I apologize in advance if this has been covered before, but I looked and didn't find any answers to help me out. Anyways, I have a Curve 8320 and downloaded Instamapper for it, got signed up, all is done that is supposed to be done in order for this to work. Well whenever I try to connect to it on my phone, it just says "Locating..." and starts counting the time, but it never connects Even when I am outside on a clear day, it just keeps counting and nothing happens. So far I have tried all 3 connection types with A-GPS enabled and disabled, but nothing does the trick... I even made sure my application permissions were set to "Allow." Any ideas on what this could be? Google maps seems to work just fine with finding me. Thanks!
    09-19-09 10:37 PM
    Well, looking at the specs for your phone (you did this already, I would assume?) you need a GPS puck. Do you have one?
    09-19-09 11:12 PM
    Well, looking at the specs for your phone (you did this already, I would assume?) you need a GPS puck. Do you have one?
    I don't really know. All I know is that Google maps and Google latitude work just fine, but I guess I need a puck for instamapper?
    09-19-09 11:30 PM
    I'm no expert on which phones have GPS and which ones don't...but if your phone is one of them that does not have gps capability built in then you will need a GPS puck too use instamaper. Instamaper only uses GPS location and not cell tower location like google maps/latitude.

hope that helps...:-)
    09-20-09 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD