BlackBerry just emailed me the link: https://www.gartner.com/doc/reprints...t=160902&st=sb

Critical Capabilities for High-Security Mobility Management
    Published: 25 August 2016 ID: G00290746

Analyst(s): John Girard, Dionisio Zumerle, Rob Smith

Summary

High-security mobility management is a subset of the enterprise mobility management market that serves organizations with the most stringent requirements. If security is the highest priority, IT planners should pursue best-of-breed solutions for each platform they intend to support.

Overview

Key Findings

High-security managed mobility solutions do not correspond to a single or specific mobile technology market.

The solutions that provide the highest security also require that users accept reductions in scope and flexibility, which will affect users' experiences. This may involve expensive, specialized hardware and software, as well as reduced choices in devices and features.

Recommendations

If security is a high priority, IT planners should look at best-of-breed solutions for each of the platforms they intend to support.

Solutions with high-security qualifications may not meet usability expectations; buyers need to ensure that their choices will support business processes without undue disruptions or interference.

High-security organizations should plan for tiers of access that support the use of less-secure configurations for less-sensitive tasks.

Mods: I hope this is posted in the correct forum - please move the thread if necessary
    09-27-16 10:45 AM
    All well and good, however for John Public unfortunately this isn't of interest. The Security aspect only would concern Corporate / Governmental clients who maybe interested in that level of security.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 10:49 AM

Mods: I hope this is posted in the correct forum - please move the thread if necessary
    Looks good to me ...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-27-16 10:52 AM
    All well and good, however for John Public unfortunately this isn't of interest. The Security aspect only would concern Corporate / Governmental clients who maybe interested in that level of security.

Posted via CB10
    Not entirely true... I have some very small clients in the UK that I have just sent this Gartner Report to, because should they have a data breach, they will have to show evidence that they have made reasonable efforts re: data security and have not been negligent in this regard. This report gives more supporting evidence to these very small clients that by using BlackBerry devices/software they are not being (entirely) negligent re: data security.

But yes, I completely agree that "for John Public unfortunately this isn't of interest".
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 09-27-16 at 11:22 AM.
    09-27-16 11:06 AM
    BB10 rocks!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-27-16 12:50 PM
    BB10 rocks!
    Absolutely!
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-27-16 01:22 PM
    The only sensible thing to do is to take this as good news. Considering the dire straights BlackBerry were in 3 years ago the first priority was always going to be to get back in the black (no pun intended). And by the looks of things that has happened, albeit with BlackBerry focussing on their strengths (security) and not their weaknesses (BB10 handsets). I suspect the upcoming earnings report will confirm this as well as the continued development of BlackBerry/Android handsets. As a long time and sole BBOS & BB10 user it's frustrating that future BB10 development is extremely unlikely but I'd rather the company remains in business even if that means BB10 ceases to be.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-27-16 01:42 PM
    BB10 rocks!
    This has nothing to do with it.

Product:*Good Secure EMM Suites
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-27-16 02:05 PM
    The only sensible thing to do is to take this as good news. Considering the dire straights BlackBerry were in 3 years ago the first priority was always going to be to get back in the black (no pun intended). And by the looks of things that has happened, albeit with BlackBerry focussing on their strengths (security) and not their weaknesses (BB10 handsets). I suspect the upcoming earnings report will confirm this as well as the continued development of BlackBerry/Android handsets. As a long time and sole BBOS & BB10 user it's frustrating that future BB10 development is extremely unlikely but I'd rather the company remains in business even if that means BB10 ceases to be.

Posted via CB10

I'm curious as to why you have such loyalty for a company that is perfectly happy to ditch its customers in the most unceremonious way imaginable.

If BlackBerry don't produce any more QWERTY devices, I'll never buy another one of their products again.
    09-27-16 02:09 PM
    I'm curious as to why you have such loyalty for a company that is perfectly happy to ditch its customers in the most unceremonious way imaginable.

If BlackBerry don't produce any more QWERTY devices, I'll never buy another one of their products again.
    Believe me I get it - I'm one of those diehard PKB users muself. However, if there aren't enough of us around to warrant producing a PKB device then BlackBerry won't. Just like any other company out there they are not a charity. Having said that I believe there is a BlackBerry/Android PKB device in the pipeline. Here's hoping they decide to make the thing

Posted via CB10
    eiruvrav and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-27-16 02:20 PM
    Believe me I get it - I'm one of those diehard PKB users muself. However, if there aren't enough of us around to warrant producing a PKB device then BlackBerry won't. Just like any other company out there they are not a charity. Having said that I believe there is a BlackBerry/Android PKB device in the pipeline. Here's hoping they decide to make the thing

Posted via CB10
    Well said I agree to this entire post 100%.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-27-16 06:47 PM