I talked to Verizon yesterday just to see if their Blackberry 10 story was any better. Still no training taking place, no one knows a date, and they told me it was up to Blackberry when the phones would be released. They then went into their standard line of testing and how long of a process it is etc....

I called back because I always like to get the story from at least 2 people because there is a huge difference in what some people know and what others don't know. The next person I talked to said they were just starting to hear about the new phone and that April was being discussed as the drop date. She said once they get the phones in the stores for employees to test use get familiar with it is usally at least a month before they start selling them...she said they expect Blackberry to get phones to them sometime at the beginning March which would push the drop date to April...

And I am sure if I called them today I would get a 3rd story....
    02-21-13 09:22 AM
    Well again this can be more insight and speculation. I am hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. Unfortunately my wife will not be waiting that long to get a Z10. I will stick it out.... They will lose alot if this does become true.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-21-13 09:27 AM
    This smells like a supply problem. Seems to me, they don't have enough phones to back a US launch without it affecting them in other places.
    02-21-13 09:35 AM
    I'm sure if you called back someone would be clueless to a new BlackBerry in production.

A fourth call would result in training materials being released to employees, phone are in hand, and they're gear up for an early March release.

I'll just wait patiently with the masses. I wasn't singing this tune on the Jan 30th, but these yoga classes have me feeling great! lol
    02-21-13 09:54 AM
    The employees at the store don't know anything about release dates The ETA is early March according the Verizon's Intranet. Look at the second thread that I started. It has all the info in there. The official announcement will most likely happen at the big cell phone show this month.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-21-13 09:58 AM
    I find that the sales staff at any wireless carrier are the most clueless when it comes to this stuff. I think the people on these forums know a **** of a lot more than those guys at the stores. I get tired of the "deer in headlights" look whenever i ask a question. I'm not stressing out about the US release dates. It will happen when it does.
    02-21-13 10:03 AM
    I wouldn't use the front line employees as a reliable source. They are trained to sell you a phone now, not later. There's no incentive for them to make you wait for a phone coming in about a month.
    02-21-13 10:04 AM
    The employees at the store don't know anything about release dates The ETA is early March according the Verizon's Intranet. Look at the second thread that I started. It has all the info in there. The official announcement will most likely happen at the big cell phone show this month.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I most believe this guy, BUT with the caveat, that we don't really know till Verizon officially tells us. HOWEVER, he did post some interesting screen shots.
    02-21-13 10:09 AM
    I wouldn't use the front line employees as a reliable source. They are trained to sell you a phone now, not later. There's no incentive for them to make you wait for a phone coming in about a month.
    The truth about retail is that management deliberately LIMITS knowledge about upcoming products; they want the staff to sell units that are in stock NOW. That isn't just true in tech, either.

And, so far as that goes, anybody who works in front line retail long enough understands that being knowledgeable about future product can be a liability. They aren't paid to know about upcoming product, and it can cost them money to discuss it with customers, because it takes time away from customers who actually ARE ready to buy now.

Front line retail staff are the absolute WORST people to talk to about upcoming product.
    02-21-13 10:16 AM
    Relax people. Since the official Z10 launch/announcement, the signs have pointed to March for the states. BlackBerry Z10 announced, launching mid-March in the US for $199.99 | The Verge. Then there's the internal docs vzinside posted pointing to early March http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ng-z10-769344/.

Last week, BlackBerry themselves tweeted..

@BlackBerry: #BlackBerry10 to be available on @VZWnews, @ATT, @sprint and @TMobile in the coming weeks. RT if you'll be picking one up!

If it's going to release say mid next month, its likely they won't announce a date officially until a week before or the day of. If you look around you'll find some more signs of reps using the Verizon Z10 too. The Verizon splash / eblast sign up page has been up since the official launch so a release can't be THAT far away. With all this evidence what do you expect? A release in February? It's been said a ton of times, but don't listen to every store rep or even customer service. They usually don't know anything until they're within days of launch.

ANOTHER VZW Rumor!-bbz10vzw.jpg
    gjcavana likes this.
    02-21-13 10:46 AM
    Sounds good but maybe I'll catch BB on my next contract. Walked in Sam's club today and I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for Verizon. $98.88 on a new 2 yr. contract. Too sweet a deal to let go. I like BB and all but these delays were very annoying to me. They totally screwed up the launch of what looks to be a quality product. I'll ride with this for 2 years and check back in with BB to see if there's any significant progress.
    02-21-13 11:46 AM
    I spoke to verizon earlier this week. I was told that Blackberry came in and demoed the phone. The person I spoke to said that she really liked it. It was fast and the screen was the perfect size. They didnt have a firm release date yet but that it would be coming "soon". I was encouraged by the quick review and the positive feedback
    SCPanther13 and BernFlo like this.
    02-21-13 12:04 PM
    All the new rumors I am hearing now point to a April release for the Z10. I think that's the safest bet. But I could easily seeing this creep back to May or June for the Z10. Also there can't be a supply problem in the US for Verizon... No other carrier can use that phone as far as I know!
    02-21-13 12:57 PM
    Well the twitter seems pretty good. Not 100% but enough to shut me up
    02-21-13 01:59 PM
    ANOTHER VZW Rumor!-1359142239336.png
    Anyone else notice on this picture that it has a March 6th date on it under the HUB. Could this mean something?
    Balti43 likes this.
    02-21-13 02:11 PM
    I think it's weird how employees just start making crap up. To the point where you get different answers for each employee you ask.

What about just saying, "I don't know."
    02-21-13 02:18 PM
    I contacted a rep i have been talking to. She said she did not know. The only thing she said was the whole google speculation of april time frame. She forwarded my request to her manager and he said for the lack of knowledge and service they could not provide they will be calling me as soon as information arrives and holding a device for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-21-13 02:42 PM
    Is this thread a deja vu?

mods, can we just lock this and link to another discussion of hte same exact thing?
    02-21-13 03:45 PM
    Is this thread a deja vu?

mods, can we just lock this and link to another discussion of hte same exact thing?
    pssst: There's an easy fix for this: Don't like it, don't read it. Simple.
    02-21-13 06:03 PM
    @Pietro13: well the picture over at Tmobile has the same date, so might mean nothing at all.
    02-21-13 06:28 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1359142239336.png 
Views:	309 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	137134
    Anyone else notice on this picture that it has a March 6th date on it under the HUB. Could this mean something?
    The best evidence we seem to have.
    02-21-13 06:41 PM
    Schwing. This is good
    02-21-13 06:52 PM
    In the past the date in a picture never meant anything so I doubt it will start now...but it would be nice.
    02-21-13 06:57 PM
    In the past the date in a picture never meant anything so I doubt it will start now...but it would be nice.
    I wasn't serious, just complaining about the total lack of announcement on US release date.
    02-21-13 07:23 PM
    It probably doesn't mean anything but I'm sure we all wish it does.
    02-21-13 07:58 PM
29 12