I'm new with BB, but I think I understand how I can deploy an application on the BB using the desktop application.
    For this I need some files like a ALX file, and a USB cable.
    It works fine.
    I also understand that sometimes the provider of the application (like google maps) send you a link, so you have to download the application from the BB browser.
    That's the problem, I don't have it, I think it has been disabled by my company (it's a professional mobile).
    So how can I dowload those applications that do not provide a zip or ALX file??
    No possibility?
    Please note that I installed mini opera, but the links like m.google.fr/mapsdoes not work (I mean I see the page, I even see the "install" link, but nothing happen when I click on the link).

I also tried to install the AppWord, and it's worst, it keeps saying that I have a wrong browser.

Could you please let me know if there is a place where I can find those standard applications in zip file?

thanks a lot
    01-18-11 04:49 AM
    Seems like your IT policy is pretty tight.. no real way around it as the rules are set by your company.
    01-18-11 07:35 AM
    Yeah it sure seems like your company has your BB locked down...

It's getting harder and harder to find apps that you can download directly to your desktop and load using DM... When I got my first BB that's how I used to load all my themes and applications, but not so much anymore.

I wonder, even if you were able to load the app on your BB, would the IT policy that's in place allow for it's operation? I wouldn't think so...
    01-18-11 07:52 AM
    I installed several applications that way, like mini opera, and some torch application.
    That's why I think I shoudl be able to deploy them if I could get the alx file

01-18-11 08:05 AM