I installed a new theme from Nancy Drew.

It installed it now how do I get it as the theme? Please help?
    08-11-08 10:22 AM
    After installing a theme, you'll want to reboot the device. Turn the device off, pull the battery and then reinsert it.

Once it powers up, go to options > theme > select your theme!
    08-11-08 10:27 AM
    OTA goto options>themes and select the nancy drew theme.

Downloaded zip file you must unzip the files first and then open DM 9desktop manager) goto appl loader and add/remove app then click new and find the theme on your pc and click that and then run app loader
    08-11-08 10:29 AM
    Take a look at this : BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

And please searcht he boards and loook at the rest of the BB 101 Lecture Series before creating threads... I am not trying to be mean but you have made a number of threads that are easily answered from those articles.
    08-11-08 10:30 AM
    I cannot get the battery out ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    08-11-08 10:30 AM
    Thanks.

I do not have my cord or my desktop manager here at work. I had sent from my pc to my email on my phone and downloaded that way.
    08-11-08 10:33 AM
    I cannot get the battery out ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Why do you need to get the battery out?! Did you even follow the article I posted??

And I highly doubt you installed the theme correctly, because not 10 minutes ago you made a thread asking about the wallpaper and you though if you loaded the screen shot of the theme it would actually act as a theme and not a wallpaper...

Please relax and take the time to read what I provided...
    08-11-08 10:34 AM
    Thanks.

I do not have my cord or my desktop manager here at work. I had sent from my pc to my email on my phone and downloaded that way.
    So do you actually have the theme installed then??

And, you do not need to pull the battery... you can rest with Alt-RShift-Del

Then go to Options > Themes and the theme should be there... select it and you are good to go
    08-11-08 10:35 AM
    After installing a theme, you'll want to reboot the device. Turn the device off, pull the battery and then reinsert it.

Just did that, went to themes, none are there except the ones the phone came with.
    08-11-08 10:36 AM
    So do you actually have the theme installed then??

And, you do not need to pull the battery... you can rest with Alt-RShift-Del

Then go to Options > Themes and the theme should be there... select it and you are good to go
    Yes, it went through the process of installing and said successful.

I re set went to themes and it is not there, just standard ones are there
    08-11-08 10:37 AM
    Did you try the reboot method posted above?
    08-11-08 10:37 AM
    Why do you need to get the battery out?! Did you even follow the article I posted??

And I highly doubt you installed the theme correctly, because not 10 minutes ago you made a thread asking about the wallpaper and you though if you loaded the screen shot of the theme it would actually act as a theme and not a wallpaper...

Please relax and take the time to read what I provided...
    It said successful
    08-11-08 10:39 AM
    Yes, I restarted too. No theme there.
    08-11-08 10:39 AM

If you attempted to reset the device that method... it will not do anything, because that is incorrect. When performing a battery pull, you do not power down the device and then pull the battery... that does not perform a reset. You leave the device powered on and then pull!

Or do the soft reset I mentioned... Alt-RShift-Del...

(Are you positive you installed the theme??)
    08-11-08 10:41 AM
    Wait I just re did it, then it asked if I wanted to re boot to install theme. It did not do that before. Sorry for all the confusion.
    08-11-08 10:41 AM
    I am looking in the themes, it is still not there> Something is strange. It said successful, then it rebooted, then I looked in themes and no where to be seen.
    08-11-08 10:43 AM
    I am looking in the themes, it is still not there> Something is strange. It said successful, then it rebooted, then I looked in themes and no where to be seen.
    Did you get the correct theme for your device model?? They are model specific...

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and see if it is listed there...
    08-11-08 11:29 AM
    Just checked in advanced options, the hello kitty theme is there. But it will not let me use it from the themes area??
    08-11-08 11:57 AM
    I have the 8330 with Operating system, v 4.3. I see all of hers are higher? Is my phone out of date?
    08-11-08 12:01 PM

Why does he need to do a power reset? I never do that and my themes show up just fine..
    08-11-08 12:34 PM
    Downloading yet again another for my OS, it is downloading now. We will see if it works. It is a plazmatic thing one, do I need something else?
    08-11-08 12:46 PM
    OH MY GOD IT FINALLY WORKED!!! YIPPEEEE!! I ONLY SPENT LIKE 4 HOURS today trying to do it. Thanks everyone. I never reset it either and it showed up.!!!!
    08-11-08 12:47 PM
    I have the 8330 with Operating system, v 4.3. I see all of hers are higher? Is my phone out of date?
    Themes exported for a higher OS than your own will not work on your BB. Look for themes exported for 4.2 or 4.3...
    08-11-08 12:53 PM
    I see there are not alot of 4.2 or 4.3 ones/ How come I did not get the 4.5 version on this phone, I just got the phone Friday
    08-11-08 01:01 PM
    I see there are not alot of 4.2 or 4.3 ones/ How come I did not get the 4.5 version on this phone, I just got the phone Friday
    Verizon is still testing OS 4.5 and most US carriers still haven't officially released this new OS upgrade.

As of right now, the only way to get 4.5 on your phone is to either download a beta version or download a released version from another carrier.
    08-11-08 01:10 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD