I didn't see this in the "General" forum. There is/was a thread under the Bold 9700, but I think it applies to more than just one model, and I haven't seen any new info on this. PictureID doesn't work if it's locked. Theme Builder doesn't let me modify the size. The photo displayed during an incoming call is even smaller on my new Pearl 9100 than it was on the old 8100. Anybody know of a way or an app or a theme that can manipulate this?

Other Thread: "--> h tt p : / / forums.crackberry.com/f146/small-photo-picture-size-caller-id-incoming-call-contact-can-made-larger-395716/#post5721495"
    10-29-10 04:57 PM
    PictureID doesn't work if it's locked.
    If content protection is enabled WITH THE ADDRESS BOOK INCLUDED, picture ID will not work when the device is locked.
    10-29-10 05:02 PM
    I'm trying to remember my eighth grade algebra - transitive or symmetric property or something? - so, does that mean if content protection is disabled, then PictureID WILL work when the device is locked?

It's curious to me that this tiny, tiny incoming call photo is not a bigger issue for people. There's pages of discussion about how the Bold is better than the Pearl, with complaints about small QWERTY and what not. Yet, there seem to be very few people bothered by the fact that the pictures got smaller in newer versions, and with all the customization possible with themes, etc., there's no way to make that bigger. Odd. Oh well, I go crawl back under my rock.
    11-01-10 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD