For me, the stupid assistant thing and the search feature are the biggest issues. And the calendar. For day to day use how is the new one an improvement?
    Also, with the email, its annoying that you can't read the person who sent the emails full name at the top because of the time and date is obscuring it. And when you are adding email addresses it used to be big and hold and blue. Now it's small and grey. How is this an 'improvement'?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:32 AM
    I m having the same issue with BBM. Could you please help me with fixing it.

Posted via CB10
    While you're in BBM, swipe down from the top and click on settings. From there you can turn off ' show action bar with keyboard '. Once you've done that, close your BBM app, re-open it and you should see your msg box when typing a msg because the action bar will no longer be visible.
    02-21-15 07:09 AM
    While you're in BBM, swipe down from the top and click on settings. From there you can turn off ' show action bar with keyboard '. Once you've done that, close your BBM app, re-open it and you should see your msg box when typing a msg because the action bar will no longer be visible.
    Thanks a bunch. I got it finally.. Thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:43 AM
    I don't take nothing from Blackberry for granted. I paid good real $$$ for all my Blackberries, and so do most of the people here.
    And people here are having a healthy discussion about the shortcomings of the new OS, except for your comments, and this.
    Ha ha ha hilarious.

Go check the rest of the comments and complaints.

Like I've been saying from day 1. You pay for what you use and if you don't think this platform works for you, then go to one that does.

Or since all other phone OS's seem perfect to everyone else, then go use it.

I paid for this phone as well and I'm fine with it. It does what I need it to do.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:51 AM
    So far I really like it on my Z10, can't wait till Monday to down load it on my Z30. Now my Z10 is running smoothly ,no jitters or laggy transitions between pages yet.
    02-21-15 08:51 AM
    I AM a programmer for 20 years and I do it better.
    So do it better.

I will be on the look out for your cell phone and OS. Let me know when you come out and sell it to the public.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    02-21-15 08:52 AM
    It seems like all you ever do here is complain about other people complaining. I don't get it, but in my opinion, people who spend their money on products have the right to complain about stuff like this.

You do realize that it isn't our responsibility to write updates for BB10? Yes? That is BlackBerry's job. I go to work six days a week, and I do my job well. If I did a crappy job, I probably wouldn't have a job to go to anymore.

BlackBerry hasn't been doing too great of a job lately and the result is fewer and fewer sells.

The bottom line is it is BlackBerry who needs to step it up, do a better job and ultimately make customers happy. If they don't, well they probably won't need to worry about it much longer.
    Yeah I do wonder why people complain so much about trivial things. These first world problems everyone seem to complain about are nothing but little issues.

If I could do it better or could sell it better and what not, trust me I would. But since I can't, I am happy with what I have and bought.

So in your opinion they are doing a crappy job, so why do you still use it? Go and jump ship to iOS or Android because they seem to do no wrong.

That's just my 2 cents about these things.

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    02-21-15 08:57 AM
    10.3.1 welcome. It is a great blessing in disguise for BlackBerry. No. 1 OS in the world.
    Whole new experience with the BlackBerry. I loaded it on my Z30 and Z10. Superlative experience. Battery life has noticeable change in Z10.
    Enjoying the innovation. 9/10 I will give.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    garrett lajoie likes this.
    02-21-15 09:07 AM
    Yeah I do wonder why people complain so much about trivial things. These first world problems everyone seem to complain about are nothing but little issues.

If I could do it better or could sell it better and what not, trust me I would. But since I can't, I am happy with what I have and bought.

So in your opinion they are doing a crappy job, so why do you still use it? Go and jump ship to iOS or Android because they seem to do no wrong.

That's just my 2 cents about these things.

Posted via CB10
    So let me get this straight, you are happy to live with a crappy thing just because you can't do it better yourself? Wow, do you apply this to everything you buy, or just phones? Hey, if I followed that criteria, I would be living with crap all around me! :-)

Having said that, nobody is talking about jumping ship to iOS or Android here. People (most) are just showing their frustrations with with the new upgrade. As BlackBerry fans, we all look forward to quality devices and software, not only for our enjoyment, but also for the brighter future they may bring BlackBerry as a result. As BlackBerry fans, we are entitled to show criticism when it's deserved!
    Witmen, Hai Bo and Donvald like this.
    02-21-15 09:40 AM
    So far so good. I do have a problem with the smaller icons adding the extra row i just find them too small to read. Is there any way to resize them to make them bigger?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:15 AM
    Huge step forward. It is finally on the path to being a contender.

Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.1.2267
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-21-15 10:21 AM
    Arggg. There used to be an easy way to change the notifications to silent. My wife changes hers often depending if she is in class, teaching or in the silent study area. It used to be just drag from the top, select notifications, drag sound to OFF. That option is now gone. Not it's one more step. Just another waste of time.
    Just finished typing that paragraph and she has more complaints..
    "They have gone gay iPhone" with the camera button. We're people really that stupid they couldn't figure out to just rap anywhere on the screen?
    The hub screen looks ugly and she cannot figure out how to change the colours to something that looks good.
    Just got a compliment. Nope, maybe not... I can tell she is not impressed. glad I have not updated yet.. Damn I wanted to try out blend.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    02-21-15 10:25 AM
    I'm very happy with 10.3.1 so far, I've had it for a few hours now. Overall the UI feels slick and clean looking. Apps like Phone and Browser look beautiful. In some places things look cleaned up; lines thinned, sharp corners, but in other places titles also look more bolded.
    There will be a little bit of relearning to be done, (music app, remember, calendar) but I like some of the new features. I'm still learning how to use Assistant but it seems quite intelligent so far. Keyboard shortcuts are going to be very useful I predict, and the new intelligent actions like placing my BlackBerry face down on a surface to automatically have it turn off is really cool. I'm also excited to try BlackBerry Blend.

I'll have to get used to the new calendar app, so far I don't like it. Too many rows of weeks on my small Q10 screen (February only has 4 weeks, why does it try to squeeze in 6?). When on daily view you can't swipe over to the next day (it brings you to the large monthly view), and the dots on the month view to show events are not as intuitive as the old lines that show how long an event is. And what happened to large numbers to show the busiest days? The calendar used to be one of my favorite parts of BB10, something I would show off to anyone who cared, now it's not so smart.
    02-21-15 10:27 AM
    I've been using 10.3.1 for a long time and I don't really miss any single feature of the previous O.S. BlackBerry is running bb10 in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:41 AM
    So far I am finding better battery life, better camera experience and slightly quicker Android apps. I did have to reload the Android CB but then again we have a BB10 app for that.

I maybe alone in this but I would love to see an Z10 upgrade similar to what Apple does. A Z10S. I like the overall size.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:54 AM
    Arggg. There used to be an easy way to change the notifications to silent. My wife changes hers often depending if she is in class, teaching or in the silent study area. It used to be just drag from the top, select notifications, drag sound to OFF. That option is now gone. Not it's one more step. Just another waste of time.
    Just finished typing that paragraph and she has more complaints..
    "They have gone gay iPhone" with the camera button. We're people really that stupid they couldn't figure out to just rap anywhere on the screen?
    The hub screen looks ugly and she cannot figure out how to change the colours to something that looks good.
    Just got a compliment. Nope, maybe not... I can tell she is not impressed. glad I have not updated yet.. Damn I wanted to try out blend.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    What's so hard about switching between silent and normal ? When you pull down then simply touch the notification icon and it switches between what you selected in the app settings.mines set for silence,normal and bedside

I agree about the hub

Camera , touching the screen in different area allows the ISO adjust to different lighting options. Picture is to bright simply touch a dark spot oft the screen and it adjusts accordingly same as if it to dark , touch a lighter area and your screen brightens. Then if you don't like using the camera icon, use the "up" vol button to snap the perfect picture !!
    02-21-15 10:55 AM
    My initial thought on seeing it was flat and ugly. Now that I've used it for hours I'm constantly finding things I don't like . The editing circle is even more annoying than the last one. I can't get blend to work on either my mac or pc. There is nothing polished or professional about a big dot of colour at the bottom . So many things are landing on my don't like list and only a few are making it to the like one. If an OS has to grow on you, that is a sign there is something wrong with the OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:00 AM
    Some people don't even have it yet and you are already complaining? Either become a phone developer so you,can make your own amazing phone without any problems, switch to android, or stop whining.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:01 AM
    I just upgraded my Z10 to 10.3.1 this morning and I must say I really don't think it's an improvement at all and in many cases its worse.

Things I think are not as good as in 10.2:

- The Search Function: I used to just hit the magnifying glass and start typing. Now when I hit it the Assistant comes up and I have to tap the small "Type Here to get started" box to bring up the keyboard so you can start typing. This is really annoying and as someone who uses search a lot this is a time waster.

- The Subject Line in the Hub is now in grey instead of black, making it harder to read at a glance.

- When an email is open, the sender's name is now split into two lines, with the time and the date obscuring the Surname.

- I miss the old 'blue' Blackberry headings. They were much easier to read and stood out more than the plain white. The whole theme just looks too 'flat' to me, like a bad IOS rip off.

- The White dialling pad looks way worse than the black.

Any thoughts from others?
    I agree with just about everything you said. I don't like the washed out look of the hub. I like the blue headings. I never used search so that is point is meh.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:04 AM
    Getting use to 10.3 ,.....but the volume notifications seem to have dropped by at least 50% !! I have tried everything to increase the volume but nothing seems to be working ! I've missed emails , phone calls , texts & BBM's because I can't hear my Q10 . Please BB get this fixed asap !! It seems I'm not the only one with this problem based on other posts on the Q10 forum.
    02-21-15 12:06 PM
    I've been using a 10.3 leak on my z30 since last December and love it. Very happy to have the cleaned up official release. I've been eagerly awaiting this update for my passport os mostly in expectation of an update to the camera auto-focus behavior. I've quickly taken a few pics and the camera seems to focus much more quickly so I'm a happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:21 PM
    No bbm voice over 10.3.1.1565 any ideas

Posted via CB 10 app from a glorious BlackBerry Passport
    02-21-15 12:40 PM
    I just upgraded my Z10 to 10.3.1 this morning and I must say I really don't think it's an improvement at all and in many cases its worse.

Things I think are not as good as in 10.2:

- The Search Function: I used to just hit the magnifying glass and start typing. Now when I hit it the Assistant comes up and I have to tap the small "Type Here to get started" box to bring up the keyboard so you can start typing. This is really annoying and as someone who uses search a lot this is a time waster.

- The Subject Line in the Hub is now in grey instead of black, making it harder to read at a glance.

- When an email is open, the sender's name is now split into two lines, with the time and the date obscuring the Surname.

- I miss the old 'blue' Blackberry headings. They were much easier to read and stood out more than the plain white. The whole theme just looks too 'flat' to me, like a bad IOS rip off.

- The White dialling pad looks way worse than the black.

Any thoughts from others?
    Agreed with all of this ^

One thing I find annoying is the profile changing. In 10.2.1 you could press the up volume button to change from Silent to Normal profiles. Now you have to pull down from the menu and change it. Also, the profile icon used to have a blue bar at the bottom when it was on silent. Now for silent, there is just a line through the icon, which is harder to see.

I don't think the radio's aren't as good as 10.2.1 either, I could always get 1 or 2 out of 4 bars on Wi-Fi in my room, now I struggle to get 1 bar.

Another thing is the active frames. When you minimise an app it jumps back to a set position, rather than going to the top left as in 10.2.1. I find it confusing as hell now, when you swipe up and your app veers off to the bottom right underneath your thumb. What was wrong with the previous setup?

Apart from this, I am fairly pleased with 10.3.1, perhaps BlackBerry just need some time to iron out the issues.
    02-21-15 12:47 PM
    Well, I've no idea what are these people complaining about 10.3.1,but I sideload 10.3.1.1154 on my Z30 a few months ago and loving it. I'm former Apple IOS, but 10.3.1 is light year ahead of IOS based on my experience. I really love the BlackBerry Blend. I think it is the killer. Every morning pull into work parking lot, it alert me I'm connecting to my work computer. While do work reports on computer, email, text are coming it alerts me instantly. I have never miss anything while working on my computer. I can leave my phone at home and still be able to retrieve some files I need from my phone. There is nothing to complain. With the Blend alone, put every platforms to shame. This is just my experience with 10.3.1.1154.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by playpen007; 02-21-15 at 05:05 PM.
    02-21-15 01:10 PM
    I love the overall UI, simple, snappy, and clean. Battery save mode is a great addition.

I would have preferred blackberry didn't take away the flash player, I use it a lot and it is one of the features I brag to my friends about.

I have a problem it the rotation lock, it is stuck in landscape for many of my apps including the hub

The assistance could better in terms of speed and accuracy

Good improvement in general

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:04 PM
131 12345 ...