I have a storm 2 on Vodafone uk network. I've just noticed that when I go to google site the bis connection is knocked off and it goes trough the carriers network instead. Tried bing just to compare it and t stayed on bis.

What's up with that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 04:55 AM
    Seriously, is nobody concerned with this? The other thing is while you browse after a google search no emails/bbm will be coming trough to your phone.

03-15-10 04:44 AM
    I'm in Kansas so I wouldn't know.
    03-15-10 05:01 AM
    I'm in Kansas so I wouldn't know.
    Yes but is it the same on your network? Just curious.

03-15-10 05:20 AM
    I would have to say that it depends on if you are using your BIS browser or WAP browser your phone has two browsers on it. Do you know which one you are using?

my BIS browser will bring up the full Google webpage and my WAP browser brings up the m.google.com web page.

i'd almost put money on you are using the WAP browser.
    03-15-10 07:14 AM
    I would have to say that it depends on if you are using your BIS browser or WAP browser your phone has two browsers on it. Do you know which one you are using?

my BIS browser will bring up the full Google webpage and my WAP browser brings up the m.google.com web page.

i'd almost put money on you are using the WAP browser.

I'm actually using the internet browser. The problem is that as soon as I go to google website the bis connection goes off. If I search for something and continue browsing it stays off. If I type bing in URL the bis returns.

03-15-10 07:38 AM
    Apart from the fact that Vodafone is the worst carrier I've ever had to endure, I wouldn't know why you're experiencing that. I've been on Vodafone once, years ago (granted: before smartphones even existed), and I wouldn't go anywhere near it even if 1000 beautiful women were wiggling their butts and trying to lure me in.

That's all I can add but I hope it helps. Have you tried calling them up?
    03-15-10 08:22 AM
    Did a quick test. I typed Gino Dispatch, Belfast, Northern Ireland and the bis stayed on. I then typed google.com and it cut bis off. I searched for ginodispatch and when the result came up bis
    stayed off I clicked in the link to my site and after loading still no bis. Only when I closed the browser bis returned.

This means as long as I browse using google no emails/bbm come in.

Very strange if you ask me. Gonna ring Vodafone when I get a chance.

03-15-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD