Hi,

I use my BB 9700 for both business and personal. I was going to get a 2nd phone for personal use but the thought of carrying 2 phones is not a good thought.

Is there a good way to "split or designate" calls to show which may be a personal (maybe marking all calls form my area code as personal) or all calls from my 800# as a business call?

Of course, it would be difficult for telephone numbers that I do not know but 99% of the time those are business calls.

Any ideas? Thank you

Elliot
    10-24-11 04:13 PM
    Hey. Someone with knowledge on BlackBerry Balance get in here!
    10-24-11 04:16 PM
    I think BlackBerry Balance will work but you could also use the current options on the notification light or purchase BeBuzz-Led lights and more or something like it.

Currently, using it. I have a blue light for my wife, a green light for work people, and you could set a bunch more.
    I also have songs from my playlist assigned to different contacts so I actually know who is calling if I'm not right next to my phone. This options by the way is free. You just use your current music or if you don't have music on your phone there are several standard ring tones.

Here is a suggestion. Since all your personal calls are from people you know then assign them a certain tune or song and then you will know that every call not with that tune is a business or call other than personal call. The only risk is that someone that you don't have in your contacts call you but is a personal call. But the advantage is that it would be free and relatively easy.

If you go to options/sounds and ring tones/sounds for contacts/add contact alert

then type the name of the contact you want and hit enter. You can do serveral but I don't know how many. You can assign all of them a certain music song for phone and a different one for e-mail.

Let me know if this solves your issue. I'll check back later tonight and if not we can try something else. Unless someone else jumps in. Good luck.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-24-11 at 04:39 PM.
    10-24-11 04:29 PM
    I think BlackBerry Balance will work but you could also use the current options on the notification light or purchase BeBuzz-Led lights and more or something like it.

Currently, using it. I have a blue light for my wife, a green light for work people, and you could set a bunch more.
    I also have songs from my playlist assigned to different contacts so I actually know who is calling if I'm not right next to my phone. This options by the way is free. You just use your current music or if you don't have music on your phone there are several standard ring tones.

Here is a suggestion. Since all your personal calls are from people you know then assign them a certain tune or song and then you will know that every call not with that tune is a business or call other than personal call. The only risk is that someone that you don't have in your contacts call you but is a personal call. But the advantage is that it would be free and relatively easy.

If you go to options/sounds and ring tones/sounds for contacts/add contact alert

then type the name of the contact you want and hit enter. You can do serveral but I don't know how many. You can assign all of them a certain music song for phone and a different one for e-mail.

Let me know if this solves your issue. I'll check back later tonight and if not we can try something else. Unless someone else jumps in. Good luck.

I thought of doing that. However, being in an office setting and having important meetings, my phone is on Vibrate most of the time and usually holstered, so the custom LEDs wont work most of the time for me...

My suggestion:

Get a Google Voice number (it's free) and use it for either business or personal, or both. You can set rules to allow certain contacts and/or groups to hear different voicemails; set a time slot of when certain contacts can call you (it'll just direct them to your voicemail automatically "after hours"); and much more.

Just google it if you haven't looked into it already. You can even keep the same phone number you're already using if you don't want another phone number...
    10-24-11 05:50 PM
    I believe the LED light will still flash a certain color even if you miss the call. However, I am not sure if it is because I'm using Buzz or just the phone capabilities.

The above post is interesting as well. But either way, carrying two phones seems like a bit of a pain. Hope one of these helps.
    10-24-11 10:44 PM
    Great info....thanks for replying.

I have all my contacts and clients in the same list...(I know, shame on me).....usually when I get a call (my business is e-commerce) i add the person to my contacts so I can know if it is someone I do business with.

Too bad we can't have 2 phone lines coming in. I thought of getting another Skype number but then that becomes difficult as to who to give it out to.

Elliot
    10-24-11 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD