I know that taking apart your phone to say change the faceplate voids the warranty, but how about insurance? Does disassembling your phone "void" rights to insurance at all? I thought it shouldn't since you pay a premium for that service but was looking for some other thoughts.
    04-28-09 11:36 PM
    if you have taken it apart and need to use your insurance for any reason..... You simply report it LOST!

A friend of mine works for T-Mobil and he pretty much says no matter what just say ya lost it. Even water damage, ya lost it, never turn in your bb for them to examine and find some bs reason to deny your claim.

Like the old saying..."No body, no crime"

I filed a claim with Asurion and cellular one and that was my story. No problems, new phone in 2 days. Not even questioned about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:49 PM
    My understanding of Asurion insurance is if its lost/stolen/out of warranty/water-damage/etc. So I don't think changing the housing would void your insurance by any means.
    04-29-09 01:20 AM
    My understanding of Asurion insurance is if its lost/stolen/out of warranty/water-damage/etc. So I don't think changing the housing would void your insurance by any means.
    Taking your phone apart for any reason voids the warranty.
    Common practice- if you take it apart to change the housing, put the original back on if you need to take it in for any service or repair.
    04-29-09 01:22 AM
    When a phone is reported as lost, the PIN is supposed to be deactivated by the insurance carrier and that phone prevented from being used again.

I get the post that says report it as lost- just know that once you do, you cant suddenly "find" it after the replacement has arrived and think you have 2 phones.
    04-29-09 01:26 AM
    When a phone is reported as lost, the PIN is supposed to be deactivated by the insurance carrier and that phone prevented from being used again.

I get the post that says report it as lost- just know that once you do, you cant suddenly "find" it after the replacement has arrived and think you have 2 phones.
    Agreed with Scandalex here as well. But you are going to get a new PIN when you replace your phone anyway. Don't report it stolen, report it lost. Just tell them you dropped it in a lake or what not. They really don't care HOW you lost it.... you will have to pay a deductable...unlike a warranty claim. You'll just have backup parts for your new phone.

VZW/Asurioin will allow up to TWO claims in any 12 month period........
    04-29-09 01:21 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. And to scandal

Taking your phone apart for any reason voids the warranty.
    Common practice- if you take it apart to change the housing, put the original back on if you need to take it in for any service or repair.
    I am not looking to claim my phone under warranty. First there is nothing wrong with it. I am well aware taking the phone apart voids the warranty. That was not my question. It was simply down the road should I lose my phone, drop it, what have you, will insurance still cover me. I'm not trying to commit any fraud here, i was simply asking if something were to legitimately happen to my phone are they going to deny my claim.
    04-29-09 09:09 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. And to scandal

I am not looking to claim my phone under warranty. First there is nothing wrong with it. I am well aware taking the phone apart voids the warranty. That was not my question. It was simply down the road should I lose my phone, drop it, what have you, will insurance still cover me. I'm not trying to commit any fraud here, i was simply asking if something were to legitimately happen to my phone are they going to deny my claim.
    No where in any of my responses did I say you were trying to commit fraud.

The only time I am aware of Asurion (insurance) not accepting a claim is if the damage was self inflicted. Other than that, as long as you are paying for the insurance, your claim should be honored.
    04-29-09 09:22 PM
    I was wondering this same thing, and I work for Asurion and still have not found an answer. I know it voids the warranty, but I'm not sure about the insurance. I "think" it will still be covered, but the safe bet would probably to just report it lost. Like was said, you won't be able to use it again, but you could have it around for spare parts, etc.
    04-29-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD