Ive had to do a battery pull a few times today for various reasons. But i deleted all IM software from my phone recently (just need google talk). But now every time i do a battery pull, the "Instant Messaging" folder keeps coming back. You know, that original folder that contains all the Im software. Anyway i can keep this from returning after every reboot?
    06-07-08 01:14 PM
    Anyone? Id love to delete this stupid folder
    06-07-08 05:58 PM
    My phone didn't come with a folder like that. I suspect it is programmed right into the OS. So, the only thing I can suggest is to follow the directions elsewhere on this forum for wiping your blackberry and reinstalling the OS.
    06-07-08 06:06 PM
    Can you move the application icons out of that folder and just delete it?
    06-07-08 06:35 PM
    Essentially thats what i did, i actually deleted all the im software. Later on i downloaded google talk again. So its just an empty folder, and im unsure of where it is located out and how to delete it permanently
    06-07-08 07:07 PM
    . I'm curious. Which os are u using? When I downloaded 4.5 it had that folder. I completely wiped my berry. Then I didn't load n e I'm software. Then I loaded just yahoo and bb from scratch. The folder is no longer there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 07:24 PM
    ive never had an IM folder on my blackberry? I use Jivetalk and theres no folder.
    06-07-08 07:34 PM
    Question are you using tmobile? I had that folder and got rid of it. I don't think I've done a battery pull but alt r-shift del to reset and it hasn't returned. I have noticed that if I change from the default theme(tmobile) the folder disappears. So it might be theme related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 10:04 PM
    Try hiding it. That is how I got rid of mine, it's still taking up some memory but at least its now annoyin me there.
    06-07-08 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD