My laptop has Intel MyWifi technology which says can use my laptop as a hotspot to other wifi devices, converting ethernet connection to a wifi signal (for all those saying connect to the wifi) without a router.

BUT it doesnt seem to work on my bold 9700 I am currently abroad and want to get BIS over wifi but there is no wifi where I am now and have lousy ethernet to put up with.

I can connect to the laptop which successful on the laptop but not on the blackberry and then the blackberry says failed to obtain IP.

Was wondering if anyone has managed to do this yet any help much appreciated!!
    07-25-11 12:35 AM
    I use connectify program. It seems to work better for my playbook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 02:07 AM
    Okay I dled the program and it connects my blackberry to the computer but I have the error

"unable to connect to the internet please try again later"

Do you manage to get BIS over Connectify?
    07-27-11 03:08 AM
    Okay I dled the program and it connects my blackberry to the computer but I have the error

"unable to connect to the internet please try again later"

Do you manage to get BIS over Connectify?
    I connected just find.

Make sure you setup the virtual wifi port correctly you have to change your ICS settings in your virtual wifi port. You need to enable http option at the very least
    07-27-11 04:54 AM
    I have used connectify and Intel's mywifi and I have had MUCH better experience with Intel's software. I found connectify to be extremely buggy and unstable.

I have had no problems with Intel's software and it works flawlessly with my 9700 for both wifi browsing and UMA (as long as my laptop is connected to a decent Internet connection).
    08-14-11 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD