Ok I have att. How do I download the file to my desktop without plugging my berry in to my laptop? I have to modify the file before I can get it on my berry. Thanks!
    06-11-08 04:06 PM
    Huh? I don't understand what exactly you are trying to do? Can you explain more?
    06-11-08 04:44 PM
    Sure. I want to install bb maps to my 8820, but att doesn't allow that. They want you to pay for their gps app. There is a way to install bb maps by modifying the file code. The problem is that when I try to download bb maps to do this, I only can find either a ota install, which doesn't let me save the file, or a option from the rim site that makes me plug my bb in to install bb maps. I need to find a site that will let me download the file and save it to my desktop so I can modify it. Sorry I didn't go into much detail before

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 05:19 PM
    It's ok. Actually i deleted bb maps from my phone and i use Mobile, or Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!. both free and works great. Sorry that i can't help you.
    06-11-08 05:21 PM
    You don't modify the bbmaps file. You modify your lbs.alx file to allow bbmaps to be loaded. I'm posting via wapforums and can't get to my link. Seacrh for John Clark's memory management procedure. In it, he tells the specific edits you need to make.

06-11-08 05:38 PM
    Jeff I owe ya one so here goes:

The link Jeff mentioned
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-11-08 at 05:59 PM.
    06-11-08 05:49 PM
    Oh I get it now. Thanks!!!

06-11-08 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD