I just upgraded my Z10 to 10.3.1 this morning and I must say I really don't think it's an improvement at all and in many cases its worse.

Things I think are not as good as in 10.2:

- The Search Function: I used to just hit the magnifying glass and start typing. Now when I hit it the Assistant comes up and I have to tap the small "Type Here to get started" box to bring up the keyboard so you can start typing. This is really annoying and as someone who uses search a lot this is a time waster.

- The Subject Line in the Hub is now in grey instead of black, making it harder to read at a glance.

- When an email is open, the sender's name is now split into two lines, with the time and the date obscuring the Surname.

- I miss the old 'blue' Blackberry headings. They were much easier to read and stood out more than the plain white. The whole theme just looks too 'flat' to me, like a bad IOS rip off.

- The White dialling pad looks way worse than the black.

Any thoughts from others?
    hopesrefound and Newton Crane like this.
    02-20-15 07:07 AM
    I agree on Assistant, especially on its first load it takes a good 10 seconds to appear some times,

There's something about 10.3, it feels broken, I liked 10.2 because the UI felt solid, like it wasn't going to break, 10.3 makes be feel like it's going to stop randomly like an Old Android does.
    MuchoZzz likes this.
    02-20-15 07:13 AM
    Stop complaining sigh I don't even have it yet and you people complaining already. some of you can never be please never appreciate someone's hard work just a shame N.B ntn in life is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:19 AM
    Also, the calendar app is now a lot worse. What's with the white and pale green theme.........???!!!
    djfawbz likes this.
    02-20-15 07:20 AM
    I don't mind any colour schemes the OS has. My gripes are with the basic functionality of the OS. I can't even get the camera app working! There are bugs throughout the OS. My wifi keeps dropping too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    50fingers likes this.
    02-20-15 07:23 AM
    I can get the camera working but just discovered the cool feature where you can take a picture by tapping anywhere on the screen in gone. Again, why get rid off this feature and make it just like an iphone or android camera?
    02-20-15 07:30 AM
    I agree with the points the OP has raised, I'm also noticing a drastic reduction in battery life! And I don't like the way BlackBerry Hub opens on the hub tab and not the last tab left open.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:33 AM
    And yet your tagline says sent from my iPhone!?!? Last time I checked, that device can't run BB10.

I've had 10.3.1 on my Classic for a month and love it - leaps and bounds ahead of earlier versions of the OS. Yes, there are some small things to get used to, but the overall features added far outweigh any middling little quirks (ie colour scheme in calendar). Customizable notifications, Blend, Assistant, Amazon Store, nicer icons, battery saving, picture lock screen and waaaay more.

Having migrated back to BlackBerry from iPhone recently, I am thrilled with this OS. I had a Z10 back on initial release day and BB10 at the time lacked refinement (and man, were there a lot of bugs). The latest update feels so much more polished and has a lot more going for it than iOS. I can't believe how sick I got of the constant home button punching and the lack of ability to search files/folders.

What's sad it that anyone who is an iPhone junkie won't even give other OS's a chance, and they have no idea just how incredibly restrictive the iPhone is. Other than maybe changing your wallpaper and rearranging icons, there is almost nothing else you can do to make the OS feel like your own. With BB10, you can add all those custom notifications, easily move files to and from the device in a variety of ways, upgrade storage and more. It may not be on the level of Android for manipulation, but a lot more fun that iOS.

Give 10.3.1 some time and I bet you'll learn to love it...iffy colour schemes and all.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply gtkw1.

I'll give it a good go for a week or two and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Ive got 2 Z10's so if I cant I'll just revert to the other one running 10.2.

Every other upgrade on the BB10 felt natural and improved. In my opinion, the new 10.3.1 is the opposite. This assistant 'feature' is already starting to grate after a couple of hours. I wish you could fully disable it.
    Newton Crane likes this.
    02-20-15 07:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply gtkw1.

I'll give it a good go for a week or two and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Ive got 2 Z10's so if I cant I'll just revert to the other one running 10.2.

Every other upgrade on the BB10 felt natural and improved. In my opinion, the new 10.3.1 is the opposite. This assistant 'feature' is already starting to grate after a couple of hours. I wish you could fully disable it.

Yeah the assistant is pretty poor, and slow
    02-20-15 07:49 AM
    - The Search Function: I used to just hit the magnifying glass and start typing. Now when I hit it the Assistant comes up and I have to tap the small "Type Here to get started" box to bring up the keyboard so you can start typing. This is really annoying and as someone who uses search a lot this is a time waster.
    This Assistent is crap. It's unusable and a clear step backwards from the former search app. The search app was a solid piece of software - it was the command line for people who know what they are doing! But who needs this Assistent? And what for?

It reminds me of Microsoft's famous paperclip, "I think you want to write a letter, blink blink", "No I don't.", "Yes, you want, blink blink" (look how this paperclip has ended ...) Such software normally comes up when marketing dudes begin to think the users are more and more idiots. Managers say then "Clear case, give them an assistent and better you make it voice controlled, reduces spelling problems, this will be our next killer feature."

I want to see my car coming out of a garage, and the mechanic says "Ahm, btw, we replaced the wheel and the pedals by voice control. Just tell him left or right or slower or faster - you learn it by the time ..." (I hear it already "I think you want to turn to the left, blink blink ...", "No, straight forward, straight formward!!!", "No, turn to the left, blink blink." and then I see the paperclip on the tachometer, smiling as he always did ...)
    02-20-15 07:50 AM
    Hey guys, if you can do better then go and become programmers and do better. Just saying that everyone takes things for granted and complain too much about things.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:50 AM
    And yet your tagline says sent from my iPhone!?!? Last time I checked, that device can't run BB10.

I've had 10.3.1 on my Classic for a month and love it - leaps and bounds ahead of earlier versions of the OS. Yes, there are some small things to get used to, but the overall features added far outweigh any middling little quirks (ie colour scheme in calendar). Customizable notifications, Blend, Assistant, Amazon Store, nicer icons, battery saving, picture lock screen and waaaay more.

Having migrated back to BlackBerry from iPhone recently, I am thrilled with this OS. I had a Z10 back on initial release day and BB10 at the time lacked refinement (and man, were there a lot of bugs). The latest update feels so much more polished and has a lot more going for it than iOS. I can't believe how sick I got of the constant home button punching and the lack of ability to search files/folders.

What's sad it that anyone who is an iPhone junkie won't even give other OS's a chance, and they have no idea just how incredibly restrictive the iPhone is. Other than maybe changing your wallpaper and rearranging icons, there is almost nothing else you can do to make the OS feel like your own. With BB10, you can add all those custom notifications, easily move files to and from the device in a variety of ways, upgrade storage and more. It may not be on the level of Android for manipulation, but a lot more fun that iOS.

Give 10.3.1 some time and I bet you'll learn to love it...iffy colour schemes and all.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm your response seemed a bit rush. I got my first blackberry (z10) back when it launched so I have a good idea how much it has improved. The z10 is sitting right next to me. I'm trying to work around this camera app issue. Reading articles here that may help me. I KNOW iPhone is restrictive and what bb10 can or cannot do. Thing is the bugs are hard to ignore. Like the camera app not working at all for me. Overall the OS is very polished now but it works when it wants to, stability is still an issue. Good thing is BB listens , so I think these buys will soon be resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BerrySoul and wndnHD like this.
    02-20-15 07:51 AM
    Hey guys, if you can do better then go and become programmers and do better.
    I AM a programmer for 20 years and I do it better.
    02-20-15 07:57 AM
    Hey guys, if you can do better then go and become programmers and do better. Just saying that everyone takes things for granted and complain too much about things.
    Posted via CB10
    I don't take nothing from Blackberry for granted. I paid good real $$$ for all my Blackberries, and so do most of the people here.
    And people here are having a healthy discussion about the shortcomings of the new OS, except for your comments, and this.
    02-20-15 08:16 AM
    It seems cluttered on the q10

Posted via CB10
    Newton Crane likes this.
    02-20-15 08:19 AM
    RELAX Give it a few days it will get better and when you get use to it = Whamo Love my Berry .
    BerrySoul and mkelley65 like this.
    02-20-15 08:23 AM
    I really like the update. I can somewhat see what the complaints are with Assistent.

But overall I'm impressed and have the feeling that my Z10 is much faster.

I like the battery saving mode, customizations options for different led lights for different contacts.

I like the feature that you can pick up your device and it turns the screen on.

I like the feature to rearrange your options menu and much more.

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    02-20-15 08:26 AM
    I've been on 10.3 and up since the first leaks and when I go back to 10.2.1 I just find it slow and old looking. I much prefer the cleaner look and (for me) added functionality.

I much prefer the Hub now with the instant actions so I can quickly delete items.

The whole UI is a little tighter and cleaner and I find more polished (look at the bottom of the Hub for instance vs the old black bar at the bottom).

BlackBerry Blend I find pretty useful even if it needs some work (though the core stuff you need is there).

I much prefer the clean look of the pop up boxes vs the old style.

With regards to the Calendar, I missed the larger numbers for dates with appointments but I've gotten used to the newer look and I think I prefer it now.

The contact app is much better giving you more control how it links contacts (I never liked linking so now I can turn it off).

The whole OS is faster than 10.2.1 (having to use a Z10 on 10.2.1 recently I was surprised at how slow it was and after I updated it to 10.3.1 it ran much faster).

The extra row of icons and the ability to have as many apps as you want in a folder makes organizing a lot more efficient.

You have much more control over the device with the new device manager so you can see whats eating up your batter, cpu, bandwidth. You now have as much control and info as you would on an Android (so way better than Apple or Windows phone).

The only grips I have with 10.3.1 is that the Assistant icon is a bit too close to your page switcher and I find I activate by accident more often than not.

Anyways. Just give it some time to get used to it.
    02-20-15 08:48 AM
    Each to their own, but I liked the old look much better. To my eyes it looked more 'professional', including the black bars at the bottom and the blue at the top. It was more unique and easier to use and view. I find the new UI bland.

Take the new message interface for example - this is definitely a backward step. The messages are now squashed horizontally with a photo on the right (a blank icon if you don't have a picture of the person).
    Newton Crane and Tatwi like this.
    02-20-15 08:59 AM
    Each to their own, but I liked the old look much better. To my eyes it looked more 'professional', including the black bars at the bottom and the blue at the top. It was more unique and easier to use and view. I find the new UI bland.

Take the new message interface for example - this is definitely a backward step. The messages are now squashed horizontally with a photo on the right (a blank icon if you don't have a picture of the person).
    But of course I'll give it a week or two to see if I get used to it. Who knows, I might grow to love it! lol
    02-20-15 09:00 AM
    My initial thoughts is that some users might benefit from doing an clean install and limiting their restores to data only...
    mkelley65 likes this.
    02-20-15 09:18 AM
    I am sure that as we speak BlackBerry is working on fixing the bugs that users have "quietly" complained about
    02-20-15 09:35 AM
    I really dont mind it . runs faster, looks better and the android runtime is a huge improvement.
    02-20-15 09:46 AM
    I've been on 10.3 and up since the first leaks and when I go back to 10.2.1 I just find it slow and old looking. I much prefer the cleaner look and (for me) added functionality.

I much prefer the Hub now with the instant actions so I can quickly delete items.

The whole UI is a little tighter and cleaner and I find more polished (look at the bottom of the Hub for instance vs the old black bar at the bottom).

BlackBerry Blend I find pretty useful even if it needs some work (though the core stuff you need is there).

I much prefer the clean look of the pop up boxes vs the old style.

With regards to the Calendar, I missed the larger numbers for dates with appointments but I've gotten used to the newer look and I think I prefer it now.

The contact app is much better giving you more control how it links contacts (I never liked linking so now I can turn it off).

The whole OS is faster than 10.2.1 (having to use a Z10 on 10.2.1 recently I was surprised at how slow it was and after I updated it to 10.3.1 it ran much faster).

The extra row of icons and the ability to have as many apps as you want in a folder makes organizing a lot more efficient.

You have much more control over the device with the new device manager so you can see whats eating up your batter, cpu, bandwidth. You now have as much control and info as you would on an Android (so way better than Apple or Windows phone).

The only grips I have with 10.3.1 is that the Assistant icon is a bit too close to your page switcher and I find I activate by accident more often than not.

Anyways. Just give it some time to get used to it.
    Why did they take away the letters down the right side in contacts, I loved that feature. Battery life is my biggest grope at the minute, would like the old search option restored, but overall I do like it.

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    02-20-15 10:08 AM
131 123 ...