Incorrect. These are two of my best friends. They would readily tell me to F off if they weren't interested in hearing about it. You all make it seem like I was beating down their doors. I simply let them know about the phone because they had always commented how productive I was with my BB, but they wouldn't give up google play store.

In response to your first comment, I don't believe I suggested people should come and gush about the phone. I was once again simply pointing out the irony in the BB "loyalists" coming here to trash the phone after having it, or not having it, for maybe 24 hours. Similar to what everyone else used to do to BB10. Why is this seemingly so hard to grasp? I don't get it.
    Yeah I know when I'm hanging out with my friends one of the regular comments made by them is "Wow, you sure are productive with your Blackberry phone."
    11-26-15 06:21 AM
    Now that he has App freedom, he's enjoying his phone more.
    He may get tired of his apps fast. I remember when I could not wait to get Netflix and then deleted it as never used it. Music, weather, news, maps, pics and communication are all many BlackBerry fans want and BB10 does all that well.

BB, Still the One
    11-26-15 06:58 AM
    Don't you just hate it when your uninformed friends won't listen to you and they go ahead and make their own decisions about what phone they will carry, what car they will drive, what beer they will drink and what team they will cheer for?
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-26-15 07:14 AM
    OP, that is human nature. Always geared to see the negative first and positive second. Said that, I have recommended BlackBerry to few close acquaintances with success. It has not been easy because it needs some follow up and guidance in order to break the "home button dependency", but it pays off in the end.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    11-26-15 07:15 AM
    He may get tired of his apps fast. I remember when I could not wait to get Netflix and then deleted it as never used it. Music, weather, news, maps, pics and communication are all many BlackBerry fans want and BB10 does all that well.

BB, Still the One
    That same friend drove us to see a game downtown. He reserved a parking space before we left via an App that is three blocks from the stadium. When we got there and parked, he entered the details of the space and paid the fare via the same App. Aside from the convenience, using that App entitled him to a 50% discount and saved 7 bucks. This is what I meant about App freedom.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-26-15 08:25 AM
    This is what I meant about App freedom.
    Wow, I must admit your friend, App Man, is one cool dude!
    BB, Still the One
    11-26-15 12:15 PM
    I think you're right and it's absolutely ridiculous. It's the same people who are whining about the media not being objective on BlackBerry, I mean, this is really sad.

I've always liked CrackBerry because it was interesting to discuss about technology and phones. Unfortunately, this board is becoming more and more the playground of childish fanboys.
    They feel 'betrayed' (I know, we're still talking about phones) because BlackBerry has decided trying to make some actual profit by offering what seems to be some of the users archenemy, Android. They cannot deal with the fact that BB10 was apparently just not what people wanted.

Posted via CB10
    RH1Pearl and JeepBB like this.
    11-26-15 02:20 PM
    Yes it is really hard to consider a different point of view, and to understand it. As a teacher we call it d�centration ( sorry can't find the proper english word) and it's a skill that lead to "adult" behavior.
    Well seems that some folks haven't mastered that skill.

From Passport with Love (and sometimes my Q10 with love too)
    11-26-15 03:09 PM
    Personally I understand why the Priv is here, and I can understand why BlackBerry will probably pull the plug out of Bb10. It is just businesses.

But, like me, a lot of people feel bad because their beloved platform is likely to be abandoned.

For me, there is no decent alternative to BB10.
    Would I buy a priv? Probably not since I'm not loving BlackBerry for the keyboard, but for their excellent OS.

I might consider an all touch BlackBerry Android over a Nexus, that is for sure. But being in denial and believing that there's still life and future in BB10, I try not to think about the day my z30 stops working...

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 03:15 PM
34 12