http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/11/...=business&_r=0

The clincher is at the end:

"If they think they can get this all sorted out in the public eye, that’s going to be a pretty rare event,” Professor Cumming said, adding that the glare on BlackBerry’s problems will further erode confidence in the brand.

A person who has squabbled with Mr. Watsa over the years is skeptical that Fairfax will be able to save BlackBerry.

"There have been a lot of smarter people looking at this, and they can’t seem to make it work,” he said. “Warren Buffett isn’t buying broken-down tech companies.”
    Last edited by andy957; 11-11-13 at 10:47 AM.
    11-11-13 09:26 AM
    Very interesting.

I don't know the man, so this is pure conjecture, but I wonder how much PWs ego is playing into this?
    11-11-13 09:46 AM
    Very interesting.

I don't know the man, so this is pure conjecture, but I wonder how much PWs ego is playing into this?
    That's problem...when you don't know about someone it's better to say I cannot comment rather questioning thier ego .. He is not banking on BlackBerry becoming a dominant player again. He is just saying that Govement and regulates industries would continue to use BlackBerry for its top class security and that would be enough to support a much higher valuation.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:51 AM
    I really think that PW made the same mistake that so many in the "I support BBRY..." thread did. He was a friend of many involved at BlackBerry, he used BlackBerry devices and he is a supporter of Canada. He got emotional involved, which made it hard to make the cold and calculated decisions that are normally crucial in investing. He is HUMAN.
    notfanboy likes this.
    11-11-13 09:56 AM
    I think PW is in the business of making money and not gunning to be #1 smartphone maker.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    11-11-13 03:42 PM
    Deep down, I think he's a little emotionally attached to BlackBerry and wants to be it's shining knight

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-11-13 03:54 PM