Hi all,

We just released a new version of our GPS Tracking app. Can you please test it and let us know if you find any issues?

The service is free.

http://www.instamapper.com/download/GPSTrackerBB.jad

Setup instructions:

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

IMPORTANT: If your carrier is Verizon, try setting "Disable A-GPS" in settings. Otherwise GPS won't work.

Thanks.
    Last edited by imrtt; 03-05-09 at 03:47 PM.
    03-05-09 02:23 PM
    As cyclist (road and off road), I am very interested in this app, however, I am a newbie and need to be walked through this.

I am on Verizon with an 8330. I have unlimited data, but have not subscribed to any GPS plans that I know of, but I have been messing with GPS. Am I going to incur any exorbiant fees?

If this app will work with my phone and carrier, please explain exactly how I have to go about disabling GPS.

Thanks,
    Agent
    03-07-09 12:30 PM
    very cool app. I'm going on a week long motorcycle trip in a month. Now my wife can check up on me and where I am along the way.
    03-07-09 07:57 PM
    At the moment, I can't seem to get a GPS signal. To even get my device to seek a satellite, I had to switch connection to direct, check "auto on at boot" but leave un-checked the "disable A-GPS".

Though my Instamapper app seeks a signal, nothing is coming through.
    03-07-09 08:23 PM
    At the moment, I can't seem to get a GPS signal. To even get my device to seek a satellite, I had to switch connection to direct, check "auto on at boot" but leave un-checked the "disable A-GPS".

Though my Instamapper app seeks a signal, nothing is coming through.
    Put a check mark on "Disable A-GPS"- This worked for me. Good Luck!
    03-08-09 03:10 PM
    can i use this software to track another device at all times? i am interested in installing this software on my daughter's blackberry pearl. also from what i heard it can be set to auto boot so when ever the device is turned on it can automatically begin tracking... this is correct?
    03-08-09 05:05 PM
    Trying out 1.8 now. Preliminary results are positive. I've been using 1.5 for a couple of weeks with great results. I really appreciate this app.
    03-09-09 01:35 AM
    Does anyone know if you can desginate your own APN settings to this App?

I'm very interested in it but my blackberry unlimited data plan with o2 only works on blackberry.net (and possibly wap.o2.co.uk) APN(s)
    03-16-09 09:30 AM
    There are no custom APN settings in this app.
    03-20-09 04:10 PM
    I've got it running - Where Is Hawkins?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 11:25 AM
    I've got it running - Where Is Hawkins?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is pretty exotic!!!!!
    03-21-09 11:52 AM
    this app blows. i put it on my 8330 and it never connected
    03-29-09 09:18 PM
    To anyone with Verizon:

Verizon has disable GPS from working with anything other than BB Maps and their own VZ Navigator. If you want to fix it and get your GPS to work with any and all programs, try the guide listed in my sig.
    03-29-09 10:51 PM
    Hi all,

We just released a new version of our GPS Tracking app. Can you please test it and let us know if you find any issues?

The service is free.

http://www.instamapper.com/download/GPSTrackerBB.jad

Setup instructions:

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

IMPORTANT: If your carrier is Verizon, try setting "Disable A-GPS" in settings. Otherwise GPS won't work.

Thanks.
    I'm missing something. When I run the app I get a screen that shows the word tracking at the top followed by some lat/longs and accuracy. How do I get this to overlay with maps? I assume this overlays with Google Maps.
    03-31-09 01:56 PM
    I'm missing something. When I run the app I get a screen that shows the word tracking at the top followed by some lat/longs and accuracy. How do I get this to overlay with maps? I assume this overlays with Google Maps.
    No thats not what its for. Its for tracking your phone from the web, say - if your phone has been stolen. What you have to do is create an account at InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking and associate it with your PIN.

When the phone has the tracking application open, you can log onto instamapper.com and load up the map from your computer. It will pinpoint your phone's location from there.
    04-03-09 04:01 AM
    I just tried the app. It seems to do pretty much the same a Google Latitude.
    04-03-09 04:25 AM
    I just tried the app. It seems to do pretty much the same a Google Latitude.
    I haven't used google latitude.

With instammapper, it now has the autostart up which is ok.

Apparently you can start tracking by texting your phone with a specific string of data - however, im sure one of the first things a thief would do would be to remove the SIM, which means restarting the phone, being informed that gps tracking has started and simply exiting the application.

I may investigate this SMRTguard.
    04-03-09 04:30 AM
    No thats not what its for. Its for tracking your phone from the web, say - if your phone has been stolen. What you have to do is create an account at InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking and associate it with your PIN.

When the phone has the tracking application open, you can log onto instamapper.com and load up the map from your computer. It will pinpoint your phone's location from there.
    As I drive for a living I run it all day and then at the end of the day log into my account and can replay my days travel.

Also good if you want to allow friends / family see where you are. Here's a website I set up for my friends to see where I am

Where's Mike
    04-03-09 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD