Has anybody tried this app out yet? What's your refresh rate at and how does it affect your battery? I have been using my phone really heavy recently so I don't have a good reference for battery life. But I think the apps probably worth the drain if you loose your storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 01:04 AM
    I tried it and deleted it after a day. The interface is a bit clunky. I prefer moostrax much more. You should try that. It is free as well and works great. All of these programs will have a major affect on your battery. With it always on I have to charge my battery nightly, but I can get a full day of normal use out of it. MoosTrax - Home
    04-08-09 08:31 AM
    Instamapper is the complete opposite of clunky. You have a menu and the tracking info. It is the epitome of streamlined. Anyway, I have it tracking now for the last 15 minutes every second, and it went through half my battery. It is the first time I used it. I will try 10 seconds when I go running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rednukleus; 04-18-09 at 06:56 AM.
    04-18-09 06:52 AM
    I haven't looked at this app, but based on what you're saying, you should try smrtguard. It tracks your phone as well, but doesn't use up much battery. It also allows you to do various other things, including wipe the phone remotely if it is lost or stolen, and OTA backups on your schedule. It is also free at the moment, still in beta phase, but current version has been completely reliable and stable for me. go to the Smrtguard website to download, there's also a thread on crackberry about it.
    04-18-09 11:56 AM
    It's a great app.

Which app you want to use is going to depend on what you want to do with it.

Moostrax, GPSed, Latitude etc all have advantages and disadvatages.

I use Instamapper because it (1) automatically uploads data to the server and (2) is easy to use on my blog/fb etc to show the location. (3) is dead simple to use.
    04-18-09 12:10 PM
    i use instamapper as well. yes, its the opposite of clunky. its just a screen showing location and the menu.

plus they have a facebook app u can share ur location with, and u can shre location easily on ur blog/website using HTML code. very nice..
    04-18-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD