Is this possible?
    10-06-09 01:05 PM
    Yes, but it still requires a computer.

The OS device software installs Applications Loader for you. You can pass on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager program complelety.

Use Windows file manager to locate and Run the program at:

c:\program files\common files\research in motions\apploader. Delete the security file Vendor.xml, then Run Loader.Exe.

10-06-09 01:13 PM
    Yes, but it still requires a computer.

The OS device software installs Applications Loader for you. You can pass on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager program complelety.

Use Windows file manager to locate and Run the program at:

c:\program files\common files\research in motions\apploader. Delete the security file Vendor.xml, then Run Loader.Exe.

Will try that and report

Thanks
    10-06-09 01:16 PM
    The same happens.

I'm trying to avoid installing an OS update that keeps coming up.

Any work-around?
    10-06-09 01:19 PM
    That will require removing software using Windows Control Panel, but you will still have to have the matching device OS software installed.

No way around that.
    10-06-09 01:27 PM
    I get it.

Thanks a lot
    10-06-09 01:43 PM
    You may already have an OS installed on your PC as Reed suggests. Do as he says and uninstal it.

Which version of Desktop Manager are you using? If you are running DM 4.7 or above, then you will see automatic updates being offered by Desktop Manager.

You can stop this from happening by running DM 4.6 or by following the instructions in this link Why won't my OS update? I deleted the Vendor.xml file! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community which will require you to uninstall and then re-install DM whilst following specific instructions to configure DM.
    10-06-09 01:54 PM
    You may already have an OS installed on your PC as Reed suggests. Do as he says and uninstal it.

Which version of Desktop Manager are you using? If you are running DM 4.7 or above, then you will see automatic updates being offered by Desktop Manager.

You can stop this from happening by running DM 4.6 or by following the instructions in this link Why won't my OS update? I deleted the Vendor.xml file! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community which will require you to uninstall and then re-install DM whilst following specific instructions to configure DM.
    Actually, I am sing DM 4.6 and there are no other OS installed on my laptop, however, ti keeps saying that I need to upgrade.

I'll look into that thread and hope it fixes it.

I'l report back as soon as I get it done.

Thanks
    10-06-09 02:35 PM
    The thread is only applicable to versions of DM 4.7 and above. If you are running 4.6 then this program cannot auto-update as it does not have the ability to download OSs from RIM servers.

If DM is saying you need to update then it must be getting this information from somewhere. It must have found an OS.

The other possibility is that the message is not quite what you think. Please can you let us know exactly the text of the message you are seeing.
    10-06-09 02:42 PM
    This is what I get
    10-06-09 02:49 PM
    when I agree to upgrade, it goes through a process and tells me that there are no available updates, so I think I'll check the other thread and try to "fix" DM
    10-06-09 02:55 PM
    It looks like it has found something but I do not know what. If you are running DM 4.6 then this program is not capable of downloading OSs.

It seems that this is a false positive.

Perhaps if you were to uninstall DM completely, re-boot your PC and start over, the message will go away.

I really have no idea what is causing this. I am sorry.
    10-06-09 03:11 PM
    It looks like it has found something but I do not know what. If you are running DM 4.6 then this program is not capable of downloading OSs.

It seems that this is a false positive.

Perhaps if you were to uninstall DM completely, re-boot your PC and start over, the message will go away.

I really have no idea what is causing this. I am sorry.
    No apology needed, unless if you had a hand in creating DM 4.6!!!!!
    Just kidding

Thanks anyway
    10-06-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD