Indonesian government officials need their fix of pot so they try to target foreign companies. Can't blame 'em, they have spent A LOT of money becoming government officials in the first place.

National Electric Company regularly have problems, can be anywhere from once a year in a region or multiple times a week in other region, and this is talking about city-wide, not nation wide.

I never saw the government whining about those.

Meanwhile, an accident caused by a corporation in Java got overruled as "natural disaster" after years of dragging payments, now we have to pay private corporate hiccups with tax money, while the corporate gulps down all the profits if nothing happened, go figure.

You heard it here folks, Indonesian government is getting desperate for easy targets

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-16-13 04:16 AM
    Indonesian government officials need their fix of pot so they try to target foreign companies. Can't blame 'em, they have spent A LOT of money becoming government officials in the first place.

National Electric Company regularly have problems, can be anywhere from once a year in a region or multiple times a week in other region, and this is talking about city-wide, not nation wide.

I never saw the government whining about those.

Meanwhile, an accident caused by a corporation in Java got overruled as "natural disaster" after years of dragging payments, now we have to pay private corporate hiccups with tax money, while the corporate gulps down all the profits if nothing happened, go figure.

You heard it here folks, Indonesian government is getting desperate for easy targets

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    i'm not saying all the government official are honest people...yes many government official is indonesia are corrupted.and it is quite obvious they are targeting blackberry.

but this regulation will help indonesian customers to get better services, other developed countries doesn't have the same problem because their law already protecting customer interest.

even though we are one of the largest BB market . but we get a below average service compare to others. BB don't have their official service center, only service center running by authorized dealer like TAM, commtech, SCM and others. it is make them easier to point others if they have some problem

plus from what i read compensation will not go to government official, but directly to the subscribers
    07-16-13 05:29 AM
    I don't see how it's going to "protect" customers. BlackBerry can't pay a fine of $1.5 million with accountability if they have to directly pay their customers. If we are to assume BlackBerry have 1.5 million subscribers, everyone will get $1 each, which is barely enough to get you a lunch at Tegal kiosk (okay, maybe if you don't eat the red meat) let alone damages due to service outage, and BlackBerry has more than $1.5 million customers.

They can offer a paid app for free like they did with "Compliments from BlackBerry" a while back, but that's it

The fine is going to government coffers, and we all know where the government coffers is: the entire commission and their families get vacation package to Venezuela to study their boyscouts.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-16-13 08:47 AM
    I don't see how it's going to "protect" customers. BlackBerry can't pay a fine of $1.5 million with accountability if they have to directly pay their customers. If we are to assume BlackBerry have 1.5 million subscribers, everyone will get $1 each, which is barely enough to get you a lunch at Tegal kiosk (okay, maybe if you don't eat the red meat) let alone damages due to service outage, and BlackBerry has more than $1.5 million customers.

They can offer a paid app for free like they did with "Compliments from BlackBerry" a while back, but that's it

The fine is going to government coffers, and we all know where the government coffers is: the entire commission and their families get vacation package to Venezuela to study their boyscouts.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    it seems you don't read the link

BB pay the fine through the carrier by refunding each BB subscriber rp 1000 pre paid credit balance "pulsa". it is much simple and easy to do.

PS :
    please read the link first than make a comment. everything already being explained.

do i need to teach you how to open a link?
    07-16-13 11:05 AM

do i need to teach you how to open a link?
    Wow, you are a very rude person. Defend your government and your carrier, if that makes you so happy. But the posts you link are not really much proof that there was a BlackBerry problem moreso than your carrier's data problems.
    07-16-13 11:22 AM
    Do you actually know that for a fact or is that what your government wants you to believe? If there was a BlackBerry problem, someone outside of Indonesa would be agreeing with you.

Posted using the Diva's Z
    What kind of question is this? How hard do you honestly think it is to find out if the other carriers have the BIS outage as well? Do you not think people have friends/relatives/coworkers on the other carriers?

Was it the American government making things up when BIS was down all across the country a few years back? Was it the most powerful people in the world teaming up together to announce BIS was out across the world a few years back?

Let's not make this into a Indonesian government conspiracy theory.
    07-16-13 11:39 AM
    PS :
    even RIM admit it's their problem.

i'm not defending my government , i quite vocal about corruption in indonesian government, their abuse of power. but it is different discussion, and i think this regulation will benefit indonesians BB subscriber, and will push Blackberry to increase their services in here.

for carrier, just like i said on other post indonesians have 3 major carrier xl, indosat, telkomsel and other carrier like flexi, smartfren, esia, axis. if the problem only occured to one carrier than it is simple it's carrier problem . but when it happen to all carriers than it's blackberry problem.
    07-16-13 11:43 AM
    Wow, you are a very rude person. Defend your government and your carrier, if that makes you so happy. But the posts you link are not really much proof that there was a BlackBerry problem moreso than your carrier's data problems.
    Is BBM down for you in Asia Pacific? | CrackBerry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...i-post-824962/

And here is a quick Google search for you.

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...w=1284&bih=673
    garnok likes this.
    07-16-13 11:45 AM
    How would BB repay customers directly is my question. They dont necessarily have record of all the subscribers, they only have what is given to them by the user, if anything. And depending on the risk vs the punishment, it may be easier for BlackBerry to simply not have service in Indonesia. It could easily become cost prohibitive for something that shouldnt be happening anyway. Your carriers are the ones you have a contract (or service) with, not BlackBerry. Your carriers collect your money, not BlackBerry. BlackBerry makes hardware and software and allows that to connect to their back end network, THROUGH a carrier. I would be interested to see how this plays out legally, since BlackBerry is also a multinational corporation with their HQ in Canada.
    07-16-13 11:50 AM
    How would BB repay customers directly is my question. They dont necessarily have record of all the subscribers, they only have what is given to them by the user, if anything. And depending on the risk vs the punishment, it may be easier for BlackBerry to simply not have service in Indonesia. It could easily become cost prohibitive for something that shouldnt be happening anyway. Your carriers are the ones you have a contract (or service) with, not BlackBerry. Your carriers collect your money, not BlackBerry. BlackBerry makes hardware and software and allows that to connect to their back end network, THROUGH a carrier. I would be interested to see how this plays out legally, since BlackBerry is also a multinational corporation with their HQ in Canada.
    Took the words right out of my mouth
    07-16-13 12:04 PM
    Their government would keep the fines.

BlackBerry would repay users with free apps, like the big outtage that we had a few years ago.
    07-16-13 12:06 PM
    Like i said..

carrier give BB subscribers compensation. and they charge it to blackberry.

blackberry and carrier know how many subscribers they have in indonesia by simply look to their database. it's much more simple for BB because every device have a pin specific.

indonesian mobile market don't use contract system. majority use pre paid card. when you want to use BIS you have to manualy register it from your phone, BB/carrier will cut the fee from your phone credit balance. if the regulation being approved it is simple blackberry simply refund your credit balance rp 1000 if the outage happen more than 4 hours

i dont think blackberry will ditch indonesian market. eventhough majority only low end blackberry device. but their total subscribers around 6.3 million , almost 10% of BB total customers.

and if BB want to monetize from BBM chanel, they need indonesian market to succed. for example indonesia is number 4 in term total facebook and twitter user by country.
    07-16-13 12:17 PM
    Like i said..

carrier give BB subscribers compensation. and they charge it to blackberry.

blackberry and carrier know how many subscribers they have in indonesia by simply look to their database. it's much more simple for BB because every device have a pin specific.

indonesian mobile market don't use contract system. majority use pre paid card. when you want to use BIS you have to manualy register it from your phone, BB/carrier will cut the fee from your phone credit balance. if the regulation being approved it is simple blackberry simply refund your credit balance rp 1000 if the outage happen more than 4 hours

i dont think blackberry will ditch indonesian market. eventhough majority only low end blackberry device. but their total subscribers around 6.3 million , almost 10% of BB total customers.

and if BB want to monetize from BBM chanel, they need indonesian market to succed. for example indonesia is number 4 in term total facebook and twitter user by country.
    Follow the money. Is the prepaid money going directly to BlackBerry? If not, then the carrier is involved. If the carrier is involved, why arent they also being held accountable? BlackBerry may only get a fraction of what you pay for BIS (and almost certainly is only a fraction). The carriers get a large chunk of that data cost.
    07-16-13 12:20 PM
    Their government would keep the fines.

BlackBerry would repay users with free apps, like the big outtage that we had a few years ago.
    please read the link. it's the subscribers who get the compensation if it is being approved.

one thing i know why government threaten BB. is to push BB open their server like BB open their server for india government.

if BB doesn't want to open their server. government will push this regulation to be approved.
    07-16-13 12:20 PM
    Follow the money. Is the prepaid money going directly to BlackBerry? If not, then the carrier is involved. If the carrier is involved, why arent they also being held accountable? BlackBerry may only get a fraction of what you pay for BIS (and almost certainly is only a fraction). The carriers get a large chunk of that data cost.
    because the problem came from BB side. it is simple

actually carrier get less money from BIS than a regular data plan, because they have to split it to BB ( $5-7 go to BB for every BIS full service) there are some local interview 1-2years ago..BB can get a premium rate because they are the top phone in here, everyone want/need BB phone (same as iPhone situation in the US) 1-2years ago.

that is why right now carrier push android so hard so they can get all the money for themseleves. exp :
    * exclusive android shop in high class shopping mall provide by xl ,one of the largest carrier in here
    * every top android phone (samsung, sony, LG) come with free pre paid card , and free data for 3-6 months
    07-16-13 12:39 PM
    please read the link. it's the subscribers who get the compensation if it is being approved.

one thing i know why government threaten BB. is to push BB open their server like BB open their server for india government.

if BB doesn't want to open their server. government will push this regulation to be approved.
    If your government EVER shares the fine with you, then please let us all know. Otherwise, just reading your redundant posts is not any real proof.
    07-16-13 01:21 PM
    If your government EVER shares the fine with you, then please let us all know. Otherwise, just reading your redundant posts is not any real proof.
    and your redundant post to..

easy, read the link first on first post.
    07-16-13 11:47 PM
    and your redundant post to..

easy, read the link first on first post.
    I already read it. Let us know when you get your ten cents from the government!!
    07-17-13 12:02 AM
    I already read it. Let us know when you get your ten cents from the government!!
    ok i will tell you if i get my ten cent phone balance back.if the regulation being approved and when blackberry suffer another outage
    07-17-13 04:25 AM
    Since when we in indonesia get compensation for any disappointment on public services? We pay but we are always in the weak side of everything, cant fight that big guy up there

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 04:42 AM
45 12