient. BlackBerries were the only ones up and running during 9/11 (and other disaster incidents) to help with rescue efforts right?

Sorry Candy Crush, Netflix and Instagram isn't going to save my life or help me keep my job. :P

Posted via CB10
    janhsmn likes this.
    05-13-14 02:18 PM
    The Z30 has an amazing battery life yes.

? phone
    05-13-14 03:53 PM
    just bitten the bullet and ordered a z30 I hope it lives up to my expectations. Tried windows didn't like their phones and have an ipad but couldn't do with an iphone and don't think android now do anything different to blackberry so fingers crossed the Z30 is the one.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    05-13-14 04:17 PM
    The problem is that many companies are turning away from BlackBerry as they feared them going out of business or not being able to provide sufficient capacity for improvement while the competition has been wide awake and delivering. So instead they were seeking for alternatives to maintain security within a network of byod devices.

I think the bleeding has been stopped by now and the corporate area might regain trust in BlackBerry. But still, their handsets have been on the decline also in the business world.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:21 PM