I'm trying to save money every month and I decided to remove the mobile insurance from my new bold 9900, I've had always been pretty careful with my phones, I had 3 BB curve 8520 replacements and they were all software issues, I'm pretty scared my bold dies for no reason, if it does, I must stick with my old curve for 2 more years and that would be really depressing.
    You think Mobile insurance is a must on blackberry devices?
    03-19-12 05:28 PM
    I believe it's a personal preference. My first BB was the Curve 8330 for 2 years with no insurance. Then I moved onto the Bold 9650 for 2 years with no insurance. Now I have the Bold 9930 (bought 2 weeks ago) and this time I did buy insurance from Verizon. Both my Curve and my Bold 9650 we great phones with no major issues. Basically a battery pull fix any issues.

Now with the Bold 9930 there have been many threads about the phone "bricking" or "nuking"....or not turning on....but that was in the early batches of 9930's that were first released in late Oct. 2011. I also read that many people are on their 3rd or 4th 9930's because of issues. I, for my personal peace of mind did go ahead and buy insurance for I plan on having this phone for a while.
    03-19-12 05:47 PM
    With the multitude of problems that the 99xx series have, I suggest getting the insurance. You can cancel at any time, but you only have 30 days after purchase to get insurance if I'm not mistaken.
    03-19-12 05:51 PM
    Well software/hardware issue that isn't working is covered by your warranty most likely.
    Aslong if it's isn't your user's fault. It's up to whetever you want to get an insurance for your 9900 or not.
    It's not a must but it's a safe to get yourself an mobile insurance if something suddenly pops up.
    I never ever had mobile insurance on all my mobile phones. Mobile insurance gives you an peace of mind.
    And it depends on what you want to insure, water damage, fall damage, damage by theft etc etc.
    03-19-12 05:53 PM
    Yes you only have 30 days after purchase, I'm on AT&T and by far my bold is working fine, the only issue I've had was this morning,my phone was turned off for some reason and the only way it turned on was with a batterry pull,thanks god I've only had one class today at 3 pm,I use my phone as an alarm and it would had been chaos if I missed a whole day at college. I'm pretty paranoid with my bold, But i need to make the cuts in my monthly payments.
    03-19-12 05:54 PM
    First the decision to have insurance or not has to be yours. That said I've never had cell phone insurance, never lost or broke a device and never had to go back to a carrier for hardware help. I've been upgrading my BBs on average every two years.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-19-12 06:15 PM
    My first Bold died after 4 months. The second after 2 months. I have faith that whatever that was causing this has been corrected. But I would be screwed without the insurance. On a positive note, there are very few threads about bricking these days.
    03-19-12 10:04 PM
    Sometimes I get insurance and sometimes I don't. Currently I don't have insurance on my 8330 because it is cheaper to just buy another from eBay if something happens to this one. But I must say, that I have never broken my phone. My wife has broken one of my phones though. I don't think that I would need it for a BlackBerry because they are usually well built. Plus, I have a skin on it at all times. That seems to be all the protection I need.
    03-20-12 01:25 AM
    After several years of cell phone owning insurance is not and never has been part of my life. Only one time did a phone break and that one was close enough for a renewal. The savings over 14 years of not paying insurance will very easily buy a new phone if the need arises. Not for one moment do I regret not having paid those bills.
    03-20-12 07:17 AM
    Honestly I use to have insurance for my phones, but it's just a waste of money. There's no point in paying a monthly fee(it was $7)and still having to pay over a $100 deductible. You can just get a used phone off craigslist for a good price.
    03-20-12 07:29 AM
    Honestly I use to have insurance for my phones, but it's just a waste of money. There's no point in paying a monthly fee(it was $7)and still having to pay over a $100 deductible. You can just get a used phone off craigslist for a good price.
    This is what I came to decide as well. I bought phone insurance for the 1st time with my Bold 9930, and kept it for the first 6 months, but looking at the overall price and the deductible that you will have to pay, it almost comes out to break even if not better to just forgo the insurance and get a used phone from ebay, craigslist, etc. My insurance was $8 per month and I believe my deductible would have been around a hundred, so if my phone had issues after a year, I will have spent $96 on insurance than the $100 on the deductible to get a replacement that I'm sure by that time I will be able to find cheaper on one of the previously listed sites. I would rather just save my money since more often than not you will never need to use the insurance; atleast, I've never had to worry about it.
    03-20-12 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD