Okay, so i have been trying to install games onto my 2 week old black berry via Desktop manager. They are .alx and .cod files. Whenever i try to load them onto the DM, it says the infamous "this application blah blah blah message."

So, as everyone has stated, I have updated my DM to 4.5, even though it was already 4.5...

I have put the .alx and .cod files into a single folder and tried dragging them both at the same time.

Nothing seems to work. Does anyone else have any ideas??

Thanks!
    06-04-09 05:00 PM
    Do you also have the OS you're running on your BB installed on your pc?
    06-04-09 05:08 PM
    I'm not sure. I have the Desktop Manager installed on my PC... is that the same thing??

My phone is a 8330m Curve, and thats the one i downloaded onto my PC... i'm assuming i do?
    06-04-09 05:14 PM
    Desktop manager is not the same thing.
    Go here --- >BlackBerry® Software Updates and get the most current OS for your phone. Run the .exe and install it on your pc.
    Afterwards, desktop manager will recognize the game and give you the option to install..
    06-04-09 06:23 PM
    Okay, so i have been trying to install games onto my 2 week old black berry via Desktop manager. They are .alx and .cod files. Whenever i try to load them onto the DM, it says the infamous "this application blah blah blah message."

So, as everyone has stated, I have updated my DM to 4.5, even though it was already 4.5...

I have put the .alx and .cod files into a single folder and tried dragging them both at the same time.

Nothing seems to work. Does anyone else have any ideas??

Thanks!

We sure do, a lot of new member have reported the same issue.

The message means you do not have the correct OS software installed. You need that to be correct first, then you can install applications through Applications Loader.

Next time, you only need to select the ALX file, it contains the instructions to install the COD file.
    06-04-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD