Hello Crackberry Forums,
    I'm trying to figure out how to increase the amount of e-mail that is stored on my Blackberry Q5.
    A few e-mail accounts are synced with Microsoft Activesync and others are on POP3.
    The ones on POP3 only store the sent e-mail message from the days previous and not the message that was received in my inbox.
    Sometimes I have e-mails I need to retrieve from several months back and it would be useful to increase the storage allowed. I've looked through the settings and haven't been able to locate where to do this.
    Thanks in advance!
    07-07-14 04:25 PM
    Hub - Settings - Email Accounts - [Account] - Edit - Sync Timeframe

Hello Crackberry Forums,
    I'm trying to figure out how to increase the amount of e-mail that is stored on my Blackberry Q5.
    A few e-mail accounts are synced with Microsoft Activesync and others are on POP3.
    The ones on POP3 only store the sent e-mail message from the days previous and not the message that was received in my inbox.
    Sometimes I have e-mails I need to retrieve from several months back and it would be useful to increase the storage allowed. I've looked through the settings and haven't been able to locate where to do this.
    Thanks in advance!
    FSeverino likes this.
    07-07-14 07:03 PM
    Hub - Settings - Email Accounts - [Account] - Edit - Sync Timeframe
    This!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:06 PM
    If you keep your email on the pop server, you can setup the account to retrieve all the email on the sever and transfer it to your phone. For Imap and pop accounts you cannot edit how far back it syncs if the account is already setup on the phone. You need to delete the account on the phone and then add it again. When adding the account set the sync time frame to forever. If you have a lot of email to sync from the server, it can take a while.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:21 PM
    Thanks for the tips. It seems unfortunate that with 'Sync Timeframe' there is only 30 days and Forever. Nothing in between. I would like to keep about 6 months of e-mails and not years of e-mail on the phone. Blackberry should offer more flexibility in this regard.
    07-08-14 01:33 PM
    Thanks for the tips. It seems unfortunate that with 'Sync Timeframe' there is only 30 days and Forever. Nothing in between. I would like to keep about 6 months of e-mails and not years of e-mail on the phone. Blackberry should offer more flexibility in this regard.
    It's not BlackBerry. It's your service provider that dictates the sync timeframe. Please done throw BlackBerry under the bus for something they can't control.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3247
    07-09-14 02:28 AM