just passing along

EDIT: This is an older graphic but at the bottom there is a top 10 list of apps for 2012. Is this still relevant in 2013? What else should be or shouldn't be there in 2013?

Last edited by dentynefire; 01-10-13 at 08:01 AM.
    zyben likes this.
    01-09-13 08:14 PM
    Interesting... I can only imagine BBM becoming the fastest top 1 app in every store if it goes crossplatform..... can you imagine? the best Messaging app... in just matter of minutes...
    Charliiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee, you need to clean your room!
    Mom! stop editing my posts!

Anyway... the main competitor, WhatsApp would immediatly freak out, I mean you can't add people to whatsapp you need to added to your contact list, and the security, that is just the tip...
    01-09-13 09:26 PM
    This info graphic is interesting. I really think that BBM is going cross-platform. Maybe not at launch but soon.

If RIM wanted to be the big dog again, this would be a step towards that. You're talking about a mobile social platform then.
    01-09-13 09:55 PM
    Curious...I did not see netflix in the mix...would skype be considered social networking, or is that more along the lines of fb, twitter, four square, etc???
    01-10-13 12:49 AM
    What exactly does "Top" platform and "Top" smartphone mean?

Is that based on an opinion? Survey of select group of people? Revenue? Units shipped? Units sold?
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-10-13 01:25 AM
    I'm confused. How is RIM above Apple in "top platforms"?

What does this infograph even represent? Top platform based on downloads, customer satisfaction, developer interest?

We need more info or a source, this infograph represents nothing.
    01-10-13 02:06 AM
    I'm confused. How is RIM above Apple in "top platforms"?

What does this infograph even represent? Top platform based on downloads, customer satisfaction, developer interest?

We need more info or a source, this infograph represents nothing.
    I'm curious as well, while RIM being close to apple in market share isn't too surprising, how does palm still have 3%?
    01-10-13 02:31 AM
    So I did a quick search on google and apparently this infograph is from April 2011, so it's almost 2 years old. That explains how RIM is above Apple and how palm still has some market share.

How quickly things can change in 2 years...
    01-10-13 02:48 AM
    OK so howarmat re-opened the thread (thanks!) after I explained to him that what was also interesting was the bottom listing of important app categories.

The #1 app category is Money Transfers and looks like RIM is moving to provide that using BBM so that is a pretty big deal according to this graphic. Its even bigger than web search. Its a little difficult to say what the criteria was but according to this web/app developer "Money" transactions or services account for 2-3 of the top 10 when you include NFC. I'm not sure how much medical we could see that is RIM provided but that is also a strong QNX capability, as is vehicles which isn't on the list. Maybe for 2013 we should expect that.
    01-10-13 07:58 AM